The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is your startup worth $500 Millions?

Anything related to matters of the mind

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just read the news that Google is trying to buy Yelp for $500M.

Google said talking buyout with Yelp | Digital Media - CNET News

This is a huge encouragement to me. It's not about the money. It's about creating something unique, meaningful and useful. So it creates a threat and demand. At the end, it pays off.

What about Zappos? Facebook?

All these successful Intenret businesses have one thing in common.

User engagement!

So if you have an online business, you need to put user engagement as your top priority. Without the user base, you can't create the demand. That's where I will be focusing on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
What do you mean by Zappos? I can see how facebook has users that add content, but since zappos sells shoes and other items I don't see how the users add to the site. Is there a part of the site I don't know about?

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
What do you mean by Zappos? I can see how facebook has users that add content, but since zappos sells shoes and other items I don't see how the users add to the site. Is there a part of the site I don't know about?

Who's buying shoes and helping Zappos go viral?

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Zappos' CEO Tony spend tons of time on Twitter to engage with their customers. Their warehouse guy, CFO are all doing the similar thing to reach out to the public. That has brought Zappos lots attention.

My point is that a successful business needs to engage with their customers and public. More people you engage with, more potential you will get.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.