The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is gold a smart move?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

jan_sebastiaan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 8, 2020
Hello fellow fastlaners,

I want to ask you for feedback on an idea, I won't go into specifics of my financial situation but I managed to get a government study loan with a 0% interest rate for the first 5 years (while I don't need/use any of the money) due to the fact that I have a reasonable income and keep expenses systematically low. I save this money on my bank account right now and it's not doing anything.

so I had the idea to leverage some of this debt in gold for 5 years, I do have equity but I don't want to invest more than 1,5 times my equity. The reason is that lately, I started researching the FED and ECB and the system banks in Europa where some banks are just in a terrible situation. and the FED just keeps jacking up the amount of money they insert into the banks and financial institutions in forms of bailouts. I also am convinced they are rigging the stock markets to finance this they print money like maniacs, so I want to protect myself against the inflation that is bound to come the next 5 years. My eyes opened when I looked into the financials of Chinese export companies and there reserves which are way TOO low! I personally am afraid that the events that are taking place in China right now are going to end up being a larger shock to markets than imagined. because the companies which stocks should tumble because their markets will face disruption are freaking rising.

I know the price of gold at the time is at extreme highs, but I feel there is no safer way at this time to store currency. So to conclude am I completely wrong? if so please tell me why. And if you agree with me please tell me why.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.