The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Investing in a classic car?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Bruno11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 18, 2020
Sydney
Pretty new to the forum and don’t have much to say about business yet but cars is the one thing I’ve made money on in the past,

May be a different niche of cars you’re looking at but I used to buy mainly jap cars from 90s, driving them/bit of tlc/modifications and flipping them after a few months, you couldn’t go wrong.

If you find a good example that Hasn’t been crashed/written off there almost either always hold their value or go up, so you get to enjoy it for free and get the money back when you’re over it.

when I was younger you could get low kms s15s, r34 gtrs for 8 and 25k now its an easy 20~ and gtrs have gone through the roof to 100k +

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Pretty new to the forum and don’t have much to say about business yet but cars is the one thing I’ve made money on in the past,

May be a different niche of cars you’re looking at but I used to buy mainly jap cars from 90s, driving them/bit of tlc/modifications and flipping them after a few months, you couldn’t go wrong.

If you find a good example that Hasn’t been crashed/written off there almost either always hold their value or go up, so you get to enjoy it for free and get the money back when you’re over it.

when I was younger you could get low kms s15s, r34 gtrs for 8 and 25k now its an easy 20~ and gtrs have gone through the roof to 100k +

Had a few cars over the years but I have, in Australia, seen the rapid rise in some of the older Porsches. Typically the 930 Turbo, could be had for well under 100k here around 10 years ago. Some examples are fetching above 300k. Another is an E30 M3, I almost bought one around 8 years ago for 25k but was turned off by the servicing costs. They are around 80-90k now for a reasonable condition one.

Bruno11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 18, 2020
Sydney
Had a few cars over the years but I have, in Australia, seen the rapid rise in some of the older Porsches. Typically the 930 Turbo, could be had for well under 100k here around 10 years ago. Some examples are fetching above 300k. Another is an E30 M3, I almost bought one around 8 years ago for 25k but was turned off by the servicing costs. They are around 80-90k now for a reasonable condition one.

cant speak much on the euro/exotic markets as I’ve never really been too much into them(for reasons you mentioned, just too much headache with servicing and Inventions by the companies to make it difficult to do it yourself)

but I remember hearing that good example m3s from the 2008-2010 era might become highly collectable, them being the last v8 produced + a bit more modern, the combo of white original paint with red interior sub 100k kms are already asking a premium.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
cant speak much on the euro/exotic markets as I’ve never really been too much into them(for reasons you mentioned, just too much headache with servicing and Inventions by the companies to make it difficult to do it yourself)

but I remember hearing that good example m3s from the 2008-2010 era might become highly collectable, them being the last v8 produced + a bit more modern, the combo of white original paint with red interior sub 100k kms are already asking a premium.

Have had a look at these that you are talking about. I think they do seem of good value at the moment and can only go up. Another is B5 RS4's, although alot of examples seem to be high kms but they are definitely on the rise.
If I had money to burn, I would be getting one for sure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think @MJ DeMarco mentioned before he made money on his Lamborghini???

No, but I enjoyed driving it for a few years with very little depreciation. (The Diablo)

I took a beating on the Murciealago which depreciated pretty badly, much like Gallardos do as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.