- Joined
- Oct 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
$1,255
User Power: 28%
Are there any successful infopreneurs? I'm not sure if I'm describing what I mean
properly or not. Perhaps the specifics of my idea would help. I'll try and make it short...
I have aspirations to learn a few types of investing. Currently, I have someone willing to
mentor me a bit in real estate. Mentor is willing to finance a few new small deals with
my involvement, in order to show me the ropes firsthand. The catch: to learn some
landlording, I will have to assist in landlording several residential properties and one
commercial, free of charge. The length of this has not been determined yet. In addition,
there are two vacancies that must be filled (ongoing issue I was told) in order to
increase cashflow and justify new ventures. This too would be my responsibility, as well
as any rehab/construction work.
My only issue is that I can't devote the time needed for this and still survive. I will
have to quit my day job. I'm young, no family, and my expenses are low with low debt.
I'm trying to find a way to supplement my income in some way. I thought of making a
few websites, mostly informational, to generate income from (hence infopreneur). My
monetizing methods would be ads and affiliates. The biggest hurdle is what problem am
I solving for people? The only solution that I see from providing a site like this is
providing people with a plethora of high quality, in depth information. Basically I see it
as creating an environment where a person researching on the internet has found a
website that fullfils their needs for certain topic....no need to search elsewhere, other
than linked sites.
Am I missing something here? I've known a few people who have been successful at
this, but my opinion is that it all depends on your niche and knowledge of your niche.
Could my energy be better used in something else? Are there any other problems I
could assist people with from a site like this?
properly or not. Perhaps the specifics of my idea would help. I'll try and make it short...
I have aspirations to learn a few types of investing. Currently, I have someone willing to
mentor me a bit in real estate. Mentor is willing to finance a few new small deals with
my involvement, in order to show me the ropes firsthand. The catch: to learn some
landlording, I will have to assist in landlording several residential properties and one
commercial, free of charge. The length of this has not been determined yet. In addition,
there are two vacancies that must be filled (ongoing issue I was told) in order to
increase cashflow and justify new ventures. This too would be my responsibility, as well
as any rehab/construction work.
My only issue is that I can't devote the time needed for this and still survive. I will
have to quit my day job. I'm young, no family, and my expenses are low with low debt.
I'm trying to find a way to supplement my income in some way. I thought of making a
few websites, mostly informational, to generate income from (hence infopreneur). My
monetizing methods would be ads and affiliates. The biggest hurdle is what problem am
I solving for people? The only solution that I see from providing a site like this is
providing people with a plethora of high quality, in depth information. Basically I see it
as creating an environment where a person researching on the internet has found a
website that fullfils their needs for certain topic....no need to search elsewhere, other
than linked sites.
Am I missing something here? I've known a few people who have been successful at
this, but my opinion is that it all depends on your niche and knowledge of your niche.
Could my energy be better used in something else? Are there any other problems I
could assist people with from a site like this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
