The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

(Investing Advice Needed) Where would u park your money while on slowlane to go fastlane in next few years?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Hello All,

Let me introduce bit abt my self. I am 26 years old guy, based in Singapore, have no responsibilities, no debt and 6 figures salary job. As u read 10 year Plansy in MJ's new book Great Rat Race Escape , couples plan to escape wage slavery. I am also planning to quit my job in next 2 or 3 years not because I dun hate my job. I love what I am doing now at my job. However, I wanna dive into the Unscripted Entrepreneurship and go back to my dirt cheap third world country in Asia to live close with my parents/friends. So cut the story short, my question is how do u invest money before u start ur fastlane business in next 2 or 3 years while on slowlane to beat inflation etc?

MJ mentioned in another thread; he was saying that invest only in stock market less than 20% of your entire net worth when your business do not start generating profits. My current investment portfolio is like below:

• 50% goes to Fully Diversified Singapore's REITS (Dividend income stocks)
  • 15% goes to US Economy's ETFs( TLT, QQQ, RSP, CSPX, EFA)
  • 20% goes to USDC StableCoins on High-Yield Interest accounts like BlockFi, Crypto.com
  • the rest sit in my lowest interest rate bank account (Singapore banks pay lowest interest rates)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like a decent allocation. The REITS should give you some inflation protection. And you have cash available if capital is needed for business.

nvest only in stock market less than 20% of your entire net worth when your business do not start generating profits.

Not sure that's exactly what I said. I said my networth (today) never goes over 20% invested in the markets. When you're younger, you definitely can be more aggressive and take more risk.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Looks like a decent allocation. The REITS should give you some inflation protection. And you have cash available if capital is needed for business.

Not sure that's exactly what I said. I said my networth (today) never goes over 20% invested in the markets. When you're younger, you definitely can be more aggressive and take more risk.

Thank you sir. much appreciated for your reply :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.