The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it time to fire my customer?

Anything related to matters of the mind

tormat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 28, 2012
US
I have a consulting business, it is not fast lane design yet, but it is the funding source that pays for all my other ideas.

The trouble I have is if I should fire them. They are a pain in the butt! They don’t take as much time as they could, but they also hired off my contract employee to cut their costs.

I have lost a lot of motivation in that business because of that mistake. I started a new contract with them till the end of May, but I am looking for a way to fire them. Anyone have any suggestions?

My other business is still an infant and I need the capital to get it off the ground.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenryDicks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 19, 2011
That's a little low on info.

What exactly is your client doing that you don't like? Have you been vocal about this?
What's your average client worth to you? Is your problematic client above or below that point?
How do you acquire new business? If you'd tell your client to take a hike, would you be able to fill the gap quickly? Would you have to?

Either way, the typical solution usually involves pre-selective marketing/selling so you only close the kind of person that suits you. For instance, I'm a marketing consultant; I only approach people who are already paying for marketing. Sure, absolute amateurs might reap greater benefits but will argue about every dollar you want to spend on campaigns, so it's easier to just focus on those who are willing to pay to acquire customers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
They don’t take as much time as they could, but they also hired off my contract employee to cut their costs.

??

but I am looking for a way to fire them.

Look at the contract.

Any time trade not worth your time is not worth the investment, unless it's a "means to an end" -- like paying rent and bills. Sometimes the selling of time is required to get the ball rolling.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Please read Built To Sell by John Warrillow. The book is only about 150 pages but gives an account of a guy that owns a marketing company he eventually wants to sell. His largest client is a bank that literally gives his company their asses to kiss on a regular basis.

Read the book to find out what his mentor advises him to do to turn his business around. Awesome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tormat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 28, 2012
US
Thanks Yussef, I will check the library after work to see if i can read it tonight.

The stress this client gives me out weighs the cash at this point in time (seeing that I had a prepayed contact with them and tehy termanated it and i still had to work for them for months)

It is just personal, if I could get back to not dealing with them and letting a sub deal with them it would be fine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.