The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Insider Call] How to Kick a$$ with Facebook Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
This thread is a gold mine! I read through it but I cant seem to find any info on where to start looking for products to sell if you have not done so already. How did you come about selling your particular product? I am open to replies form anybody and any information would be much appreciated!

thanks,
Steve

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
This thread is a gold mine! I read through it but I cant seem to find any info on where to start looking for products to sell if you have not done so already. How did you come about selling your particular product? I am open to replies form anybody and any information would be much appreciated!
thanks,
Steve

Your Welcome

By the way. The unicornfree.com article is golden

Vagabond 007

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 1, 2011
Philly Suburbs
Awesome thread!! Thanks so much to JasonR and anyone else who contributed.

JasonR, was that $2,500 day a one time thing or is that an everyday thing now?

Thanks again everyone.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
I understand how CPVlab can monitor and track ads. But can someone explain how it's able to actually do split testing on you FB campaigns? I thought this would be something done entirely in FB. I'm not understanding the system behind it.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I understand how CPVlab can monitor and track ads. But can someone explain how it's able to actually do split testing on you FB campaigns? I thought this would be something done entirely in FB. I'm not understanding the system behind it.

Are you talking about Split testing creatives? Then yes, this is done inside Facebook.

CPVLabs gives you the ability to split test as many landing pages (green arrows) and offer pages (red arrows) as you want. I've blurred out the sensitive info, obviously. Plus, you can redirect ANY campaign to a new/different landing page in two seconds. You can't do this in Facebook without creating an entirely new ad unless you have something like CPVLabs. $250 well spent.

B7pNqA4.jpg

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
Thank You Jason,

I think this is where I'm confused. The FB creative contains the url to your LP. How is CPVlab able to change the LP if the LP url is contained in the FB creative?

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
I believe the url that you submit with the FB ad will be the tracking link provided by CPVlab and CPVlab will redirect accordingly with the share % weight specified to the appropriate landing page url that you set up during campaign creation. If you check out the video on the CPVlab website, you should see where to get that campaign url. It is provided on the campaign creation page at the bottom before 'Step 1: Edit Landing Pages Offer Links'.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
The FB creative will contain a url given by the CPVLab, and then the software will rotate it to whatever you want to. That way you don't need to change the FB Link, only the redirection on the CPVLab platform.

Also, if you're thinking of going with CPVLab, check this: http://cpvlab.com/forusers/Facebook_and_POF_with_CPV_Lab.pdf

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
Thanks Gents,

Currently on Module 5 of Traffic BB, and I couldn't understand the reason behind this.
Now it makes perfect sense. And I'm assuming the 'Offer' is simply the page the prospect goes to when they click the CTA button on the LP (which is where they pull out their credit card)?

FreeMan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Nov 26, 2012
NSW, Australia
Thanks @JasonR. Just read through this awesome thread! Some fantastic info here. Rep transfer +

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm assuming the 'Offer' is simply the page the prospect goes to when they click the CTA button on the LP (which is where they pull out their credit card)?

Yes.

Many affiliate marketers use CPVLabs, so they call it an offer page. But you can own the offer, of course.

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
I created 2 campaigns a couple of days ago and for some reason my ads have been delivered really, really slow.

I'm talking about 3-5 impressions per hour.

I'm bidding over the suggested margin, I haven't reached my daily spend cap, my potential audience consists of about 4 Million people, my ad sets are set to run continuously from the start date.

I have deleted all my campaigns and created them again to no avail, I'm confused...

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
Bid $5.00 CPC.

Make sure your audience is larger than 10,000.

@JasonR First of all thank you for your suggestion.

The good news:

My ad was delivered almost immediately

The bad news:

My CPC is at $2.5 right now, I need to get cheaper clicks.
Facebook suggested to bid from .16 to .32 so I placed my max bid at .50 but it wouldn't start delivering my ads.

Why was this bidding suggestion so off? How would you correct this?

Thanks

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Holy crap. $2.50 CPC!? You're definitely doing something wrong...

I usually kill ads under a 2% CTR if i'm bidding CPC. Your CPC may be wayyyy low.

Something is definitely off.

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
@JasonR First of all thank you for your suggestion.

The good news:

My ad was delivered almost immediately

The bad news:

My CPC is at $2.5 right now, I need to get cheaper clicks.
Facebook suggested to bid from .16 to .32 so I placed my max bid at .50 but it wouldn't start delivering my ads.

Why was this bidding suggestion so off? How would you correct this?

Thanks

Bid is one thing but what was your budget on the campaign?

It's been a couple years now since I've bought media on FB (I do all of my media buying on mobile now) but when I was buying there heavily, campaign budget had a pretty big impact on ad delivery.

If your budget is low, odds are you won't get your ad served (at least I didn't when I was buying there).

Hope that helps!

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
I created 2 campaigns a couple of days ago and for some reason my ads have been delivered really, really slow.
I'm talking about 3-5 impressions per hour.
I'm bidding over the suggested margin, I haven't reached my daily spend cap, my potential audience consists of about 4 Million people, my ad sets are set to run continuously from the start date.
I have deleted all my campaigns and created them again to no avail, I'm confused...

yeah.. I dont get it either.. happens to me all the time... why I gave up with Facebook

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
QUESTION:

Any point in buying likes to your facebook page other than to "get the numbers up" to look better so people dont see a page with "4" likes?

Is there a marketing or ROI point to buying likes directly?

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky
Last edited by a moderator:

Ellie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 19, 2013
Do NOT buy (fake) likes, period. It will KILL your engagement numbers, meaning your posts will never be seen by real people due to FBs algorithm. You will have to buy ads to reach your followers in the long run if you buy fake likes. Even prices of normal ads will be driven up due to low engagement.This is something you'll never be able to recover from.

And even when you purchase the likes from Facebook, only use them RARELY and in SMALL QUANTITIES for the same reason. There are more than a few like bots out there, and while you'll be way more real likes than #1, you'll still have a decent number of fakes.

Last edited:

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Do you think right side ads or desktop newsfeed ads have a better ROI on average?

I get MUCH more clicks on newsfeed but it seems that those people just "like" the post and "share" but dont buy for me.. only right side ads convert but so few people click on those as they are obviously ads

your thoughts?

Jimbo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Sep 1, 2013
Jason, how do you track CPC from FB on CPV labs? I've just installed it and got my campaigns running but can't for the life of me figure it out.

If Jason or anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great! The info I've read elsewhere states that it's not possible but I've seen Jason has a screenshot where it shows his CPC being tracked and therefore an accurate ROI displays in CPV labs. Whats the secret!?

Thanks! :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Jason, how do you track CPC from FB on CPV labs? I've just installed it and got my campaigns running but can't for the life of me figure it out.

If Jason or anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great! The info I've read elsewhere states that it's not possible but I've seen Jason has a screenshot where it shows his CPC being tracked and therefore an accurate ROI displays in CPV labs. Whats the secret!?

Thanks! :)

I don't know the answer and I'm sure Jason will chime in but just wanted to suggest searching YouTube for the answer. I've installed cpvlab recently and learning all the ins and out via YouTube tutorials.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
What is the best way to boost an Ad?

I'm testing some ads and I think I've found a good one I'd like to give it the max exposure.
My bid is at 0.80, I'm paying 0.04-0.05 and FB suggested is around 0.4-0.8 .

I think I need to go to a broader audience, currently it is only 50k: 28-34 y.old with interest on my product category and from my country.

I'm thinking of dropping the interest on the product category as it's something almost everyone has and buys. Any thoughts?

I'm also testing other age ranges but this one got the best results so far, although the other ads haven't seen much exposure yet, it's taking some time for them to kick-off and I'm bidding high, maybe I should bump my bid even further?

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
I'm paying 0.04-0.05
if you are only paying 0.04 - when you drop filters, usually the price goes down, so - what do you have to lose? keep an eye on your spend & your analytics and try it for a few days.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Phones

If you're making money with this age group, then test broad and see if you can still profit. Keep in mind that Portugal is much smaller than the US so you can't expect the same amount of traffic as most guys here. They can use narrow targeting and still have 200k people to target, you have to go broader in order to reach as many people as possible.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
@TedM Agree, my only concert is not converting that well. 16-28 range isn't looking that good for now, will let it run until 3-4 times the target CPA. I just added a new ad and removed the product interest. Let's see how it goes.

I need to get some new images to test, my CTR is really bad, below 2%

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Any point in buying likes to your facebook page other than to "get the numbers up" to look better so people dont see a page with "4" likes?

Is there a marketing or ROI point to buying likes directly?

If you have very little likes, running a like campaign isn't a terrible idea, but don't do it for too long or too much. It won't get you sales, but it will get you a little bit of easy social proof.

Is anyone experiencing high bounce rates with mobile feed ads?

Yes, that is pretty standard with mobile. I do know people have been successful with mobile campaigns. However, split test mobile and desktop. What works for one may very well not work with another.

As of now, CPV won't grab the CPC data from Facebook. You'll have to calculate this manually, and enter the value.

What is the best way to boost an Ad?

I'm testing some ads and I think I've found a good one I'd like to give it the max exposure.
My bid is at 0.80, I'm paying 0.04-0.05 and FB suggested is around 0.4-0.8 .

So hard to help you when I don't anything about your product or market. I usually create Dark Posts (Newsfeed ads that don't appear on my page) through the Ad manager or power editor. I don't boost any regular posts.

@Phones - this is a learning process. I've made great ROI at under 2% CTR, but I was using Optimized CPM. Your demo is very young - they spend less online and click even less than older demos.

Keep it mind, I like to play in big, BIG markets that appeals to a huge audience. I don't like niche markets all that much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.