The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Invention....where do I find a designer?

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
I have an invention. A good one (I think); I know what it'll look like and how it'll perform. I have people who can make ALL the components. I can see each one of them in my eye. I have people who will sell the invention, once made. But I NEED a design. Where do I find a designer? I've talked about this with a zillion people, and they get all excited, and when it comes time to put pen to paper, they all wimp out.

And yes, to find a designer, I even considered building a huge, business-oriented collaborative website; a Facebook of business people to try and find the team I need, but then realized I'm not that bright.

Where would you start, finding the person to do the drawings?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I would assume this person would be some type of engineer, so couldn't you look around your local classifieds for an engineer that specifies in that area (whatever it may be)? I assume you're going to get that patented and protected once you get the designs done, but after that, I'd love to hear more about it!

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks.

I don't think I necessarily need an engineer, more of a machinist who can run CAD, I'd think.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
If you're looking for a licensed professional to do this, I believe it'd be some sort of engineer, but I'm sure you could find someone who just knows how to work well with CAD.

Actually, depending on how complex the design is, I could probably help you out. I've been working with CAD for two years now so I have a decent amount of knowledge with it.

BlackHollow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 31, 2007
Northern Colorado
Jason - This is glock from over at RD. Is this related to what we discussed a while back on RD? I never did get an email from you. I sent you one through RD, so I have no idea if you received it or not. As well, AIM mail seems to reject anything that I haven't listed as OK to come in. If so, and if you are still interested in talking to me, let me know what your domain is and I will add it.

Bob

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The internet (Google) has got to have some sort of source directory for CAD designers.

Also, ELance.com might have engineers for these types of projects.

Another unsual place: Craigslist ... CL has been a source of mine for many things which is ironic since I wouldn't think it'd be a good resource. CL has come thru for me on many occasions.

BlackHollow

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 31, 2007
Northern Colorado
Jason -

Boy do I feel like an idiot! :bgh: I was cleaning out my in-box and saw that not only did you email me, I actually replied!

I sent you another email just a bit ago if you are still interested in talking to me about it. If not, I completely understand!

Bob

Jason_MI

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks everyone; I think I'm caught up on my emails and PMs and so on. :hurray:

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
Jason - This is glock from over at RD. Is this related to what we discussed a while back on RD? I never did get an email from you. I sent you one through RD, so I have no idea if you received it or not. As well, AIM mail seems to reject anything that I haven't listed as OK to come in. If so, and if you are still interested in talking to me, let me know what your domain is and I will add it.

Bob

Try these guys. The guy Adam Reif is a wizard at Solidworks. Ask him to show you some of the sample work he's done.

http://designmassif.com/biz/index.html

That should get you started.

Jople

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 17, 2010
Just curious ?

Hello Jason,

How'd you ever make out ? Did you get a designer, . .

I read your post and was wondering, what type of designer you were looking for, .

cuz I think there a many types of designers, . .

I'm thinking you must have wanted some type of doodle for a logo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.