- Joined
- Oct 30, 2012
- Messages
- 35
Rep Bank
$210
$210
User Power: 57%
Hello all,
yesterday I had one of my small goes come true. It was a really silly goal, but I wanted it so much!
So, as I have said, I want to have a certain expertise in Internet Marketing and I wanted some day to be able to walk into a business (small/medium/big), offer advice/consulting on internet marketing, jump all the corporate ladder and land right below the boss. Don't get me wrong, I have my own projects some already running and some being developed, I have no interest in corporate ladders and s@$t, nor it is my life goal or anything, but I just wanted to experience this and have some of my old beliefs of the slowlane completely crushed, right before my eyes.
I imagined how it would be, if this happened and what I needed for it to happen (arbitrary prerequisites). I thought "I need to be like 30 years old at least, have immense background and networking, several employees" and other BS.
This day was yesterday and I am now closing to 24 years of age and I am going to do a terrific work for this business, because I like it and because I want to earn a few money, with little time and offer great value. This means nothing to most of you for sure, but I was really happy yesterday when this happened!
I am still going on with my projects and I love it, so I am not going to do consulting for a living or anything like that. I have read here, it might become a fastlane, but I have no interest in it.
So, here is what I learned:
1) Arbitrary prerequisites are BS. Just try and learn where the boundaries stand, what "reality" really is and what are the ACTUAL prerequisites for anything, by trying it.
2) Follow up like there is no tomorrow. I didn't write it above, but I followed up 3-4 times, without a previous response. I had an appointment, the guy in charge (seasoned entrepreneur) seemed interested and then he didn't reply in one mail I sent him and an SMS I also sent him, so I called him. I followed up so much to put the concept of "follow up" to the test. I didn't care how it would be perceived, I hadn't something to lose, apart from my dignity to someone I might never see again. So practically, nothing...
3) Everything about the slowlane is BS. In this business everyone was older than me, working at least 8 hours every day and I walked in and got paid a desent amount (for my country's standards) for less time of working than they did and from my home.
4) Commitment vs Interest. I was interested in "wealth" about 1-2 years before September of 2012. I had made some completely laughable attempts, but they all went to waste, although they left me with some good lessons. I was interested, not committed and I met other interested, not committed people and we were just screwing around and wasting time together now. BS. Specifically, at September of 2012 after the nudge of my partner, I read TMF . It literally blew my mind and at that month I committed to wealth and what MJ was saying and never looked back. I didn't go for a PhD or Master and kept the money for my ventures. After 10 months of commitment I am making a few money (not bad for my country, BS for US) from our ventures and I am pretty excited and happy. There is still a loooong way to go, but I am happy and I am not a slave in a job, so I love it!
5) I was 5 years in university and I learned completely *nothing*. Zero. I would have to beg for a job and a measly wage. Now I feel in control and I can earn money by providing value, with ONLY 10 months of actual commitment and real life practicing! It is amazing!
So, that's all guys and gals, just wanted to share a tiny goal achieved that got me really happy and share what I learned from this small step. As I have said, don't get me wrong, my aim is Fastlane and I am working towards it by building money streams, I just want to earn a side-income till then to get me going!
Thanks to the forum for all the amazing information you are sharing and MJ for writing the book that changed my life!
Cheers!
yesterday I had one of my small goes come true. It was a really silly goal, but I wanted it so much!
So, as I have said, I want to have a certain expertise in Internet Marketing and I wanted some day to be able to walk into a business (small/medium/big), offer advice/consulting on internet marketing, jump all the corporate ladder and land right below the boss. Don't get me wrong, I have my own projects some already running and some being developed, I have no interest in corporate ladders and s@$t, nor it is my life goal or anything, but I just wanted to experience this and have some of my old beliefs of the slowlane completely crushed, right before my eyes.
I imagined how it would be, if this happened and what I needed for it to happen (arbitrary prerequisites). I thought "I need to be like 30 years old at least, have immense background and networking, several employees" and other BS.
This day was yesterday and I am now closing to 24 years of age and I am going to do a terrific work for this business, because I like it and because I want to earn a few money, with little time and offer great value. This means nothing to most of you for sure, but I was really happy yesterday when this happened!
I am still going on with my projects and I love it, so I am not going to do consulting for a living or anything like that. I have read here, it might become a fastlane, but I have no interest in it.
So, here is what I learned:
1) Arbitrary prerequisites are BS. Just try and learn where the boundaries stand, what "reality" really is and what are the ACTUAL prerequisites for anything, by trying it.
2) Follow up like there is no tomorrow. I didn't write it above, but I followed up 3-4 times, without a previous response. I had an appointment, the guy in charge (seasoned entrepreneur) seemed interested and then he didn't reply in one mail I sent him and an SMS I also sent him, so I called him. I followed up so much to put the concept of "follow up" to the test. I didn't care how it would be perceived, I hadn't something to lose, apart from my dignity to someone I might never see again. So practically, nothing...
3) Everything about the slowlane is BS. In this business everyone was older than me, working at least 8 hours every day and I walked in and got paid a desent amount (for my country's standards) for less time of working than they did and from my home.
4) Commitment vs Interest. I was interested in "wealth" about 1-2 years before September of 2012. I had made some completely laughable attempts, but they all went to waste, although they left me with some good lessons. I was interested, not committed and I met other interested, not committed people and we were just screwing around and wasting time together now. BS. Specifically, at September of 2012 after the nudge of my partner, I read TMF . It literally blew my mind and at that month I committed to wealth and what MJ was saying and never looked back. I didn't go for a PhD or Master and kept the money for my ventures. After 10 months of commitment I am making a few money (not bad for my country, BS for US) from our ventures and I am pretty excited and happy. There is still a loooong way to go, but I am happy and I am not a slave in a job, so I love it!
5) I was 5 years in university and I learned completely *nothing*. Zero. I would have to beg for a job and a measly wage. Now I feel in control and I can earn money by providing value, with ONLY 10 months of actual commitment and real life practicing! It is amazing!
So, that's all guys and gals, just wanted to share a tiny goal achieved that got me really happy and share what I learned from this small step. As I have said, don't get me wrong, my aim is Fastlane and I am working towards it by building money streams, I just want to earn a side-income till then to get me going!
Thanks to the forum for all the amazing information you are sharing and MJ for writing the book that changed my life!
Cheers!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
