The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction and mostly asking for advice (long)

MaraOnMove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 23, 2019
Hungary
Hello Fastlane Forum!
I just found this forum and it might be selfish, but first thing I do is to ask for help.

I feel so lost in life, career and current events. I was thinking this forum might show me which way to go, sending me a light, which torch up my surroundings, making life clearer and leading me out of this cave.

It turned out a bit long, so if you don’t have the time, it’ fine. But if you could give me advice, i would be very grateful to y’all!

I'm 22M, living in Mid-Eastern Europe, graduated from highschool in economics, right now working as a data-entry/office job for a low wage, with little direction in my career/life. I would like to have more freedom financially and in every way, but I don't know how or where to go forward.

My Mom would want me to go to collage, but I have read and many others, see it as a waste of time and money.
Something similiar option is getting a training from National Training Registry which cost less and requires less time but doesn't give degree.

Some reasons I don't want to go to collage:
1. I don't wanna be a doctor,lawyer or a teacher that would require me to have a degree.
2. As i said, I see it as a waste of time(3-4years) and money. As no one would finance it anyway, i would have to get into debt, plus pay rent and food with a part time job, when even a full-time job only makes enough here just to get-by.
3. This Country’s education is low quality.
4. I'm an introverted ambivert and doesn't like to go to party and such, so i don't fit into that "community". I’d rather improve myself or search for ways to get wealthy and enjoy life.
5. Environment is very toxic, job wages are low and I don't see my future in this country. So i would like to travel elsewhere.

If i could, i would rather take some helpful courses for lower prices and which takes much less time while giving me a useful skill I can apply, than going to collage.

I'd rather try to avoid the rat race, where everyone is on a conveyor belt, designed to be milked and slowly die. You surely know this: go to school, go to collage, get a job, get married, have kids, buy a house and car, grow old and die.

We know it's not a life, it's modern slavery!

Who would want that? Surely not me!

If you go in, its very hard to come out.

Life is too short only to be unhappy and regret, and I don't want that, I want to be happy and have freedom, just like everyone else. (I know, so cliche)
For that I need a stream of income. For sure I know, I don't want to be holed up in an office typing all day while slowly the life just withering away and wait for the weekend. Plus you can be replaced ANYTIME in this world.

We don't have much choice, first I have to get a job for an income, but after that WILL and GOING to take the entrepreneurship road where you take your fate in your own hands, has the most chance of leading a lifestyle, which avoids the rat race, so that I can have the freedom or happiness i want.

I do read about health and finances, and I know that I must build a business which doesn't or requires a fraction of my time. Also need passive income, for that I need to invest. But that's the end game!

And this is the part where i get lost, unconfident and unknowledgeable. So i know i would need a business, as internet took over, and one of the easiest method is building an online business.
So i need a skills and a job I can convert into a business or any kind of passive income.

So here are some interests i have or things I would not hate doing:
1. Blogging, content writing, copywriting ( I feel like this would fit, but it is saturated and competetive, and I don’t know where to start)
2. Life Coach or Business coach or some other advisor (same here)
3. Photographer (hard to make a living since phone age?)
4. Gardener ( I like this topic, not yet knowledgeable in it and not sure how to grow it into business)
5. Flipping or dropshipping ( I know, very very saturated with low entry barrier and low margins)
6.Home designer or maybe smh about real estates as it has money in it
7. Day-Swing Stock trader (When I will have more money, I’d love to delve into it)
8. I love natural health so maybe some kind of job or business
9. Online marketer
10. maybe graphic design, ( very competetive, did not try, probably not that scalable as business)
11. nutritionist or some kind health advisor or trainer maybe
12 DIY make smh and try to sell online ( this and writing might be to closest to entrepreneurship)
13. Tutor english or smh online ( Not Native-speaker and I can’t really teach like ont he majority of the sites where the pay isn’t junk)
((14 Being an au-pair ))(( Since I’m still young, I’d love to travel to world and experience all kind of cultures, so I thought I might give this a chance, but it isn’t exactly close to building wealth)

These are things i had seen and considering career choices and even if you have additional choices, I'm always open for new ideas.

Writing and blogging attracts me the most, as i would like to travel and blogs have a lot of potential. But there is just so much blog going around and i have this fear that all the effort I put in it goes to waste, because you know, life doesn't always goes as planned. Plus there are many workers online mostly from asian country, whom works for pennies and I may not make that much writing and having less work cus of that.

(I would write blog about these topics im interested in: natural health, spirituality, travel, psychology, gardening but mostly health and travel blog but i fear those are very much saturated)

Other choices i have been thinking about, but didn't dive deeply into and think I could do it well while traveling is: coaching(life or business or other), stock trading, flipping/dropshipping, and Teaching English online(no degree and not native speaker, so i would have to work for pennies unlike Americans so I quite cant go anywhere with this).

My goal is to(for my career):
  • like the work/job/business I do,
  • be financially independent and free, have business and passive income
  • travel and experience a lot while I'm not tied down
Of course I would love to get your advice about all this,
Plus Question is; which path should i take? ( I would love to get some other than being" what you feel", but yeah, maybe i need that push.)

I feel that the thing which holds me back the most; is fear of starting and moving, but that’s acting up because I feel like I don’t know jack! I dont have the money, the knowledge or the experience or the connections. It feels like I am in a dark room, blindly searching and hitting the wall.

But for sure i want to go travel and not to take collage, but I would need to get an income and find a job or place before I just buy a ticket and go, since I don't have much funds (like 1500u$d) to cover that for long.

I don't know any cheap way of doing this. I read in other places few days ago, that being 22 is young and only now i have time to travel, and make mistakes without having much responsibility and time to find myself.

I am grateful for reading this long introduction and "ranting”.
Please share your thoughts!
Thank you for having me here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the intro.

Q: Is college in your country expensive? What are job prospects in your country?

So here are some interests i have or things I would not hate doing:

Is there a market need for any of that?

Your first mistake is not really paying attention to the market, but paying too much attention to yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...