The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Good Day All,

I'm super excited to be involved in a group of like minded people! I finished reading the MFL yesterday and have now started unscripted . Here's a little bit about me, where I came from, and where I'm headed

When I was a kid the only successful people I knew were salary workers. So I went to college with the intent to increase my value to a company to a level that would get me a nice lifestyle. During this college period 2 things happened:
1. I realized that almost no job would fund a Lamborghini
2. I was severally distracted by partying

2009 I left college with a 2.6 GPA, a Bachelors in Business Management, a mindset on the sidewalk, with lots of loans, and living pay check to paycheck, while continuing to party like a rock star. I job hopped for several years accruing "experience" including some fun things like selling paper business to business, selling cable door to door, unloading trucks at amazon, bottling coke at a factory, and much more! My fiancé jokes that I've literally done everything. I did this for several years until I reached a very low point and decided I had to make a change.

I left the sidewalk behind 6 years ago for the slow lane as I transitioned into an assistant project manger. I Dave Ramsey-ed for a bit and paid off my student loans, bought a car cash, and put away a few thousand bucks. During this time I began to look at how to level myself up and it paid off with a promotion to what I do now as a Project Manager, executing projects, remodeling Walmart's

2020 I started to leave the slow lane when I once again realized none of these companies were going to get me a Lamborghini, nor a house in the Caribbean. I dug into the real-estate and purchased my first investment/house hack in 2021. I currently live in 1 unit and rent the other 3, netting me about $300 profit a month and living for free.

Over the past year I've been focused on Real Estate and started to wonder where I was going to get the kind of cash I need to scale this business. In an effort to learn more about how - I listened to MFL over the course of 2 flights and a few days last week

Now! Now I'm looking for my fast lane niche to either to help fix something within real estate like aligning small time lenders with small time buyers. I have another idea in the customer service space as I feel like as the years go by our large companies service gets worse and worse and it drives everyone I know crazy.

I'm looking forward to executing one of them and telling you guys about the journey!
I'll be looking for contacts in the app development space, and likely all sorts of other spaces that I've not identified yet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, glad you found some value in the books. Your body of work is definitely building to bigger and better things. Be proud of your progress thus far.

You still own the car wash? How is that going?

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
Welcome aboard, glad you found some value in the books. Your body of work is definitely building to bigger and better things. Be proud of your progress thus far.

omg hey MJ!

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA

Good Afternoon MJ,

Unfortunately not a car wash, I bought a car cash like our buddy Dave suggests :)

The investment property is my first venture that created any kind of separation between my time and the money I get .....so far! The books definitely opened my mind up!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...