tomas_whiteley
PARKED
Hi everyone! I have recently started freelancing web design part time during my university studies. As it stands, I am currently trying to gain some experience building websites using CSS/HTML and Bootstrap, and I have been doing so by building out some designs for small businesses near me.
The answer to this question is one I haven't been able to find. When I offer my final freelancing designs to a business, I am planning on doing so by giving them access to a private Github repository with all the html/css/pictures that they need to implement my design. However, I am a little concerned that a business may expect me to host it for them and hook it up to a current/new domain. Should this responsibility be a part of my services? as I do not know much about hosting platforms (I have only been using Github Pages) and I am afraid that not doing so may put off some clients if they do not know how to implement my designs into their current or a non-existing hosting platform.
The answer to this question is one I haven't been able to find. When I offer my final freelancing designs to a business, I am planning on doing so by giving them access to a private Github repository with all the html/css/pictures that they need to implement my design. However, I am a little concerned that a business may expect me to host it for them and hook it up to a current/new domain. Should this responsibility be a part of my services? as I do not know much about hosting platforms (I have only been using Github Pages) and I am afraid that not doing so may put off some clients if they do not know how to implement my designs into their current or a non-existing hosting platform.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
