The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the Fastlane for "young guys" only?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Crumbs2Bricks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Aug 29, 2012
I invited my buddy over and we listened to the FLM audio and had a brief discussion about a few things. We are the same age but he feels it's a young guys thing. I told him the beauty of us having age is we have lots of contacts and experience, something we did not have in our teens and 20's.

do you think 39 is to old to get in the fastlane? Did we get a late start?
Although we both have good careers we're looking to "get out" and attain wealth and freedom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlasdairM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 20, 2012
No age is too late if you have the right attitude. How old was Colonel Sanders when he started KFC? In his 70s I believe.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
I invited my buddy over and we listened to the FLM audio and had a brief discussion about a few things. We are the same age but he feels it's a young guys thing. I told him the beauty of us having age is we have lots of contacts and experience, something we did not have in our teens and 20's.

Although we both have good careers we're looking to "get out" and attain wealth and freedom.
It's never to old to start. Especially when it's about rapidly reaching your goals of wealth and freedom.

What you'll notice about a lot of us youngster's here is that we openly admit to how naive, inexperienced, and empty we are when it comes to a lot of stuff! That's exactly why were here! To ask questions, learn, and bond in a motivational community of like minded people.

I am sure you have great deals of experience and knowledge when it comes to your industry, which will come in great handy when you get your track started!

:thumbsup:

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
I think you probably know its not and maybe your friend does too, but is subconsiouly putting up barriers.

What doesn't help is being a start up entreprenuer can often be seen as a young persons game because less % of people in their 40s and 50s will be visibly seeming to be doing it
One thing though- you obviously have to adapt advice and so forth to your situation. People at different ages will often have different circumstances-advantages and disadvantages.
I know of someone who didn't start until their mid 40s and now in their 60s are very very well off. They would of not been able to do what they did in their 20s without the experience, contacts etc they'd gotten over their working life.

The question is where do you want to be when you're 45, 50 and 60?

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
Obv you are not to old. :D
BTW your are 100% right that your contacts and experience are and advantage over young people like me.
Also remember that the fastlane can be reached in 5-10 years if you are really committed to it. Obv there are people who even reach it faster but it shouldn't take you longer if you use the CENTS rules that MJ teaches.
So if 44-49 is to old to become a millionaire and be financial independent for the rest of you life than you are to old. ;)
Imo there is no "to old" for anything in life... you only have this one life so it's never to late for anything if you really want... atleast that is my believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

You are 5 years younger Than when I started my fat lane business with $150. 4 years later I was retired and still making more money per day than I used to make in 2 weeks working 2 jobs.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think a lot of people confuse "too old" and "wishing it were already done". I know I'm guilty of this depending on my mood.

I'll wake up some days, back aching, morning alarm still buzzing in my head, I shower, shave and look into the mirror to see budding gray hair as I approach 30 at alarming speeds. I'll catch myself saying "F*ck, I wish I started years ago so I could be free now".

It's just event-based thinking creeping in during moments of weakness. It's not about age - it's about wishing you were already there. It's a mental circle jerk to bitch about not wanting to get down to business today. There's plenty of time ahead of us - we just fear that it's paved with work and wished some younger version of ourselves figured it out for us and handed it to us today.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Hey crumbs someone once told me "it's about the journey not the destination". Business is tough but if you really want to do it... the challenges give you a feeling when you wake up every morning that can not replicate with anything else in this universe.

Its your life, your decisions, if you want it live it with no regrets whether you "succeed" or "fail"... boy i use those terms loosely.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
do you think 39 is to old to get in the fastlane?

Yea, it's too old for your buddy.

The game is mostly played in your head - he's already lost.

But it's NOT too old for you.

Leoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2012
Los Angeles/Tokyo
"In fact, the median age of first-time entrepreneurs is 43, according to the Kauffman Foundation. Even in the tech world, the average age of entrepreneurs is 39, which sounds almost ancient compared to college dropouts like Zuckerberg, Gates and Michael Dell."

Wow, thanks for this statistic! Makes me feel young at 37.

In all reality, I personally was so green when I was in my 20s (and even early 30s) that I definitely would not have been ready to handle entrepreneurship. I wouldn't even have been able to do something as simple as properly review a contract.

I know there are younger guys out there that are totally capable of it, and I admire them. But for me personally, entrepreneurship only became feasible in my mid-30s.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
You are 5 years younger Than when I started my fat lane business with $150. 4 years later I was retired and still making more money per day than I used to make in 2 weeks working 2 jobs.

Forget having a fastlane business, I need to learn about this fatlane business stuff instead!
Being more serious, it's really motivating to read things like this!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
do you think 39 is to old to get in the fastlane? Did we get a late start?[/B] Although we both have good careers we're looking to "get out" and attain wealth and freedom.

Yeah, because by the time you've made a million dollars, you will be like 43... Might as well check into an old folks home at that point.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Sorry the age limit has expired. You better make sure you are the minimum height requirement as well to ride the Fastlane. :eusa_naughty: Don't you dare enter the Fastlane lest you be arrested by the fastlane police.

JK

Seriously all of these non-sense rules are just cognitive distortions in your head. Who says you have to be young to start a business? Seriously says who?

Seriously this is like me saying is my T-shirt too black to be on the Fastlane? Or is my foot too big to be on the Fastlane? Am I too funny to be on the Fastlane? :cuss:

I would argue that you are actually at an ADVANTAGE. You have a more adequate idea about how life works and what people want or don't want. More wisdom! :thumbsup:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Young people have the advantage of idealism. Older people have the advantage of experience.

Use what you got.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
You are 5 years younger Than when I started my fat lane business with $150. 4 years later I was retired and still making more money per day than I used to make in 2 weeks working 2 jobs

Man, I LOVE this!!!

Crumbs2Bricks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Aug 29, 2012
It's never to old to start. Especially when it's about rapidly reaching your goals of wealth and freedom.

What you'll notice about a lot of us youngster's here is that we openly admit to how naive, inexperienced, and empty we are when it comes to a lot of stuff! That's exactly why were here! To ask questions, learn, and bond in a motivational community of like minded people.

I am sure you have great deals of experience and knowledge when it comes to your industry, which will come in great handy when you get your track started!

:thumbsup:

Great answer. I like this. It shows your level of maturity and honesty. It'll serve you well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.