The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It just doesn't feel the same anymore

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I remember why I started looking into business, I was traveling around living an independent lifestyle and I knew it would come to an end if I didn't have business ability to keep me afloat. To me back then the only way to succeed was to become a billionaire overnight, and I figured I'd work at it until that overnight success came. But over the years the PROBLEM ITSELF HAS CHANGED, I no longer actually even need to improve to have a totally comfortable life and to utilise all my time to my own whims.

I'm here in my house, knowing I only need to work a few hours here and there, like tiny bread crumbs, and I'm fine. And that revelation feels so different than I thought it would. In the past I thought I'd one day be an overnight success, but instead it is like my boat drifted into port, and I calmly step off and walk around without need for fear or stress. And THAT is the most SHOCKING thing to me. That I don't even need to try anymore. That problem is just... gone. That stupid infuriating, and totally unfair thing, is just not there.

I'll watch something on the news about how everyone's got it hard and I'll be like "oh I totally get that", but I'll look down at myself and go "well aren't you a strange one". And I wonder if half of it isn't all in our heads. Like some people are closer to where I am at than they even know, but the insecurity and fear still holds them so tightly they won't ever see it. They will try to be bigger louder, play meaner, but just one little course correction and they don't have to play that game anymore. They can side step it, get out, use their time as they see fit, answer to nobody, say "f*ck you" to anybody asking for things from them. Yet they still fight.

So I sit here thinking, "yeah ok, I'm not going to stop business BUT IT HAS TOTALLY CHANGED"
And I'm having to reassess what it's purpose even is. Cuz I certainly don't need anyone's approval or pats on the back, or ego, or money to hold over people. And I guess, my outlook is like Elon musk, just a much smaller version of it "what are you going to do for the world". And it isn't just words, like "oh, but my business is good for the world so I deserve money" it is just literally what the words say.

But here is the thing, I didn't get into business to change the world, I did it to remain a playboy kinda. And now NOTHING IS THE SAME ANYMORE. I've changed, the problems have changed, the pressure has changed. And I'm left on the other side of a raging river on a calm shoreline, thinking WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT.

Like what the heck just happened?

I just stepped from totally unfair bs land, into normal. And I see most people motivated by BS land, when the fight is already done, they've already won, but they just can't see it in their own mind. And it got me thinking, maybe this is part of evolution, that we are paranoid because it keeps us forming societies and societal functions, not actually cuz we are so close to ruin.

You know what though... I'm so darn happy. Deep deep down inside. And I'm so darn grateful to be free of so much of it. Part of the answer for many is half mental, for others, getting enough momentum to get them over the line... But I think when all is said and done, in order to be a functioning society we cannot solve that until we are willing to be responsible to our fellow people and to our societies. And only by being thusly responsible do we earn our release from the carnival of hatred and BS.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there is more to this than just money to survive and being a cog in the machine. Cuz if I can step outside this non-sense and walk on a calm shore, I'm certain the problems are not as concrete as I thought. And now I have to rethink EVERYTHING.

All those drivers I had, all the thoughts I held, they just don't EXIST anymore.
Everything has changed. And now my view on business and why I'm here has to change too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Is it about what you’re doing, or is it about who you’re being?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think I'm in the same place. I don't think it has anything to do with how much money is your pocket, or where you're at in life. I think it is the mindset, awareness, and already gone through the emotional and mental process. I believe it is how much you've dug in the depths of your subconscious mind, faced your fears, and no longer conditioned by society, culture, and family. Perhaps our age group as well entering the next phase of our life. What we focused on before, how we perceived the world, and how we maneuvered way through it, is quite different. And I agree the Business world is a whole different ball game.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
I remember why I started looking into business, I was traveling around living an independent lifestyle and I knew it would come to an end if I didn't have business ability to keep me afloat. To me back then the only way to succeed was to become a billionaire overnight, and I figured I'd work at it until that overnight success came. But over the years the PROBLEM ITSELF HAS CHANGED, I no longer actually even need to improve to have a totally comfortable life and to utilise all my time to my own whims.

I'm here in my house, knowing I only need to work a few hours here and there, like tiny bread crumbs, and I'm fine. And that revelation feels so different than I thought it would. In the past I thought I'd one day be an overnight success, but instead it is like my boat drifted into port, and I calmly step off and walk around without need for fear or stress. And THAT is the most SHOCKING thing to me. That I don't even need to try anymore. That problem is just... gone. That stupid infuriating, and totally unfair thing, is just not there.

I'll watch something on the news about how everyone's got it hard and I'll be like "oh I totally get that", but I'll look down at myself and go "well aren't you a strange one". And I wonder if half of it isn't all in our heads. Like some people are closer to where I am at than they even know, but the insecurity and fear still holds them so tightly they won't ever see it. They will try to be bigger louder, play meaner, but just one little course correction and they don't have to play that game anymore. They can side step it, get out, use their time as they see fit, answer to nobody, say "f*ck you" to anybody asking for things from them. Yet they still fight.

So I sit here thinking, "yeah ok, I'm not going to stop business BUT IT HAS TOTALLY CHANGED"
And I'm having to reassess what it's purpose even is. Cuz I certainly don't need anyone's approval or pats on the back, or ego, or money to hold over people. And I guess, my outlook is like Elon musk, just a much smaller version of it "what are you going to do for the world". And it isn't just words, like "oh, but my business is good for the world so I deserve money" it is just literally what the words say.

But here is the thing, I didn't get into business to change the world, I did it to remain a playboy kinda. And now NOTHING IS THE SAME ANYMORE. I've changed, the problems have changed, the pressure has changed. And I'm left on the other side of a raging river on a calm shoreline, thinking WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT.

Like what the heck just happened?

I just stepped from totally unfair bs land, into normal. And I see most people motivated by BS land, when the fight is already done, they've already won, but they just can't see it in their own mind. And it got me thinking, maybe this is part of evolution, that we are paranoid because it keeps us forming societies and societal functions, not actually cuz we are so close to ruin.

You know what though... I'm so darn happy. Deep deep down inside. And I'm so darn grateful to be free of so much of it. Part of the answer for many is half mental, for others, getting enough momentum to get them over the line... But I think when all is said and done, in order to be a functioning society we cannot solve that until we are willing to be responsible to our fellow people and to our societies. And only by being thusly responsible do we earn our release from the carnival of hatred and BS.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like there is more to this than just money to survive and being a cog in the machine. Cuz if I can step outside this non-sense and walk on a calm shore, I'm certain the problems are not as concrete as I thought. And now I have to rethink EVERYTHING.

All those drivers I had, all the thoughts I held, they just don't EXIST anymore.
Everything has changed. And now my view on business and why I'm here has to change too.

take this as a time to refresh, it's alright to not have the pressing burdens on you constantly, reflect on what you're truly here for, what would you be doing if no money was involved

Beatingtheodds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 24, 2017
England
@RogueInnovation while I’m still slowlane, for me something similar happened but when I had a pay rise so I’ll give you my opinion. Again I’m not an expert.

For me, I had to realise that the goal should never be money but what you do with it. E.g. money for money sake means nothing in my opinion although I’m still chasing 8/9 figures dreams. Tom Bilyeu from inside quest often talks about the concept of figuring out what you’d do if you had all the money, and accolades you want.. What would you chase. I realised that although I was earning morning than in college, high school .. it still wasn’t enough . Empty feeling we all have from time to time ( or maybe it’s indigestion) . I’m not a self help guru , just a regular dude but to me I’m guessing a new project and maybe an opportunity for some growth may help.

Jim Rohn said something like life has seasons and maybe this is just your winter. My $0.02.

Check out some of impact theory stuff on YouTube or the God father Jim Rohn. Even the successful have coaches.

Stay winning dude !

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
@RogueInnovation while I’m still slowlane, for me something similar happened but when I had a pay rise so I’ll give you my opinion. Again I’m not an expert.

For me, I had to realise that the goal should never be money but what you do with it. E.g. money for money sake means nothing in my opinion although I’m still chasing 8/9 figures dreams. Tom Bilyeu from inside quest often talks about the concept of figuring out what you’d do if you had all the money, and accolades you want.. What would you chase. I realised that although I was earning morning than in college, high school .. it still wasn’t enough . Empty feeling we all have from time to time ( or maybe it’s indigestion) . I’m not a self help guru , just a regular dude but to me I’m guessing a new project and maybe an opportunity for some growth may help.

Jim Rohn said something like life has seasons and maybe this is just your winter. My $0.02.

Check out some of impact theory stuff on YouTube or the God father Jim Rohn. Even the successful have coaches.

Stay winning dude !

Yeah, maybe it is like with girls
You do it at first to not be a virgin and you are a total moron about everything
But then as you succeed you think about WHY and DEVELOP those reasons as much as technical skill if not moreso

For every action needs an equal and opposite reason for the action

I'm just finding out my reasons finally expended all their force and power getting me to where I am now. So I guess now it is about a deeper reasoning and less of a "I'm forced to do this" kind of thinking. Maybe the goal should be pleasure? Or decency to others? Or responsibility, or a complex weave of many of those ideas.

Maybe about expression, or communicating something. Though I must admit I feel deeply deeply sad for all people who struggle. It feels very painful to just take up that path while they "grin and bear it". Poor people, poor everyone, it sucks.
So for that reason I don't think I could stomach saying "oh its communication and expression!" without knowing I'm a douche.

Btw, I value that you are just a normal dude, its a good insight to say that a pay raise worked in a similar way and you had to rethink a bit. There are certainly many similarities. I mean, in the past, pay raises for me made me angry cuz I was like "so now I just have more money but I didn't solve anything, arrr!" and that anger made me try to balance it out somehow, and my ideas of spending it better sort of felt hollow. However, in this situation, it is like those negatives are gone and I'm just a more calm guy who feels there is more wealth and that I need to think about how to streamline my actions and create a better "life vehicle".

Hmmm, maybe thats the point of it
Your life vehicle
At the end of the day its just a car or whatever, but it doesn't have to be JUST a car. Maybe there are VALID IMPROVEMENTS that will help me PERFORM BETTER and bring about more practical worth?

And why do I want to do that... maybe because, business doesn't belong to anyone.
And because I can make it my own. And by making it entirely my own, find ways to take business and use it for the causes I think matter.

What do I think matters?
Everyone's shit position and feeling, yeah of course.
But its gotta be CORRECT, can't be like handouts to hobos.
I mean there has gotta be ways to work with people to create better stuff.

I really don't want to do that immediately though, I'd rather just think on it for now and I guess find my real reasons. I don't think anything we do in business will come easily, so therefor it is doubly important to have the right kind of conviction.

Thanks

I guess my takeaway is
Don't do anything without a reason anymore
Have intent

Beatingtheodds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 24, 2017
England
Yeah, maybe it is like with girls
You do it at first to not be a virgin and you are a total moron about everything
But then as you succeed you think about WHY and DEVELOP those reasons as much as technical skill if not moreso

For every action needs an equal and opposite reason for the action

I'm just finding out my reasons finally expended all their force and power getting me to where I am now. So I guess now it is about a deeper reasoning and less of a "I'm forced to do this" kind of thinking. Maybe the goal should be pleasure? Or decency to others? Or responsibility, or a complex weave of many of those ideas.

Maybe about expression, or communicating something. Though I must admit I feel deeply deeply sad for all people who struggle. It feels very painful to just take up that path while they "grin and bear it". Poor people, poor everyone, it sucks.
So for that reason I don't think I could stomach saying "oh its communication and expression!" without knowing I'm a douche.

Btw, I value that you are just a normal dude, its a good insight to say that a pay raise worked in a similar way and you had to rethink a bit. There are certainly many similarities. I mean, in the past, pay raises for me made me angry cuz I was like "so now I just have more money but I didn't solve anything, arrr!" and that anger made me try to balance it out somehow, and my ideas of spending it better sort of felt hollow. However, in this situation, it is like those negatives are gone and I'm just a more calm guy who feels there is more wealth and that I need to think about how to streamline my actions and create a better "life vehicle".

Hmmm, maybe thats the point of it
Your life vehicle
At the end of the day its just a car or whatever, but it doesn't have to be JUST a car. Maybe there are VALID IMPROVEMENTS that will help me PERFORM BETTER and bring about more practical worth?

And why do I want to do that... maybe because, business doesn't belong to anyone.
And because I can make it my own. And by making it entirely my own, find ways to take business and use it for the causes I think matter.

What do I think matters?
Everyone's shit position and feeling, yeah of course.
But its gotta be CORRECT, can't be like handouts to hobos.
I mean there has gotta be ways to work with people to create better stuff.

I really don't want to do that immediately though, I'd rather just think on it for now and I guess find my real reasons. I don't think anything we do in business will come easily, so therefor it is doubly important to have the right kind of conviction.

Thanks

I guess my takeaway is
Don't do anything without a reason anymore
Have intent

I’m really glad you’re finding clarity and sense in chaos. Keep going & good luck bro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.