The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It's been a year... how are you all doing?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've seen quite a few threads about corona, rioting, and even those vicious murder hornets...

But all joking aside... how are you guys doing? Mentally? Emotionally?

Are ya burnt out? Having your best year ever? What's going on?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Thanks for asking, Stephen!

Doing alright but honestly like you said, just tired of COVID and not being able to really do anything. I've decided to re-enroll into school and I'm waiting on my acceptance right now (Ocean Man's Journey to earning a Bachelor's). My day-to-day is working at my day job, reading, and studying. I'm studying Math to prepare for my college math classes and my other studies involve software engineering.

This year I've been doing a lot of reflection on what's important to me and where I want to go. It's important for me to figure out someway to start an online business that would allow me to work from anywhere but also grow and impact enough people. I just have no idea what that would be yet... I have the engineering skills, I don't have the idea.

Definitely also want to get back into shape. I'm literally staying inside every day working, studying, and drinking coffee/eating food. No exercise whatsoever. I need the gym! Squat racks, Bench, etc!

Your conversation with Dave really inspired me and I'd honestly really like to connect with you. Not to ask for anything or buy anything, but just to know you and genuinely connect with you. I love your attitude and work-ethic. Hope you're doing well.

How're things looking for you Stephen? You must be tired from traveling almost everyday. Are you reaching your goals for this year? How has this year changed you and some of the things you originally planned?

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Thanks for asking, Stephen!

Doing alright but honestly like you said, just tired of COVID and not being able to really do anything. I've decided to re-enroll into school and I'm waiting on my acceptance right now (Ocean Man's Journey to earning a Bachelor's). My day-to-day is working at my day job, reading, and studying. I'm studying Math to prepare for my college math classes and my other studies involve software engineering.

This year I've been doing a lot of reflection on what's important to me and where I want to go. It's important for me to figure out someway to start an online business that would allow me to work from anywhere but also grow and impact enough people. I just have no idea what that would be yet... I have the engineering skills, I don't have the idea.

Definitely also want to get back into shape. I'm literally staying inside every day working, studying, and drinking coffee/eating food. No exercise whatsoever. I need the gym! Squat racks, Bench, etc!

Your conversation with Dave really inspired me and I'd honestly really like to connect with you. Not to ask for anything or buy anything, but just to know you and genuinely connect with you. I love your attitude and work-ethic. Hope you're doing well.

How're things looking for you Stephen? You must be tired from traveling almost everyday. Are you reaching your goals for this year? How has this year changed you and some of the things you originally planned?

I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah man, I think the workouts have to be the primary focus -- for me, too.

I just don't feel right when I miss them.

My guess is we're in this thing for the long term -- so if this is "normal life" from now on -- how do we not only survive but thrive, ya know?

Much less travel... MUCH more work. We have an event starting on Thursday, virtually with 22,000 folks. Should be interesting. Other than that, launching some new products, just swung by to see the family in MN... almost got carried away by the mosquitoes...

Happy you're keepin busy!

abhishekk_33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 14, 2020
Bihar,India
I've seen quite a few threads about corona, rioting, and even those vicious murder hornets...

everything's F*cked...
read 12 books, this lockdown (now tired of reading)
living inside my home for 3 months (patience level is depleting)

now... only good things left in life are... sleep, meditations and monsoon..

how are you?

: )

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

Best year ever!!! Even though being stuck at home has created a boring life, I have been learning so many things and progressing personally, mentally, financially.

Thanks for asking. How are you doing?
Are we going to get awesome advice and brilliant stories from you ?

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
Doing much much better actually lol. Almost as if I was shorting 2020. Cleared close to $17K worth of debt in about 18 months, moved out of mom's place March 1st which made things MUCH easier for me emotionally, got a really nice apartment with a nice view on the 43rd floor with a gym and everything a person could possibly ask for. Also doing my CSC which is basically like series 7 in the US, but for Canada.

I am currently positive for COVID so I have to self-isolate lol but it's super mild so I think I'll be okay.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
everything's F*cked...
read 12 books, this lockdown (now tired of reading)
living inside my home for 3 months (patience level is depleting)

now... only good things left in life are... sleep, meditations and monsoon..

how are you?

Any new favorite books out of those?

Best year ever!!! Even though being stuck at home has created a boring life, I have been learning so many things and progressing personally, mentally, financially.

Thanks for asking. How are you doing?
Are we going to get awesome advice and brilliant stories from you ?

Good to hear!

Everyone I've talked to lately is either losing their damn minds or absolutely CRUSHING it. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Doing much much better actually lol. Almost as if I was shorting 2020. Cleared close to $17K worth of debt in about 18 months, moved out of mom's place March 1st which made things MUCH easier for me emotionally, got a really nice apartment with a nice view on the 43rd floor with a gym and everything a person could possibly ask for. Also doing my CSC which is basically like series 7 in the US, but for Canada.

I am currently positive for COVID so I have to self-isolate lol but it's super mild so I think I'll be okay.

Fantastic work my man.

How's the Covid? I should probably get tested. No clue but I could be asymptomatic!

abhishekk_33

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jun 14, 2020
Bihar,India
Any new favorite books out of those?
Here are some finest ones..
1)Death -by Sadhguru
(but i guess.. it's not for you...as it is written on basis of morden and indian ancient sciences... combined)

2)Inner engineering -by Sadhguru
(Sadhguru again??....im not his fan or anything...but believe me....this book is one of the finest books I've ever read on spiritualism... after Bible and bhagwat gita)

3)MJ's both books

4)Zero to One -peter thiel
(really good stuff on economics and start ups)

5) positioning - by Al Ries anr Jack trout
(for fundamentals of marketing)

These are the books i think...everyone should read at least once in their life..

what are your all time favorites?
I would love to know...

Thanks

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I appreciate the kind words.

Yeah man, I think the workouts have to be the primary focus -- for me, too.

I just don't feel right when I miss them.

My guess is we're in this thing for the long term -- so if this is "normal life" from now on -- how do we not only survive but thrive, ya know?

Much less travel... MUCH more work. We have an event starting on Thursday, virtually with 22,000 folks. Should be interesting. Other than that, launching some new products, just swung by to see the family in MN... almost got carried away by the mosquitoes...

Happy you're keepin busy!

You're right, I do believe we're in it for the long haul. Let's figure out a way to thrive in this long haul. 22,000... Wow! I'm running a small software engineering Meetup group that has typically 15 members at each weekend and we're on Zoom. I wonder what you run with 22,000 people. Is it just a live broadcast and not real interaction between all the folks?

Happy to hear you're also keeping busy!

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for asking buddy

Mentally 6/10

Emotionally 6/10

Not burnt out.

Got more time than ever at the moment just working on a project at the moment all day everyday. Not much else to do!

Concerned about my job security as I'm sure alot are right now and I'm torn between focusing on getting another job or focusing on working on self funded income sources.

At the moment self funded is winning the mental battle.

How are you going with all of it?

Tim.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
I was focused on building up my IT skills to get into IT. The plan was to expose myself to the industry and find opportunities where I can contribute as an entrepreneur.

Then the pandemic happens. Good game. I'm re-enrolled into graduate school to finish off my nurse practitioner course work and go into public health to help crush the pandemic and future pandemics all while helping patients on hospice be comfortable with their loved ones in this trying time.

I hope you and everyone else have been well. Stay safe.

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa

Steve, thanks for asking. I’m new to the site. My world changed when I read Fastlane Millionaire. Now reading Unscripted . And I thought I knew business. Ha! Only two other books that had a similar impact “Think and Grow Rich” and the “Slight Edge.” My action step now is a renewed focus on buildIng my online hiring tools biz which the pandemic eviscerated. Add in a cancer diagnosis 3 years ago and last week a blood infection, otherwise I’m doing OK. I’ve uncovered my purpose, changed my attitude and outlook. My daily focus is on building my biz, failing, learning and providing value. Difficult yes; impossible No. My belief: As long as you are on your “Goal Path” you are doing ok.

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
Fantastic work my man.

How's the COVID? I should probably get tested. No clue but I could be asymptomatic!
Ya, it's pretty manageable at the moment. Temperature is pretty normal in the mid 36C and just a small soar throat and a tiny bit of coughing. I honestly believe that it's airborne since I was very diligent with the measures of social distancing, washing hands, not touching your face, wearing a mask, etc but the only change I made lately was not wearing a mask regularly for the past 2 weeks and next thing you know, infected lol.

I do seem to be handling it well but I still don't think it should be taken lightly, however. A work colleague of mine, his aunt died from it about a month ago. She was 57 with no health issues. 3 days after having symptoms, she died. My grandma on the other hand, who is 93 did catch it but managed to recover despite all the health issues she has (Alzheimer's, 19% of the kidneys work, takes tons of pills, etc). At her retirement home, however, 10 people died.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Here are some finest ones..
1)Death -by Sadhguru
(but i guess.. it's not for you...as it is written on basis of morden and indian ancient sciences... combined)

2)Inner engineering -by Sadhguru
(Sadhguru again??....im not his fan or anything...but believe me....this book is one of the finest books I've ever read on spiritualism... after Bible and bhagwat gita)

3)MJ's both books

4)Zero to One -peter thiel
(really good stuff on economics and start ups)

5) positioning - by Al Ries anr Jack trout
(for fundamentals of marketing)

These are the books i think...everyone should read at least once in their life..

what are your all time favorites?
I would love to know...

Thanks

I've not read Sadhguru. I'll have to check it out.

I've actually been burnt out of business books lately but found a couple really good gems.

Levels of Energy by Frederick Dodson is definitely a game changer. Especially in today's world. How people are behaving and reacting. I've enjoyed it.

Kevin Hart's new book "The Decision" is mediocre at best but his "Can't Make This Up" was fantastic.

A couple of trashy Sci-Fi novels here and there... One Million Followers was pretty bad too: "hey, you should just spend 8 million dollars on ads like Taylor Swift and you'll have followers, too!" Bleh.

Next up is The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van der Kolk.

You're right, I do believe we're in it for the long haul. Let's figure out a way to thrive in this long haul. 22,000... Wow! I'm running a small software engineering Meetup group that has typically 15 members at each weekend and we're on Zoom. I wonder what you run with 22,000 people. Is it just a live broadcast and not real interaction between all the folks?

Happy to hear you're also keeping busy!

The founder of zoom is a big fan of the boss man so he found a way to make it happen for us. First ever zoom with 22k on it. Should be interesting!

Live broadcast WITH interaction... AND a bracelet that vibrates during certain moments, AND that app everyone is mentioning that the louder you are, the louder it gets in the room.

Excited for our first run at an "immersion" virtual event for 4 days.

Thanks for asking buddy

Mentally 6/10

Emotionally 6/10

Not burnt out.

Got more time than ever at the moment just working on a project at the moment all day everyday. Not much else to do!

Concerned about my job security as I'm sure alot are right now and I'm torn between focusing on getting another job or focusing on working on self funded income sources.

At the moment self funded is winning the mental battle.

How are you going with all of it?

Tim.

I've seen two sides: either people struggling, closing stores, laying people off (but I'm seeing a pattern -- which is they were struggling BEFORE corona) ... and then the other side of people just rocketing up right now. Hiring more than ever, building, growing.

Lots of sales companies of course. Real estate market is BOOMING. Interest rates are so low. And a single real estate transaction affects 28 other people. So that's a lot of businesses growing right now.

I was focused on building up my IT skills to get into IT. The plan was to expose myself to the industry and find opportunities where I can contribute as an entrepreneur.

Then the pandemic happens. Good game. I'm re-enrolled into graduate school to finish off my nurse practitioner course work and go into public health to help crush the pandemic and future pandemics all while helping patients on hospice be comfortable with their loved ones in this trying time.

I hope you and everyone else have been well. Stay safe.

More power to you! I'm sure health will be top of mind for everyone for a long time.

Steve, thanks for asking. I’m new to the site. My world changed when I read Fastlane Millionaire. Now reading Unscripted . And I thought I knew business. Ha! Only two other books that had a similar impact “Think and Grow Rich” and the “Slight Edge.” My action step now is a renewed focus on buildIng my online hiring tools biz which the pandemic eviscerated. Add in a cancer diagnosis 3 years ago and last week a blood infection, otherwise I’m doing OK. I’ve uncovered my purpose, changed my attitude and outlook. My daily focus is on building my biz, failing, learning and providing value. Difficult yes; impossible No. My belief: As long as you are on your “Goal Path” you are doing ok.

Super cool to have you around, man.

I remember that excitement of reading the Fastlane for the first time. Eye-opener.

And to be honest, it's not even as difficult as you think. We make it way harder than it needs to be. Sell a product or service. Rinse and repeat.

Sure you can get better at it, more detailed, more advanced... but look at some of these billion dollar companies. They just sell stuff! Got introduced briefly to Sara Blakely a couple months ago. Super awesome chick. She just sells spanx and came up with a few other products and sells those.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@Kung Fu Steve ... Thanks for asking ! And thank you for the free 8 wk course. It was good added value for me. I TORE apart Tony's 2 books 3 yrs ago while rehabbing from knee surgery. You probably don't remember, but you sent me some audios and I ripped them apart. Over and over and over I listened and practiced. Changed my life bro ! Seriously thank you.

Great year this year ! Moved to Sedona, AZ. This was a big goal. Just decided to lease a commercial space here for a tourist related biz. Yep....right in the middle of COVID. Thing is....a lot of properties / businesses are on Sale right now. Looking 1-3 yrs ahead so I feel this is a good move. It's not a fastlane biz, but it will be damn good.

I'm following up with a physical product I started a few years ago but quit because I got discouraged. Now I have a new market to focus on and it should be really good.

Also, I've been fortunate to network with some amazing people both online and off. I have a meeting with a couple this week that own the apartment complex we live in. Looking forward to seeing their house in the most exclusive part of town. Brain pickin' time ! They're also super nice.

The Stay-at-home was great. (still mostly staying at home).
Books: The Innovator's Spirit
The Urban Monk
The Four Agreements
Quantum Memory
Lifespan
Shoe Dog
The Birth of a Brand - Ugg Shoes
Peak Performance
There are more....but these were great.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Thanks for asking.
Hope you are fine yourself.

Life s fine.
The Covid shit is everywhere. In Germany health service is so well built, that the resources are sufficient. Absolutely no problem.

Stay at home : I had no stay athome.

Work:

- Job is booming. I wanted do reduces a bit, but no chance, its booming well for me.

-entrepreneurship : I m slowly working on it. I make myself less pressure here. So its better than before.

Some things I wanted to do, i moved to later; that is good.

all in all I don’t recognize a big difference. Butsome friends have definitely problems with their businesses.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

Fine

Definitely the best year in my life in performance (I haven't lived many lol).

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
@Kung Fu Steve ... Thanks for asking ! And thank you for the free 8 wk course. It was good added value for me. I TORE apart Tony's 2 books 3 yrs ago while rehabbing from knee surgery. You probably don't remember, but you sent me some audios and I ripped them apart. Over and over and over I listened and practiced. Changed my life bro ! Seriously thank you.

Great year this year ! Moved to Sedona, AZ. This was a big goal. Just decided to lease a commercial space here for a tourist related biz. Yep....right in the middle of COVID. Thing is....a lot of properties / businesses are on Sale right now. Looking 1-3 yrs ahead so I feel this is a good move. It's not a fastlane biz, but it will be damn good.

I'm following up with a physical product I started a few years ago but quit because I got discouraged. Now I have a new market to focus on and it should be really good.

Also, I've been fortunate to network with some amazing people both online and off. I have a meeting with a couple this week that own the apartment complex we live in. Looking forward to seeing their house in the most exclusive part of town. Brain pickin' time ! They're also super nice.

The Stay-at-home was great. (still mostly staying at home).
Books: The Innovator's Spirit
The Urban Monk
The Four Agreements
Quantum Memory
Lifespan
Shoe Dog
The Birth of a Brand - Ugg Shoes
Peak Performance
There are more....but these were great.

You've had that goal for years. I'm glad you finally stepped up and made it happen!

I was super happy to see you in the coaching group. We're starting up again in another week so I hope round two is even better :smile2:

Thanks for asking.
Hope you are fine yourself.

Life s fine.
The Covid shit is everywhere. In Germany health service is so well built, that the resources are sufficient. Absolutely no problem.

Stay at home : I had no stay athome.

Work:

- Job is booming. I wanted do reduces a bit, but no chance, its booming well for me.

-entrepreneurship : I m slowly working on it. I make myself less pressure here. So its better than before.

Some things I wanted to do, i moved to later; that is good.

all in all I don’t recognize a big difference. Butsome friends have definitely problems with their businesses.

I'm seeing a lot of people's careers taking off right now. It just blows my mind. Either "end of the world, everyone is going to be unemployed" or "we can't keep up with demand"

What's the work you do?

Keep at it. Control and freedom are great feelings.

Fine

Definitely the best year in my life in performance (I haven't lived many lol).

Well hey, as long as it keeps getting better!

And congrats -- most people never make their first dollar. You've made several! Keep it up!

Dipped at first, then recovered, now growing & surpassed self in every area.

Learned a lot of personal lessons in the process, and they've stuck this time.

You've had quite the journey the last couple years.

I'm super happy for you and I'm always rooting from afar!

I'll give you advice you didn't ask for: remember, rarely is change permanent. It's about conditioning. Even grand pianos need to be tuned twice a year to restretch the wires back where they need to be.

You don't go to the gym once and are fit for life. Shit happens!

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK

I'm a pretty positive person, but I have to admit this might be my worst year ever. I feel stuck physically and mentally.

My Father and I have been unable to get back to my home in Hong Kong since January. I've not seen my Mother, Brother and any friends since then.

I've been stuck for over 5 months in a relative's house in Goa. India banned all international flights here since March, and HK hasn't done much at all to take us back .

I haven't been able to go racing and pursue my career in motorsports at all this year, as I can't travel. It could be a few weeks or months before I can do so. I have no idea, because coronavirus cases are rising sharply here. Gyms are also closed here, which is another aspect of my life I miss a lot.

I've used this lockdown to become conversationally fluent in Portuguese because I will move to Portugal. I'm learning new web programming technologies and am working to create an online business. I really want to start making an income online, because I know I'm just stuck here temporarily.

TLDR: I'm improving various aspects of my life. But mentally and emotionally I'm really down, as I'm stuck away from my home in HK due to a constantly prolonged travel ban in India.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm a pretty positive person, but I have to admit this might be my worst year ever. I feel stuck physically and mentally.

My Father and I have been unable to get back to my home in Hong Kong since January. I've not seen my Mother, Brother and any friends since then.

I've been stuck for over 5 months in a relative's house in Goa. India banned all international flights here since March, and HK hasn't done much at all to take us back .

I haven't been able to go racing and pursue my career in motorsports at all this year, as I can't travel. It could be a few weeks or months before I can do so. I have no idea, because coronavirus cases are rising sharply here. Gyms are also closed here, which is another aspect of my life I miss a lot.

I've used this lockdown to become conversationally fluent in Portuguese because I will move to Portugal. I'm learning new web programming technologies and am working to create an online business. I really want to start making an income online, because I know I'm just stuck here temporarily.

TLDR: I'm improving various aspects of my life. But mentally and emotionally I'm really down, as I'm stuck away from my home in HK due to a constantly prolonged travel ban in India.

I had a teammate of mine who was with me traveling in the U.S. and got stuck here while his pregnant wife gave birth in South Africa. He wasn't allowed to go for the last couple of months -- he was finally allowed to fly back to meet his son for the first time this week.

This, too, shall pass.

Here's some advice you didn't ask for: the most important day of your life is when you decide that your worst day was actually your best day.

It led you to incredible opportunities, adventures, new friends, family, and things you would have never done had that thing never happen.

I was homeless before joining this forum. I thought at that time I was an idiot, worthless, etc. etc... but yet today I look back on those days and say they were probably the most important days of my life -- they made me the man I am today. I am so grateful for that experience and while I wouldn't want to relive it -- I wouldn't trade those days for anything now.

You know that old saying, "someday we'll look back and laugh" ?

Why wait?

What's great about your current situation? What have you learned or done you wouldn't have otherwise? What experiences and conversations have you had with your father you might have never been able to have? How has your bond deepened?

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Here's some advice you didn't ask for: the most important day of your life is when you decide that your worst day was actually your best day.

It led you to incredible opportunities, adventures, new friends, family, and things you would have never done had that thing never happen.

I was homeless before joining this forum. I thought at that time I was an idiot, worthless, etc. etc... but yet today I look back on those days and say they were probably the most important days of my life -- they made me the man I am today. I am so grateful for that experience and while I wouldn't want to relive it -- I wouldn't trade those days for anything now.

You know that old saying, "someday we'll look back and laugh" ?

Thanks for this advice Stephen! I remember listening to you and Dave speaking about this in the Mind Your Business Radio Show. I can't believe I already forgot about this statement you made about deciding to turn your worst day into your best. Well more like my "worst period" into my best period.

Why wait?

What's great about your current situation? What have you learned or done you wouldn't have otherwise? What experiences and conversations have you had with your father you might have never been able to have? How has your bond deepened?

I have many things to be grateful for here like a loving family and dogs. We have a fairly big house with a garden here. My Dad and I have built stuff and done a lot of home improvement work. I don't have to travel to be anywhere these days, so I've ended up learning lots of new skills. I really want to look back soon, and feel like this period was really important and defining in my life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.