Chameleon
New Contributor
Hello,
I moved to UK from Italy two months ago, but as soon as i moved two really interesting prospects popped up.
I'd really appreciate if some of you could tell me what of the two options you would choose
I'd like to develop a business, but of course rent is due in 30 :/ so i'm looking for an interesting and well-paid job to get through my endeavours.
I'm 25, two master's degrees (no regrets about them), no debts/loans/family, and zero money as well :/
A) INSIDE SALES at a chemical company in Cambridge, UK
PROS
Really good team and really good training, i would learn a lot about inside sales
3300 dollars after taxes, 1800 dollars/month after rent/living expenses
CONS
It's a 9-5 job, which is going to leave me without much time to develop my business
B) MANAGER for a villa in Tuscany
My father is a real estate entrepeneur, he owns properties for small hotels, restaurants, and such.
He said that if i want, this summer i could manage one of his villas for tourists.
PROS
I could learn a lot from my father as well, and he would be really keen on doing it
I'd get around 10k after taxes in 5 months (the tourist season - "summer" - here in coastal tuscany is from April/May to September included)
I'd have a lot of time to develop my business
CONS
I would basically live with my family, which is not bad per se, but i'll be less motivated i guess
I would have no idea of what to do on winter
I'd learn a lot about management, but almost nothing about sales
Any (even little) suggestion is appreciated
Thank you for your time!
I moved to UK from Italy two months ago, but as soon as i moved two really interesting prospects popped up.
I'd really appreciate if some of you could tell me what of the two options you would choose
I'd like to develop a business, but of course rent is due in 30 :/ so i'm looking for an interesting and well-paid job to get through my endeavours.
I'm 25, two master's degrees (no regrets about them), no debts/loans/family, and zero money as well :/
A) INSIDE SALES at a chemical company in Cambridge, UK
PROS
Really good team and really good training, i would learn a lot about inside sales
3300 dollars after taxes, 1800 dollars/month after rent/living expenses
CONS
It's a 9-5 job, which is going to leave me without much time to develop my business
B) MANAGER for a villa in Tuscany
My father is a real estate entrepeneur, he owns properties for small hotels, restaurants, and such.
He said that if i want, this summer i could manage one of his villas for tourists.
PROS
I could learn a lot from my father as well, and he would be really keen on doing it
I'd get around 10k after taxes in 5 months (the tourist season - "summer" - here in coastal tuscany is from April/May to September included)
I'd have a lot of time to develop my business
CONS
I would basically live with my family, which is not bad per se, but i'll be less motivated i guess
I would have no idea of what to do on winter
I'd learn a lot about management, but almost nothing about sales
Any (even little) suggestion is appreciated
Thank you for your time!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
