The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro - Let´s get to the top!

RisingToTheTop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 15, 2016
Hello everybody!

This is my first post (but surely not the last) in the forums. Let me start by saying how glad I am to have found a community like this, where like-minded individuals that are not content with just surviving can share their valuable opinions and experiences!

Also big thanks to MJ, for writing such a fantastic, life changing book. TMF truly molded my way of thinking about business (and more importantly - life). Making the switch from the "How do i get money?" frame to "How can I solve other people needs?" was truly an epiphany, and it was all thanks to your book MJ.

With that being said, i want to introduce myself. My name is Franco (Frank in english), I´m 22 YO and live in Argentina. I´ve just finished college last July and got a Degree in Business. Despite going to one of the best colleges here (the most expensive actually), I can honestly say the experience was not what I expected - at all. To summarize, it felt to me as I was back in high school (and I hated highschool, so that´s no good hehe) except just a little bit harder. Knowledge without practical application, hours wasted listening to topics that are completely irrelevant, memorizing a bunch of stuff that I would forget 2 hours after giving an exam, all in all pretty much a waste of time, and quite some time. To be completely honest, I did learn some useful stuff and I also didn´t take some chances I should have when i was there (like joining the entrepreneurship club or attending some interesting talks), but i can say without hesitation that it was definitely not worth the time or money I spent (well, my dad´s money).

But let´s forget about the past! I´m here now and my mentality is 100% different, I used to put excuses to why I would fail and I would always complain and blame others on my own faults. I took the decision a few months ago that it was time to change, time to become a BEAST and kill it at life, the truth is you only live once, but as a wise man said, if you do it right once is more than enough. So I´m done wasting my time complaining and whining, IT´S TIME TO TAKE ACTION.

Besides introducing myself, I wanted to ask you guys with more experience for some of that old man wisdom (just kidding, I´m sure none of you is over 30 ;))

As I see it, I basically have 3 ways to move on from here. Luckily for me, I was pretty smart growing up and didn´t waste money from presents/birthdays/etc. but saved it. With some of that money I was able to travel to Europe and visit almost all western Europe in a 3 month trip (completely changed my way of seeing things, I´m so used to this 3 world country that seeing how things should work opened my mind to endless posibilities). So, with the money I have left, I can afford to sustain myself for 8-10 months without the need to find a Slowlane job. Despite that, actually finding a Slowlane Job is not out of the options (temporarily of course).

So the 3 options I´m contemplating are the following:

1) Find a Slowlane Job to save more money for my Fastlane business (and hopefully learn a thing or two) while building skills in my free time to apply onto my business.

2) Not getting a Slowlane job but learning skills to do freelance work, then work as freelance while building my business simultaneously, using the freelance money to grow the biz.

3) No Slowlane job or Freelance, full mode into the Fastlane business, busting my a$$ and praying almighty Satan for success.

I see pros/cons for all 3 options, but I want your take on my situation. As I said, I have money to support myself for around 8 to 10 months (that is, living like a monk) and no real skills. I´m currently taking a course on Online Marketing (Adwords, SEO, Social Media Ads, etc) and I do know basic HTML/CSS. I definitely want to expand my knowledge on Website Building and I´m very interested in Copy aswell (language being my main problem here, I speak/write decent english, but it is nowhere close to native level (as you can probably tell :(). So i´m guessing going with Web Design or Marketing are my best bets for freelancing.

Anyways, sorry for the long post guys! Once again, I´m very happy to be part of this community and Id truly appreciate your opinion. :)

PS: if you need any help with Spanish, Im glad to help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hola, amigo! Buena suerte! Welcome to the family!

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hey man, I am in a very similar situation to you, but I am 20 and haven't yet finished college - and maybe I won't. If I don't stay in college I will have around 30k saved up and will be able to live for a good period of time on that.

I know that the Fastlane is not anti-college, just anti-debt. So this would seemingly put me in the clear because I most likely will not go into debt, but here is the important thing:

Why is the Fastlane anti-debt?
Because debt causes indentured servitude. Indentured servitude means that your time, your LIFE, is taken from you. What I am getting at is that we have to keep in mind that true wealth is time. That is the one thing that everyone is blessed with, and maybe that is why so many people treat it like shit (getting side-tracked). Your time, your life, is what comes first. So, what do you think will yield you the most out of what you want from life? College is seeming like it won't make a good return on my time investment right now, so I am going to drop.

The thing is, I don't believe that the masses can offer direction. I think that while most people believe they are playing it safe they are actually selling their souls to the devil. We simply cannot avoid risk. The illusion of safety is sold for the certainty of your time! I have foolishly invested so much time into finding ways to minimize financial risk without ever even thinking about what is truly at stake. I've been afraid of dropping out of college because I could end up making less money... for heaven's sake, what a brainwashed way to view things!

When I relax and open my mind, I remember that we ourselves are experiments in the grand scheme of things, whether you believe in God or just the Universe. Our parents took a risk just by having us. They rolled the dice knowing that we could have been little bastards or died at a young age. Instead, their risk paid off (I think...) and here we are - trying to discover a way to give back. As children we gave back with our smiles and our laughter. Now the world is asking us for more than that and it is so full of ways that we can give to eachother that it's overwhelming.

Indirectly, that is why we are both here - to find out how we can best give back to the world (in exchange for our freedom). It is like the Universe or God is saying "look, I got you here, so now you have to give back before I can let you out of these chains." In response, MJ is saying "I'm going to show you guys how to give back more effectively than everyone else so that you an enjoy the gift that you have been given."

I'm sorry about the long winded response. Obviously I don't know the answer, so I just thought that at least I could tell you how I approach it in terms of mindset. Maybe yours is similar.

Best of luck brother!

RisingToTheTop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 15, 2016
@MrSterlock

Thanks for your response man! I definitely agree on your view of Fastlane being anti - debt and not anti - college. The truth is education here is quite cheap compared to USA and I was lucky enough that my dad payed for all of it, but I know college debt is a big thing in America and makes students slaves to debt for a long time.

Wish you all the luck in the world!

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina

RisingToTheTop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 15, 2016
Hey! I am from Argentina too!

I recommend you checking out this thread by @Fox on html/css : https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-company-15k-per-month-within-9-months.69971/

And this one by @SinisterLex on copywriting: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ith-no-degree-no-feedback-no-portfolio.58837/

With both of these you have enough information to start doing some freelancing

We could organize a meetup here. It would be nice. I think there is another member in the forum from Argentina

Hey man, thanks a lot for your response! Im so glad to know there are other people from Argentina in the forum!

Ive read both threads you posted,and they are both truly excellent. Ive also checked a bunch of GOLD threads, all great aswell.

If you dont mind me asking, do you do freelancing? Im interested in both website building and copy, but I see language as a barrier for copy as my english is decent but nowhere near the level to write good copy, so Im inclining more for site building or marketing, what do you think?

Id love to organize a meet up with you guys, do you live in BA?

D

Deleted5250X

Hey, I'm not sure if you guys still frequent the forum, but I'm traveling to Argentina for a month in April. Would you want to meet up while I'm down there. I'm from US, but I'll be leaving my job in April and going into business myself. My first step is that I'm going to be traveling the world looking for business and investment opportunities. I've started a business doing freelancing in the past and done some web development and I'd be happy to share insights about doing business in the US. Now I'm getting into the Data Analytics and setting companies up with their own data warehouses for engineering and analytics.

Let me know if your interested and I'll give you my what's app.

fgcazares

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 26, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Saludos a todos! Vamos Argentina! Actualmente leyendo Unscripted (lei Fastlane el año pasado, luego de encontrar este foro).
Sin estudios universitarios, ya 3 intentos fallidos de empresas (casi fallidos, aprendí MUCHISIMO en esas experiencias), ahora incursionando en e-commerce :p

Les mando un abrazo a todos, no se rindan y sigan dandole durisimo :praise:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...