The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sean Jackson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 19, 2018
CT, USA
Hello everyone!

My name is Sean, and I am currently putting together an organizational development consulting firm that's aimed specifically towards start-up founders who need organizational help & VC / Angel Investors looking to protect their investments! I have a MS in I/O Psych and am highly passionate about org design.

I also currently run a start-up real estate firm outside of NYC!

I want to continue my trend of constant learning, and be inspired by the content provided here! I would also love to get advice towards how I can make the most effective business possible, all while being innovative and forward thinking!

I hope to get to know people here, and earn my place as a success story :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Jackson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 19, 2018
CT, USA
Haven't read it just yet, but I'm putting it on my audible right now! Looking forward to taking a listen

Sean Jackson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 19, 2018
CT, USA
Update: I've finished the book and let me tell you - holy shit.

MJ has done such a fantastic job at creating clarity into exactly what I'm doing. I've now decided that simply selling consulting services is too small scale. It can have magnitude, but it cannot have the scale I want.

Essentially I'm honing in and doubling down. I've filed my LLC, and I've made my bank accounts. I've gotten the proper software for invoicing (Quickbooks), and I've set up my payment method. Now instead of one killer consulting service (which I still plan on having as a big ticket item, but frankly I now see it as a really big ticket) I am going to hone in on building massive value into a digital service that I can produce in scale.

Without getting into the nitty gritty of it I just want to thank MJ for really giving me some clarity into refining my goal here. I was thinking too small, and this new mindset has culminated into a fervent desire to succeed.

In the meantime I've also landed my second consulting client. My first one pays me $2,000 / mo for approximately 3 hours a week of Organizational Consultation. Because I realized that they jumped at the opportunity, I approached my second with a $3,000 / mo price tag for essentially the same scope of work.

$5,000 a month for 6 hours a week work? I'll take it!

Tertiary to all this I've also met with the local Chamber of Commerce as well as the local economic development council. I'm working my way into speaking in front of 300+ local business owners (From mom & pops, to larger corporations).

Once again, thanks MJ for the clarity on the massive action approach I now have! I plan on making a separate thread to outline my journey, potentially with weekly rundowns. It'll help keep me honest, and as always I would love to network with the great individuals here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...