The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriting - Is it still possible?

Benjamin Cha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 10, 2019
United States
As I scrolled down my IG's news feed, I stumbled upon a video about copywriting from Jason Capital. And coincidentally, I stumbled across another video, but this time from Dan Lok.

Now, I've never been the guy who cared about money or finance, but these guys changed my life.

Jason Capital says email marketing is one of the best ways to make money online, and Dan Loks says copywriting is one of the many high-income skills you can learn.

Ever since then I've been digging into finance, and I eventually came across "The Millionaire Fastlane " (It's a real eye opener).

The thing is, where do I start? I've been looking around and researching more about copywriting online , but I've always been wondering. Is copywriting dead? Is it too late start? Or is it still thriving and continuing to grow?

Can you fill me in some details in that? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
As I scrolled down my IG's news feed, I stumbled upon a video about copywriting from Jason Capital. And coincidentally, I stumbled across another video, but this time from Dan Lok.

Now, I've never been the guy who cared about money or finance, but these guys changed my life.

Jason Capital says email marketing is one of the best ways to make money online, and Dan Loks says copywriting is one of the many high-income skills you can learn.

Ever since then I've been digging into finance, and I eventually came across "The Millionaire Fastlane " (It's a real eye opener).

The thing is, where do I start? I've been looking around and researching more about copywriting online , but I've always been wondering. Is copywriting dead? Is it too late start? Or is it still thriving and continuing to grow?

Can you fill me in some details in that? Thanks!

Copywriting and email marketing are both alive and well. Every business on the planet uses copywriting. It's not a "high-income skill" though. Nobody will hand you a huge payday for being a copywriter.

To see proof in action, search for the Gary Halbert thread around here.

Lots of people learned copywriting. Just as many never made a dime. It's because you don't make money for copywriting. You make money by selling results. If you want to be a high-pay copywriter...or web designer...or Social Media Marketer...or whatever...you have to learn the skill AND how to sell it.

See the GOLD threads in my signature for a place to start.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
What @Lex DeVille said...

There are thousands / millions of copywriters.

People don't want a copywriter either - they want:
  • Sales
  • Leads
  • Traffic
  • Etc
Copy is just one of the ways to help them achieve those things.

Shift your thinking from:

"how can I make money as a copywriter?"

to...

"how can I use copy to solve their problems?"

It's a small shift that makes a big difference.

Remember: the goal is to solve problems by using copy.

(If you want to be a copywriter)

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
We're less that a decade away from when machines will be able to write full pieces of copy. When that happens, $100 jobs for generic copy will pretty much vanish, and the only copy produced by humans will be the kind Apple pays hundreds of thousands for.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
We're less that a decade away from when machines will be able to write full pieces of copy. When that happens, $100 jobs for generic copy will pretty much vanish, and the only copy produced by humans will be the kind Apple pays hundreds of thousands for.

I'd love to know your thoughts (and other copywriters on the forum) about this.

How do you see copywriting in the next decade?

This has crossed my mind a couple of times too. Pretty much everything will be taken over by tech / AI in the future.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'd love to know your thoughts (and other copywriters on the forum) about this.

How do you see copywriting in the next decade?

This has crossed my mind a couple of times too. Pretty much everything will be taken over by tech / AI in the future.
Have you noticed that modern webpages have large pictures, and very short lines of text? It's not an accident. We have very short attention spans which are only getting shorter thanks to social media.

Images are also far more stimulating than words. Probably because our brains could process imagery millions of years before we had written language. Almost everyone goes to a movie theatre, few will spend that same amount of time in a bookstore.

The challenge will be using words to paint a vivid image in the readers head, while instilling emotion, and using a few short sentences at the most. When computers can do that, copywriting is truly dead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...