The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to optimize my research on legal matters (business/investing/international laws..)

Anthares

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 3, 2023
Hello,
I started my freelancing online teaching activity in France a few years ago, and am looking to expand and move abroad in a couple years in Czech Republic. (In France I'm stuck and can't grow the activity more without exploding my taxes and paperwork. Which is not worth it I think).

I keep wasting a lot of time and stuggle to find answers on some topics. I both struggle to find the information myself and have difficulties finding the right persons to reach out who have the knowledge.
I usually get random answers by talking to other people in my field, but struggle getting the right kind of experts to reliably get the answers I need.
I would like to become more efficient.

Here are a batch of unresolved questions I have. I don't expect to have answers here, but more as a way to help you understand what I mean:

Investment related:
-If I have saving bank accounts in various countries and currencies, what are the fees ? Should I pay taxes on the interest rates, for example if I'm Czech tax resident ?
-If I sell gold, what are the taxes for example in Czech Republic ?

Business related:
-Can I live in Czech Republic, while having my company incorporated in a third country with lower tax jurisdiction and how can it be done ? (I plan to grow my company and do less freelancing)
-If most of my customers are in France (and as such the center of my economics interests stay there), how can I make sure to be considered a tax resident elsewhere ? For example can I keep at least a bank account in France, or should I do a complete cut from France ?
-How can I create my brand ? and register my trademark ? In France, the process is very hard to understand with long delays and it's hard to get answers from the service in charge of it.

International laws:
-How can I get help in getting other passports/citizenships or permanent residencies that can be useful ? I recently got a second citizenship by descent, but maybe in the future I will need to get an additional permanent residency or citizenship if necessary. How can I get more efficient doing that, without getting lost in the paperwork again ?

Technical questions:
-Like improving my day to day processes and wasting less time (stopping to fill my google calendar myself, but making the students fill it instead / having a CRM process to have a vision of my students grades etc.. / optimizing my video lessons and taking care of the social networks ..
I tend to do it all by myself and waste a ton of time because it's not where I have expertise.

But most important, I still miss tons of information. I would love someone to give me an overview of different options that I could have in expanding my company and the ways to do it smartly. I don't know what I don't know. And feel very limited by my own knowledge.

I paid a French fiscal attorney, but hehad very limited knowledge when it comes to something very international. He mostly knew how to move abroad a company, but not having something more complex in several countries at the same time. I feel like the fees I paid didn't provide that much value. And sometimes it's just small questions that I have, and I feel I need more someone who can advise on a recurring basis.

How do you manage ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DerekOlsen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 20, 2023
Hey there! It sounds like you're facing quite a complex set of challenges with your freelancing and business expansion. International business and taxation can indeed be a maze. I've had my share of struggles too, especially with legal and financial matters. What's been helpful for me is finding a good international tax advisor or consultant who specializes in the specific areas I need help with. They can provide ongoing guidance and ensure you're making the right moves.

Anthares

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 3, 2023
Hey there! It sounds like you're facing quite a complex set of challenges with your freelancing and business expansion. International business and taxation can indeed be a maze. I've had my share of struggles too, especially with legal and financial matters. What's been helpful for me is finding a good international tax advisor or consultant who specializes in the specific areas I need help with. They can provide ongoing guidance and ensure you're making the right moves.
Thank you very much for your help. Yes it's a maze indeed.

How do you search the spécific advisors that you need ?
Do you use word of mouth or use a specific website ?
I find it very hard to find them by looking online

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Hello,
I started my freelancing online teaching activity in France a few years ago, and am looking to expand and move abroad in a couple years in Czech Republic. (In France I'm stuck and can't grow the activity more without exploding my taxes and paperwork. Which is not worth it I think).

I keep wasting a lot of time and stuggle to find answers on some topics. I both struggle to find the information myself and have difficulties finding the right persons to reach out who have the knowledge.
I usually get random answers by talking to other people in my field, but struggle getting the right kind of experts to reliably get the answers I need.
I would like to become more efficient.

Here are a batch of unresolved questions I have. I don't expect to have answers here, but more as a way to help you understand what I mean:

Investment related:
-If I have saving bank accounts in various countries and currencies, what are the fees ? Should I pay taxes on the interest rates, for example if I'm Czech tax resident ?
-If I sell gold, what are the taxes for example in Czech Republic ?

Business related:
-Can I live in Czech Republic, while having my company incorporated in a third country with lower tax jurisdiction and how can it be done ? (I plan to grow my company and do less freelancing)
-If most of my customers are in France (and as such the center of my economics interests stay there), how can I make sure to be considered a tax resident elsewhere ? For example can I keep at least a bank account in France, or should I do a complete cut from France ?
-How can I create my brand ? and register my trademark ? In France, the process is very hard to understand with long delays and it's hard to get answers from the service in charge of it.

International laws:
-How can I get help in getting other passports/citizenships or permanent residencies that can be useful ? I recently got a second citizenship by descent, but maybe in the future I will need to get an additional permanent residency or citizenship if necessary. How can I get more efficient doing that, without getting lost in the paperwork again ?

Technical questions:
-Like improving my day to day processes and wasting less time (stopping to fill my google calendar myself, but making the students fill it instead / having a CRM process to have a vision of my students grades etc.. / optimizing my video lessons and taking care of the social networks ..
I tend to do it all by myself and waste a ton of time because it's not where I have expertise.

But most important, I still miss tons of information. I would love someone to give me an overview of different options that I could have in expanding my company and the ways to do it smartly. I don't know what I don't know. And feel very limited by my own knowledge.

I paid a French fiscal attorney, but hehad very limited knowledge when it comes to something very international. He mostly knew how to move abroad a company, but not having something more complex in several countries at the same time. I feel like the fees I paid didn't provide that much value. And sometimes it's just small questions that I have, and I feel I need more someone who can advise on a recurring basis.

How do you manage ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I do this work for clients. Dm me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
It doesn't make sense to me, both of these countries are part of the European Union, you don't need to move to Czech Republic just to perform business in Czech Republic. Moving to another country is more paperwork, staying in France is less paperwork. Check the "Ease of doing business index", it is easier to do business in France than in Czech Republic.

Just check the cross-border VAT rules and get an accountant.

Anthares

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 3, 2023
It doesn't make sense to me, both of these countries are part of the European Union, you don't need to move to Czech Republic just to perform business in Czech Republic. Moving to another country is more paperwork, staying in France is less paperwork. Check the "Ease of doing business index", it is easier to do business in France than in Czech Republic.

Just check the cross-border VAT rules and get an accountant.
I can't stand living in France anymore and want to leave. I appréciate Central Europe more. So the business aspect is not the only important to me.

In Czech Republic there is the lump-sum tax regime that is good in my field at least for the time being (it's like 20/25% taxes in total).

Thank you for your advice, I appreciate

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.