The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it Still Possible to Become An Amazon FBA and Ebay Millionare

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
Is it still possible to become an Amazon FBA and Ebay Power Seller? What type of investment do you need? Any coaches, books, websites, training videos, tools, to research and study? Anyone currently making a good living from Amazon and Ebay?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
I have no idea to the answer of if it's still possible to become successful on Amazon or eBay, but I suspect with enough hustle the answer is yes.

As for where to learn, I'd recommend having a look at some of the e-commerce threads on this forum, especially those marked Gold or Notable.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Why wouldn't it be?
Be better than everybody else and you're there.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
There is money in almost anything if you are solving a problem for someone meeting a want/need.

Focus on the value you can bring to others, and the money WILL flow the other way.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Learn some copywriting and marketing as a start. This will aid you in every entrepreneurial endeavor.
If you then would like to get into eCommerce you can read the gold threads here. I would also suggest try freelancing the copywriting/marketing/branding skills you pick up for extra cash. But not only that, you will get a huge amount of insights about markets, various strategies and channels.

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
Learn some copywriting and marketing as a start. This will aid you in every entrepreneurial endeavor.
If you then would like to get into eCommerce you can read the gold threads here. I would also suggest try freelancing the copywriting/marketing/branding skills you pick up for extra cash. But not only that, you will get a huge amount of insights about markets, various strategies and channels.
How can I find legit wholesalers and distributors?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Based on how you ask your question: no.

You're focused on making money, just like a gazillion other sellers on Amazon.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Make an intro post. Read the gold threads. You’ll find the answer to your question and you’ll find out why no one will answer this question.

Welcome

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
Is it still possible to become an Amazon FBA and Ebay Power Seller? What type of investment do you need? Any coaches, books, websites, training videos, tools, to research and study? Anyone currently making a good living from Amazon and Ebay?

There is no bad thing in earning handsome money. But truth is only having goal to make certain money is difficult to attend and you will lose motivation soon.

In stead, think like how to have good living with ecommerce business where I can sell high quality useful product which can contribute in happiness n comfort of customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Yes, Amazon is allowing people to build a lot of wealth. eBay is tougher than it used to be. I had an eBay business about 15 years ago and while I didnt reach millionaire levels; I was supporting my entire family on 20 hours a week. Increases in fees, changes in policy, and decrease demand for my products ended up slowly killing it off. I didnt adapt fast enough.

As far as seeking wholesalers, you have reading to do. There are tons of books on this subject.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Hi Walter,
I was referring to the paid service. I didn't know you had done a free service.
We can chat sometime soon and thank you for all the free advice. If it wasn't for you I could have been severely ripped off but so far have had good experience importing. Thanks again.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Amazon and eBay are simply platforms to deliver your products. It used to be much easier because the platforms were less saturated, but your question essentially boils down to "are there still markets to solve problems for?"

Of course there are. You need to put your focus on finding a market and creating a solution for that market.

If you wish to get your start on Amazon (which IS a great way to start), then that means your solution needs to come in the form of a physical product. Thankfully, by doing it this way - you will also have a product that can be marketed on other platforms.

Amazon used to be more of a place where you could just look for gaps where already existing products are still needed to be filled in - and do that. No real market research or understanding who you are talking to... Over time, it is now more about either making improvements or going to the market for problems and coming up with best solutions first.

If you go about business with your current mindset, then you will basically just be a contractor to those platforms - fleshing them out and making them more diverse for users - instead of actually creating your own business centered around a particular market's pain points.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
How the hell can you be a member from 2012 and ask this question as your first post ever.

Go read the books.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
People have become very wealthy doing all kinds of random stuff. Mowing lawns, selling cheesecake, selling tacos, and so on.

I'm sure you can figure out how to make a million dollars on Amazon.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Walter,
I was referring to the paid service. I didn't know you had done a free service.
We can chat sometime soon and thank you for all the free advice. If it wasn't for you I could have been severely ripped off but so far have had good experience importing. Thanks again.
Thanks @Tommo. I posted that for the benefit of others. In fact the only reason I now charge for product sourcing is that I was becoming overwhelmed by the number of requests for help.

I am pleased to say that since setting up my Marketplace thread for the paid service the number of requests has dropped off, giving me time to be more helpful publicly.

There are quite a number of Fastlane members that I have helped through my paid service, but they seem to be ones who have done their own research and that shows that they are really serious about their ventures.

Walter

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am assuming you mean multimillionaire.

Possible? Yes, absolutely.

Likely? At this point it is one of the paths of MOST resistence.

What is a millionaire? We don't even have expensive real estate here, but that's a nice home... Nothing special.

So a millionaire is a nice home and no cash at all? Homeless with a $1,000,000 in the bank? Or 700k cash and a cheap home and no car? Or 500k cash and a decent car and home?

One million dollars is at the early stages of comfortable. Not rich.

Op the following isn't addressed to you... So many people talk about the stuff they are going to buy when they become a millionaire. I laugh because most of it will make them... Not a millionaire again. Like "well I'm a millionaire now so I get 6 lambos and a mansion in Beverley Hills." It doesn't work that way. Keep your heads in the game and make at least 5m before you start screwing around... Which is STILL less money than a mansion anywhere that matters.

Last edited:

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
Are there any other major selling platforms besides Ebay and Amazon? Has anyone else here had success using Walter's programs?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.