The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this a good idea II?

Idea threads

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
I've been brainstorming ideas to get started on the Fastlane track after reading various posts on the website.

I was hoping for some feedback.

Here goes...
Idea: a rental system that focuses on kitchen appliances. Specifically immersion circulators. (I bought my own and have been using it for the past few months. It is a product I've had in front of me, so I'm not just pulling this idea out of thin air).

How (I think) it adds value: The circulators cost $100 - $200 to buy. Most people don't use it more than a few times before it's stored away and forgotten about. (My target market would be young ladies who enjoy dabbling with cooking. Think trendy New York hipster)

If instead, they rented it for the times they do use it (sort of like a Turo/Airbnb for kitchen appliances) and paid a small fee (~$10/month) that would be the value add. They save money but also get access to a restaurant-quality cooking method only when they need it.

How it would work: A rental website. I've seen similar ones for gaming consoles so I would base it on that.

CENTS framework:
Control: I'd own all the equipment.
Entry: Reasonable amount of know-how is needed for execution, which eliminates 90% of people.
Need: I've seen multiple channels on Youtube, that have 100K+ views. People are at least interested in this equipment though. For many, the price might be the biggest hurdle.
Time: a rental system, which is excellent.
Scale: I have a goal of renting out 20K units a month. I think it is reachable.

I've just outlined the bare-bones idea here. I would refine it as I go along. I just wanted some feedback and possibly some veterans to poke some holes through my logic and challenge my thinking.

Thanks again!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RedCloud

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 18, 2022
UK
I agree with what ChatGPT came up with... (inspired by the recent thread on ChatGPT)

1671225004204.png

It also seems that you have done your surface level research required. The next step, which is the difficult bit, is the testing/execution. You need to get out there and actually test the idea. Here is a great thread to guide you on how to do that.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
I agree with what ChatGPT came up with... (inspired by the recent thread on ChatGPT)

View attachment 46437

It also seems that you have done your surface level research required. The next step, which is the difficult bit, is the testing/execution. You need to get out there and actually test the idea. Here is a great thread to guide you on how to do that.
Thanks. ChatGPT is groundbreaking technology! Thanks for putting it on my radar.

I agree with the testing. I'm going ahead with it. The plan is to start with 5 and see if the market responds. Worse case I lose a few hundred dollars. Time and results will tell if it's a solid idea.

Palcin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 13, 2022
Thanks. ChatGPT is groundbreaking technology! Thanks for putting it on my radar.

I agree with the testing. I'm going ahead with it. The plan is to start with 5 and see if the market responds. Worse case I lose a few hundred dollars. Time and results will tell if it's a solid idea.
I would really like a follow up on your story when you will have the time.

Thank you :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 21, 2017
Edmond, Oklahoma
I would really like a follow up on your story when you will have the time.

Thank you :)
I'm currently working on a rental website design. Once that's done I'm going to launch some social media ads and judge how much traffic comes to my website and if any rentals are placed.

If it's a decent amount, the idea is valid and I can move to the next step.
I have a source of immersion circulators at a relatively cheap price. If I fulfill my first order I'll officially be a business. But only if...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.