What's new

I've found my first customer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Writer

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Aug 26, 2014
Messages
305
Location
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Rep Bank
$1,015
User Power: 143%
Just to let my millions of fans in this forum know.

I have not being sleeping, I have been working at night on my side business for which I needed to learn a few skills. I am not ready to open a Progress Thread yet, just know that I have been thinking about this even before joining the forum (which was pivotal to convince me to make the first step).

So, although things are really not in place, I have found my first customer for the service I wish to provide.

I said customer, not paying customer. Why? Because he’s not paying. I know the guy, and he has a LOT of friends, some of them well placed in government and business. Yet, he needs what I am offering, and I need to build a portfolio and a network.

How about the money? You can’t get rich without money. At this point, I don’t care. I am not rich anyways. I just want to provide a good service to my only customer, make my bones stronger and work toward an increasing network. I already found an outsourcing company for when things will get a little bit tougher.

As I progress more I notice a few things:

- The more I learn the skills, the more I understand I have to learn. Although I don’t want to be the guy to actually DO the things, I have to know the basics to avoid people BS, and especially to intervene in case of emergency

- The more I move, the more I fear, but at the same time, the less I care about my worries.

- The real problem is getting credibility. I am working on that, as I am figuring out where to spend my now limited resources

- The more I fear, the more I am excited. It’s like being in line for a roller-coaster. In line you are a bit excited, but bored. When you know you’re next, you feel real fear but you’re very excited.

- There is an incredible amount of work to do, whether you’re opening a dry cleaner or trying to sell nuclear batteries

- The more I move forward, the more I realize I have to get out of my current situation.



I am not opening a progress thread until I get my first paying customer (which I might’ve found already; wish me luck). It will take time.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom