- Joined
- Jul 8, 2019
- Messages
- 11
Rep Bank
$145
$145
User Power: 155%
Hi everyone,
As mentioned in my previous post, I'm a 22-year-old University student earning my income from affiliate marketing and currently working on a new Fastlane idea I have.
I'm a Bachelor of Commerce student. One of the opportunities given to students to bolster their resume and career prospects is the Co-operative work program. You get a placement at a company related to your field of study (in my case, accounting), where you'll have to work at least 10-11 months to get the certification on your degree. My academic advisor along with professors say it's a great way to get work experience, give you a better chance of finding a full-time job after university, and you get paid (which means very little to me considering it's barely above minimum wage and requires 30-40 hours a week of my time). I have already paid a $400 "administration" fee and will have to pay an additional $400 for each work term (so $1200).
To be honest, I don't think it will be of value to me. I haven't had a job in close to 2 years since I discovered online marketing, and knowing what I know now about Unscription, trading time for money, etc, I don't think I would adjust very well in my new environment. However, my parents are really pushing me toward it and saying that if my business doesn't work out in the future then at least I have a degree and work experience as an accountant to fall back on.
I'm also thinking of the opportunity cost...giving up time that could be spent pursuing my new project, and personal hobbies.
I know that no one here can tell me how to make decisions...but perhaps someone could provide me with some valuable advice on their own experiences in university/work, etc, on whether they believe pursuing Co-op would be worth it?
As mentioned in my previous post, I'm a 22-year-old University student earning my income from affiliate marketing and currently working on a new Fastlane idea I have.
I'm a Bachelor of Commerce student. One of the opportunities given to students to bolster their resume and career prospects is the Co-operative work program. You get a placement at a company related to your field of study (in my case, accounting), where you'll have to work at least 10-11 months to get the certification on your degree. My academic advisor along with professors say it's a great way to get work experience, give you a better chance of finding a full-time job after university, and you get paid (which means very little to me considering it's barely above minimum wage and requires 30-40 hours a week of my time). I have already paid a $400 "administration" fee and will have to pay an additional $400 for each work term (so $1200).
To be honest, I don't think it will be of value to me. I haven't had a job in close to 2 years since I discovered online marketing, and knowing what I know now about Unscription, trading time for money, etc, I don't think I would adjust very well in my new environment. However, my parents are really pushing me toward it and saying that if my business doesn't work out in the future then at least I have a degree and work experience as an accountant to fall back on.
I'm also thinking of the opportunity cost...giving up time that could be spent pursuing my new project, and personal hobbies.
I know that no one here can tell me how to make decisions...but perhaps someone could provide me with some valuable advice on their own experiences in university/work, etc, on whether they believe pursuing Co-op would be worth it?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
