The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Investing on a gold standard VS investing with a debased currency

Anything related to investing, including crypto
D

Deleted29658

I wasn't certain where to post this and I can't get any clear answers from anyone I know so hopefully someone here as an idea.

The U.S. was taken off the gold standard in 1971 debasing the currency to be inflated. With all of this funny money it is easy to get loans and to invest because the fed can just print more money since it is not backed by anything. They can be over leveraged and leave it to the citizens in taxes to pay the bill back.

Before we were removed from the gold standard, how did we handle loans and investing? Did you mainly save because your money was a hard backed currency and picked your investments very wisely and slowly? Did you loan out money only when you absolutely had some great investment at your doorstep?

If we go back to hard backed money that is tethered to something and can't be printed infinitely, how would you loan and invest to grow your money?
Is your only option to find amazing businesses and products and invest them early?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Back then interest rates were higher, so you could save your money in a bank and enjoy a nice %%% return.

Investment works like it does now. You pool some money, give it to someone else to use, and they pay you interest of some sort. The way we invest doesn't change, only the quantity of money available.

D

Deleted29658

Back then interest rates were higher, so you could save your money in a bank and enjoy a nice %%% return.

Investment works like it does now. You pool some money, give it to someone else to use, and they pay you interest of some sort. The way we invest doesn't change, only the quantity of money available.

Thank you for your reply. I am reading unscripted now and he mentions how he uses loaning out his money to make more money. Do you think this is still an investing process even when the money is hard capped because there can only be so much printed since it was backed by gold?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Thank you for your reply. I am reading unscripted now and he mentions how he uses loaning out his money to make more money. Do you think this is still an investing process even when the money is hard capped because there can only be so much printed since it was backed by gold?

Why would it not be investing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted29658

Why would it not be investing?

Again, I haven't completed the section in the book yet, but alot of the bonds and SBA loans and things that I have personally researched are all federally backed. The only reason for this is because they can magically print more money if something fails and you get all your money back. If the money gets backed to something like gold then there is no magic print button and you just lose your investment. Make 10 bad 100K investments and your money is gone if you only have 1 million. Back to square one.
It just concerned me and made me think that it would require extreme research for loaning any money to anyone with a backed money.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.