The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Infinite banking concept / Indexed universal life insurance

Anything related to investing, including crypto

datsun672

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 6, 2022
Hi,

Just joined the forum and halfway through the fastlane book. Very excited about what i've read so far. I know it's going to get better as I read more into it.

I recently just found out about this Infinite banking concept / Indexed universal life insurance. Seems to good to be true. My understanding is pick your death benefits amount, pay the monthly, when your payments mature take out a loan against it and either back it back or it get's subtracted from the death benefit amount.

Does anyone have a policy like this? Pros, cons?

Thx!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Greg Behnke

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 22, 2012
Scottsdale Arizona
I have one. It's fantastic for growing a savings pot and getting upside of market without the downside. Another tool the rich use to hide money.

datsun672

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 6, 2022
I have one. It's fantastic for growing a savings pot and getting upside of market without the downside. Another tool the rich use to hide money.
Thank you.

What are the cons of using it? From the minimum research I did, you cannot take money out until it grows which can be years. If you take out a loan ou technically have to repay the loan back if the policy doesn't allow to withdraw from the death benefit.

How do you create the policy with minimum fees? Basically I am trying to be my own bank so I'm very interested in this sytem.

Greg Behnke

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
May 22, 2012
Scottsdale Arizona
Thank you.

What are the cons of using it? From the minimum research I did, you cannot take money out until it grows which can be years. If you take out a loan ou technically have to repay the loan back if the policy doesn't allow to withdraw from the death benefit.

How do you create the policy with minimum fees? Basically I am trying to be my own bank so I'm very interested in this sytem.
I’m no expert on it nor have any financial interest on it nor do I give financial advice. Having said that, downside is that it’s takes 5-7 years to essentially be back to even. Upside is after that it’s a double compounding. Downside could be you can’t make the payments anymore and relinquish the policy and lose all the cash value. I consider it a good place to store cash, safe from creditors, an emergency fund, and opportunity fund through forced savings. These products are very heavy commissioned biased in first two years which why It takes time to recover plus you are forgoing opportunity cost of using initial lost money to commission up front.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

datsun672

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 6, 2022
I’m no expert on it nor have any financial interest on it nor do I give financial advice. Having said that, downside is that it’s takes 5-7 years to essentially be back to even. Upside is after that it’s a double compounding. Downside could be you can’t make the payments anymore and relinquish the policy and lose all the cash value. I consider it a good place to store cash, safe from creditors, an emergency fund, and opportunity fund through forced savings. These products are very heavy commissioned biased in first two years which why It takes time to recover plus you are forgoing opportunity cost of using initial lost money to commission up front.
Thank you, i'm going to look more into it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.