The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction: Quarter Life Crisis

kairos555

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 8, 2022
Hello all:

My name is Paul. I just turned 27, and I'm engaged to a beautiful girl whom I'll be marrying this year. It would be my distinct preference to have some inspiring business-related story to share with you all, but the truth of my path to finding this forum is probably the same as the majority of new members. Over the past six months, I've read every business and entrepreneurship-related book I could get my hands on, and came to respect and adopt a lot of the ideas put forward by Mr. Demarco in his works. I've contemplated some business ideas, and put some time into less fast-lane side hustles, but have not taken big action yet, and want to change that as soon as I possibly can. I feel the clock is ticking.
I work in healthcare IT and have experience with medical devices and hospital operations. This can be a really great breeding ground for new ventures and finding important unmet needs, but working in my capacity, it ends up being as "soul-crushing" as any other low-level white collar gig.
I'm looking for a way out, and I'm hoping this forum will help me on that path. Also hope my experience and perspective might be useful to others on here.
Cheers~

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard, Paul. The best advice I can give you is to concentrate on your own strengths, skills, and aptitudes. You can waste an inordinate amount of time trying to follow in the path of others. In other words, don't jump into copywriting, ecom, digital marketing, or web design just because people here have had success in those areas. If you pick one, and it's not aligned with your skills, you will end up wasting lots of valuable time.

Find something that plays into your personal strengths, and do that. What it is doesn't matter as much as adherence to the basic principles outlined in the books.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Welcome Paul, congrats on the new wife!

Sometimes we need to step out of our box a little to find business opportunities. Look up John Wheeler. He was a physicist who came up with what’s called the “observer participatory universe”. It doesn’t apply just to theoretical physics.

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Hello all:

My name is Paul. I just turned 27, and I'm engaged to a beautiful girl whom I'll be marrying this year. It would be my distinct preference to have some inspiring business-related story to share with you all, but the truth of my path to finding this forum is probably the same as the majority of new members. Over the past six months, I've read every business and entrepreneurship-related book I could get my hands on, and came to respect and adopt a lot of the ideas put forward by Mr. Demarco in his works. I've contemplated some business ideas, and put some time into less fast-lane side hustles, but have not taken big action yet, and want to change that as soon as I possibly can. I feel the clock is ticking.
I work in healthcare IT and have experience with medical devices and hospital operations. This can be a really great breeding ground for new ventures and finding important unmet needs, but working in my capacity, it ends up being as "soul-crushing" as any other low-level white collar gig.
I'm looking for a way out, and I'm hoping this forum will help me on that path. Also hope my experience and perspective might be useful to others on here.
Cheers~
Welcome!

Free idea for an IT/Medical backgrounded human ... I came up with this over 20 years ago, "Doc Talk." A patient who is being seen is under stress, and at best comprehends 70% of what the doc tells them, then by the time they get home and tell their grandson in Milwaukie, they have forgotten 50% of what was left and don't comprehend the difference between pituitary glands and obituary bands. I would love it if when I went to the doc, they could record for up to 2 minutes summarizing what is up. If I have an ovarian or cesarian cyst, they could attach a pre-prepared lay-speak page describing it. To get around Hippa, the info could be provided and hosted by doc talk, but the patient would be able to share the link and password. In this way, their family could get the real scoop instead of the swill I am able to pass on when I get back from a visit. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...