The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is being an Entrepreneur a Torture, really?

mKLUNGU

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 31, 2021
Zambia
I awoke this morning bent on committing suicide, thinking of the strain, tension, and excruciating demands of my business, and - merely the idea of so much to do as regards my business legal troubles and unpaid dues - thinking of the pressure, stress, and also the painful expectations of my business. I can't market my businesses (both locally and online) since I don't have the funds to run paid advertisements. I have undeliverable products for clients, as well as unpaid debts and refunds from failed contracts. My students are unable to learn, and as a result, everyone else has dropped out, indicating that my business is in decline. My employees are furious because their paychecks have not been paid, and they are asking far too much.

I have been tortured by my own business interests. Is being an Entrepreneur a torture?

I've been having trouble getting my business back to where it was before C0VlD-19 started. Due to the large amount of money owed to my associates and partner companies, I am now facing lawsuits and failed relationships. My time has come to an end. I have three days to acquire finances and provide products to clients (else, I will be punished and declared bankrupt). All of this will occur within the next three days.

Will suicide help if I am unable to raise the finances required to properly respond to my business demands?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Will suicide help
Life is more valuable than all the money in the world.

If the business is sinking, you don't have to go down with it as well. You can always start again. Or you can do anything else if entrepreneurship is not for you, or you don't find any satisfaction in doing it.

Please remember that life is precious, and that there are people that love you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Please remember that life is precious, and that there are people that love you.
^^^ This.

Take a deep breath.

Nothing’s so bad you can’t make it worse doing something stupid.

Speak to someone you know and has your back. Seek professional help too.

Don’t hide from people. The only problems that can’t be solved are the ones under the table.

Keep going. Plenty of people have been at rock bottom and pulled through.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I awoke this morning bent on committing suicide, thinking of the strain, tension, and excruciating demands of my business, and - merely the idea of so much to do as regards my business legal troubles and unpaid dues - thinking of the pressure, stress, and also the painful expectations of my business. I can't market my businesses (both locally and online) since I don't have the funds to run paid advertisements. I have undeliverable products for clients, as well as unpaid debts and refunds from failed contracts. My students are unable to learn, and as a result, everyone else has dropped out, indicating that my business is in decline. My employees are furious because their paychecks have not been paid, and they are asking far too much.

I have been tortured by my own business interests. Is being an Entrepreneur a torture?

I've been having trouble getting my business back to where it was before C0VlD-19 started. Due to the large amount of money owed to my associates and partner companies, I am now facing lawsuits and failed relationships. My time has come to an end. I have three days to acquire finances and provide products to clients (else, I will be punished and declared bankrupt). All of this will occur within the next three days.

Will suicide help if I am unable to raise the finances required to properly respond to my business demands?
This is never the answer. No matter how bad life looks in the physical, it's temporary it's not forever. As long as you breathe life gets better! One day at a time. Breathe! No matter where anyone is in the world crisis life can be difficult for everyone.

Always do your research. If you have three days, it means you have time to see if there's some kind of connection you can make with someone to give you advice, support, or direct you to the right people. It's just taking action to speak with those people by going out to find them.

For the Anxiety, intensity, negative state your in, it's good to also find a psychologist you can talk to about the situation. Always ask for help, because someone will hold their hand out to you and lead the way. If you don't ask they don't know you need the help.

No matter what happens, understand your valuable, your important in the world, and you add value to society. You might be having a difficult time right now, but your innovative, creative, and get re-invent your life. It just maybe needing to go through what you need to at the moment to come out the better version of yourself.

I do recommend you writing out everything you can do in the situation, who you know, what connections they might have, and look in your area for authorities you may be able to connect with your situation.

It's kind of imagining your a football player and getting tackled, but you can still get up, run, and sooner or later get the end zone.

Bear Bryant "Junction Boys" movie might be an inspiration or his books. Life gets tough sometimes, but you just have to get back up, and keep moving.

I'm sure you know there are all kinds of things you can do to lift yourself up.

You might have to go work out at the gym, run, do recreational sports.

It's just time to take extra care of your health. All you can do is the best you can in the moment and face your fears.

Keep your thoughts up, regulate your emotions, read some inspirational books. It's just a matter of taking action to do what you need to in the moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1aGnULIM4

Emotions, thoughts, and feelings pass with time. They are temporary not forever.

Last edited:

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
Another approach. How about I describe it like this using fruit or two different things: Apple (all the world and stuff you are going through) and Orange (completely nothing what you are going through and is not even of this world, and cannot be described in the apple side).

What is it? No matter what is happening, IT is still going on! What is? The good. Some people look out the window of thier home/hotel/parents place and see the cars, and think 'it is still going on'.

Rather, LIFE is still going on. All this stuff will fade and 'it will pass' no matter how it turns out but IT is

still

going

on.

In the place, from birth,. .. where hungar is,. where joy is,. where pain is, well being, beauty,. love...NOT anything 'opposite' of those things. Take a look! Where!? Inside! Stay with it. IT is just covered up. The good is there. Find it. Feel it - you are alive aren't you?! It is there and sooner than you think, you will find it and that sensation will remind you (because you already know) that 'this is good'!

Let go of all your wants and expectations and find that IT is

still

going

on.

Spend some time there. Then;...to the best of your abilities,..

Make a plan. Take action.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Hey man, we don't know each other - so know this, my comments are true because I don't have a bias towards or against you. So let's assume your business fails. So what? It's just a business. Maybe it's a good thing.

But you'll tell me "how can that be a good thing?". Because to get to the good, sometimes we need to clear our path. There is something worse than a business that fails. But what can be worse? Worse is when your business doesn't fail but doesn't succeed either. That is what has been eating away at your and your emotional resilience, until now.

Your customers will be fine.
Your employees will find new jobs.
You will be stronger afterwards.
Get past this stage and realize, no one can hurt you other than you. Discomfort is where your growth happens. You are experiencing maximum growth.

Read these books and you'll feel 100% better! It's a promise.

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I urge you to take a step back and take a deep breath. Life is a gift and the universe still needs you as long as you’re alive.

Sometimes business failures teach us lessons we need for our next project.

“The free person thinks least of all of death, and his wisdom is a meditation not on death but on life.” Proposition 67 Part 4 of Spinoza’s Ethics

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

As long as you are healthy and alive you can always make a come back.

Donald Trumpe has been bankrupt before. We have bankrupt members here doing business activities using companies registered under family member’s name. Nothing will stop you.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I had this happen to me about 12 years ago. It felt devastating. 3 years later my business was revived. Wasn't easy but worked.

I really found out a lot about myself during this time. My life is much better now than it was before the collapse.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
It felt devastating.
I know those thoughts and feelings. There is a hidden gift in it. We come out more resilient, wise and surprisingly more able to experience happiness. The universe will help us out we just have to let it, believe in it and do something. Cliché but true.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
I will start by saying I hope you will chose LIFE.

None of us is you. None of us feels what you are feeling and dealing with. Many have gone through these same, or similar, challenges...but none of us is you. You are unique and you can make a difference in this world...but only if you are here.

Please chose life.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Empires rise and fall, some people lose their business, some are unable to even start a business because they live in abject poverty, some people are born with incurable diseases, some are blind and cannot see the light of day, some cannot walk and are stuck in a wheel chair.

Stephen Hawking was a brilliant young scientist that got diagnosed with a horrible disease that left him paralyzed: unable to move, unable to speak. He had all the reasons to commit suicide. He decided not to.
He got married, had kids, traveled the world, and expanded the boundary of human understanding of the universe through his scientific career.

"However bad life may seem, where there is life, there is hope."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Salz7uGp72c&ab_channel=UniversalPicturesUK

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Life is a struggle but the infrequent moments of happiness and tranquility make it worth it. You're in a period of your life that has you feeling overwhelmed and hopeless, but once you find your way out of it you'll be reminded of exactly why it's a gift and not a curse.

Oh, and start taking cold showers. As cold as your water allows - this WILL reboot your psyche every time feelings of despair come up.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Breathe and take a step back.

You're in fight or flight mode right now, and this is doing your judgment no good.

Before you can fix this mess, it's important you first calm that panicked voice in your head so you can think rationally.

Now, break your life down into bitesize pieces.

Write a list of all the problems you're facing. Every last one.

Order them from the ones you can fix/manage yourself, to the ones you cannot. Be honest here. There may be some problems you *think* you cannot solve – but you can – and vice-versa.

Knock off the ones *you* can solve asap. Seek the counsel/support of others with the rest.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but it sure as hell cannot be worse than how you're already feeling.

80% of the battle is won or lost with your mind. Overcome it, and this bitch of a storm will pass – that I assure you.

Better days will come.

Hold tight, my friend. We're rooting for you.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

I am much younger in age and experience as compared to you sir, but suicidal thoughts can overcome anyone, that's why i am replying to your comment.
Suicide is neither a question nor answer.
If everything happened according to our will there will be no purpose to our life(as we will not change any situation).
Just for some pieces of paper and embarrassment of lawsuit you are going to end your life? Its more precious than any other thing in this world. There is proverb in india " sar salamat to pagdi hazaar"( In troubled times, save yourself first, everything else is unimportant). And finally some lines from Robert Lee Frost
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

I'll give my two cents here.

Typically, I'm all in on business. All my thoughts are about business, how I can monetize things, all the young entrepreneur types of thoughts, and sometimes it does get the best of me as well

But a couple days ago something happened to me that made me have an epiphany. Since my health has been great my whole life, I've never really had a feeling like I was going to die or a near death experience or anything like that, so I never really think about health.

For the past few weeks, I had been taking a pre-workout supplement that ended up doing something to me that I'd never felt

All was good in the gym, the pre workout made me feel amazing.

One day, I noticed something weird after taking it. I got light headed for 5 minutes to the point where I needed to sit down. Ok.. That was terrifying. Was it all in my head? I didn't know. But after it had ended I went back to doing what I was doing, and ignored it, thinking that all I needed to do was stop taking the pre workout for a couple days.

2 days later, I decided it would be okay for me to try it again. I went to the gym.. everything was fine.. All of a sudden when I got home, the same thing happened. Except this time it wasn't going away. What was happening to me is: The pre workout caused me to have a full blown anxiety attack and I had to put my hands on my head and breathe and walk outside with my roomate for an hour to stop myself from passing out.

It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life, and lasted a full 24 hours.

Guess what I wasn't thinking about during that time? Business. Making Videos. Making Money. For the first time in forever, I was worried about my health.

It just went to show that health is so much more important to us. Being ALIVE is so much more important to us than anything in the world. When you think you are going to die, ALL YOU WANT is for everything to go back to normal. You don't care about all of the materialistic things..

Having experiences like this really makes the things that seem like "big problems" such as not making a sale or something feel extremely small.

I hope this helps in some way.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India

Typically, I'm all in on business. All my thoughts are about business, how I can monetize things, all the young entrepreneur types of thoughts, and sometimes it does get the best of me as well

But a couple days ago something happened to me that made me have an epiphany. Since my health has been great my whole life, I've never really had a feeling like I was going to die or a near death experience or anything like that, so I never really think about health.

For the past few weeks, I had been taking a pre-workout supplement that ended up doing something to me that I'd never felt

One day, I noticed something weird after taking it. I got light headed for 5 minutes to the point where I needed to sit down. Ok.. That was terrifying. Was it all in my head? I didn't know. But after it had ended I went back to doing what I was doing, and ignored it, thinking that all I needed to do was stop taking the pre workout for a couple days.

2 days later, I decided it would be okay for me to try it again. I went to the gym.. everything was fine.. All of a sudden when I got home, the same thing happened. Except this time it wasn't going away. What was happening to me is: The pre workout caused me to have a full blown anxiety attack and I had to put my hands on my head and breathe and walk outside with my roomate for an hour to stop myself from passing out.

It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life, and lasted a full 24 hours.

Guess what I wasn't thinking about during that time? Business. Making Videos. Making Money. For the first time in forever, I was worried about my health.

It just went to show that health is so much more important to us. Being ALIVE is so much more important to us than anything in the world. When you think you are going to die, ALL YOU WANT is for everything to go back to normal. You don't care about all of the materialistic things..

Having experiences like this really makes the things that seem like "big problems" such as not making a sale or something feel extremely small.

Sir have you checked the ingredients in your pre-work? I am aware of the caffeine and other "stimulating" substances that are used in it.
But what were your doses and it could have gone pretty bad(there is a channel on utube where he explains such wierd cases on ,how drinking whole cough syrup cases this, or how pre-work casued this person, u get the point)
And sir is there any particular reason of taking pre-work or people just take it for energy boosting purposes. I have worked out for almost 2 years now (on and off) but never took any pre

farouqali

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 16, 2021

Hey mKLUNGU,
Much has been said about how precious life is and your failure and Dilemna should not lead you to commit Suicide.
it would be sad to die with reasons that if you "Take a Deep breath and think hard"
That shame to meet your expectations (Dues and Business making returns)
Accept that this phase you have failed, failure is a necessity to growth...seek help.
no matter how worst your problems are "Laugh at them because they wont be there forever"
Count it as a bad Chapter on your life story and sit down and plan How to fix it.
"fa inna ma'al usri yusra, inna ma'al usri yusra":-Verily after every hardship there is relief, after every hardship there is relief. Quran 94:6

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...