The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Invention

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys I have an idea, a new invention in fact.

it meets every commandment of
Control
Entry
Need
Time
Scale

The only problem is as this product does not exist yet, how would i go about making it a reality?

do you simply go to laboratories and tell them what you need them to do or create?

I am a bit lost! how will i go about doing this without them stealing my idea?

Do i need to patent it beforehand?

Kind Regards.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
You need to have a comprehensive plan to get a reputable manufacturer to take your product seriously. It is just pure economics. You need to be able to sell a good/ well sourced, well supplied factory with a set of detailed drawings and markups, CAD images (may or may not be mandated depending on the type of your product), and maybe you want to have an effective sales pitch if you want it to be manufactured in the USA. (if overseas then a different ballgame) there are a few similarities between getting products made initially domestically or internationally, however after these initial discussions have occurred it takes a big turn in different directions from there. Again this is all just broad generic stuff I am stating.

Do you have models, prototype(s) and a stable (revisions already addressed and kinked out design issues) print of your idea? Do you have that patented? Do you know what components it entails and whether or not you will be able to change if necessary? Do you have the necessary niche market identified? Before these are fully addressed then you can consider the costing aspect of it, and what a manufacturer or supplier will need in terms of quantification to take your product seriously into consideration for their planning and scheduling. Also your print or model markup needs to be as fully detailed as possible this way a potential supplier can tell you UPFRONT whether or not tier 2 or sub-suppliers need to be utilized for certain acquisition of raw material components or processes (for exmaple, machining, welding, heat treatment, brazing, soldering, plastic injection molding, packaging even, etc etc) there are a myriad of factors that need to be taken into consideration before you embark on this journey.

Feel free to pm if needed.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Timmy, did you make exactly the same post in three different categories? Or is the forum software weird in how it's showing just one post?

It would be nice if we could consolidate this advice to one thread that could be a useful resource over time. I thinkg How should I do the design process? might be a good place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.