The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

MakMac

New Contributor
Jun 19, 2019
120 Employees at say $50,000 each and 20% load is $12M over 2 years.
fwiw I think that's high. They likely have around 80 stateside at best, with rest in Philippines
I agree. I am trying to produce a high estimate of out-of-pocket expenditures to get a conservative estimate of site owners missing cash.

We have a number of contractors in the thread who could weigh in on the total number of staff and compensation rates.

Do tell all...get in on the fun of counting all the missing cash! :D

Do we know where in the Philippines...I know a site owner there right now. ;)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

ISWhistleblower

New Contributor
Dec 14, 2019
I work for Income Store in the digital marketing department and I found this forum because I was looking for more information about the current situation of the company.

Something is not right. The managers are cancelling the meetings, the tools I’m working with are no longer working because of no payment and our contractors stopped delivering any new content more than a month ago.

The traffic on the websites I manage abruptly declined and no one shake a leg. Few days ago they moved some of the websites on new servers, canceled the credentials and didn't issue new ones so basically now I don't have any work to do.

Things don’t look good at all here.

Last week I finally received my paycheck after multiple delays but I think is the last one and I’m already searching for a new employer. I'm frustrated with this company and I have multiple proofs the managers lie to me.

MakMac

New Contributor
Jun 19, 2019
I work for Income Store in the digital marketing department and I found this forum because I was looking for more information about the current situation of the company.

Something is not right. The managers are cancelling the meetings, the tools I’m working with are no longer working because of no payment and our contractors stopped delivering any new content more than a month ago.

The traffic on the websites I manage abruptly declined and no one shake a leg. Few days ago they moved some of the websites on new servers, canceled the credentials and didn't issue new ones so basically now I don't have any work to do.

Last week I finally received my paycheck after multiple delays but I think is the last one and I’m already searching for a new employer. I'm frustrated with this company and I have multiple proofs the managers lie to me.
Do you know how many internal and contract staff they have used over the last year?

ISWhistleblower

New Contributor
Dec 14, 2019
Do you know how many internal and contract staff they have used over the last year?
We are 125 full-time employees here. Don’t know too much about contractors.. There are 2 companies overseas and few dozens freelancers, bloggers, influencers..

MakMac

New Contributor
Jun 19, 2019
We are 125 full-time employees here. Don’t know too much about contractors.. There are 2 companies overseas and few dozens freelancers, bloggers, influencers..
And for core staff like yourself...would you estimate the average annualized salary was more or less than $50,000?

UnrealCreative

Be not ye the bondservant of man.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan

Username checks out.

ISContactor

PARKED
Dec 16, 2019

I am a contractor for Income Store and they stopped paying us 4 weeks ago. We are owed tens of thousands of dollars. When we’ve asked for our pay we’ve been met with awful attitudes from the execs and owners. Kerry Courtright was particularly nasty. She threatened to sue one of us for slander and stalking. Nice lady.

There are more than 100 contractors in the SEO Content division. It’s lovely.

Tiffany Clark

New Contributor
Dec 17, 2019
I was a contracted writer with Income Store. They were a month behind in paying us, and the communication from the company was terrible. However, last week, Ken contacted me personally and asked to reach out to other people on the team. As of 12/17, we've been paid. Some people are awaiting full payment due to a Paypal issue limiting the company's cash flow (Paypal does this sometimes if you send too much money in one day).

What I know is that for many years, this was a company that treated its employees and contractors very well and paid on time. I loved the work I did for them. I hope they get their issues ironed out so that we can all get back to enjoying our work there once again.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm curious how many of these new accounts are Income Store employees/owners/investors trying to put a positive spin on things...

transient

New Contributor
Dec 5, 2019
Some of them were what I would guess is real and just got edited later on. They were initially straight complaints. They just got paid finally so now they have incentive to not help sink the ship. Then again they if they were content writers on my payroll I know what content I'd pay them to write ;)

GraceLoveJoy

New Contributor
Dec 22, 2019
Some of them were what I would guess is real and just got edited later on.
Makes sense because I could swear yesterday the average star rating was 4.5 on Glassdoor and today it dropped to 4.4 ... without any new reviews if you sort by recent..

Tiffany Clark

New Contributor
Dec 17, 2019
Some of them were what I would guess is real and just got edited later on. They were initially straight complaints. They just got paid finally so now they have incentive to not help sink the ship. Then again they if they were content writers on my payroll I know what content I'd pay them to write ;)
It's not like that. Contracted writers (I'm one of them) got paid what was due us but we're no longer contracted with the company and have no expectation of being contracted anytime in the near future. If reviews are being inflated, I promise you it's not by us. To suggest that writers are being paid to leave good reviews is patently false. Note that unlike many people here, including you, I'm transparently participating in this discussion in my own name. I'm easy to find. Feel free to find me and question my credibility.

transient

New Contributor
Dec 5, 2019
It's not like that. Contracted writers (I'm one of them) got paid what was due us but we're no longer contracted with the company and have no expectation of being contracted anytime in the near future. If reviews are being inflated, I promise you it's not by us. To suggest that writers are being paid to leave good reviews is patently false. Note that unlike many people here, including you, I'm transparently participating in this discussion in my own name. I'm easy to find. Feel free to find me and question my credibility.
I mean you certainly can't speak for what all writers are doing. No more than I can speak for what any writer is actually doing. I made it clear my post was just conjecture. There was a misunderstanding anyway as I was trying to talk about the posts on this thread that got edited once the people got paid. At least one has been edited. As to glassdoor, a slew of positive reviews got posted a while ago which bumped the negative reviews off the front page. Can I prove who wrote those reviews? No but the timing is interesting. It's good that you behave with integrity. Not everyone does. I certainly try to.

Tiffany Clark

New Contributor
Dec 17, 2019
I mean you certainly can't speak for what all writers are doing. No more than I can speak for what any writer is actually doing. I made it clear my post was just conjecture. There was a misunderstanding anyway as I was trying to talk about the posts on this thread that got edited once the people got paid. At least one has been edited. As to glassdoor, a slew of positive reviews got posted a while ago which bumped the negative reviews off the front page. Can I prove who wrote those reviews? No but the timing is interesting. It's good that you behave with integrity. Not everyone does. I certainly try to.
I can absolutely speak for all writers on this, which is what I was referring to: no writers are getting paid to post reviews on Glassdoor. Period. The company is over.

MakMac

New Contributor
Jun 19, 2019
I can absolutely speak for all writers on this, which is what I was referring to: no writers are getting paid to post reviews on Glassdoor. Period. The company is over.
The Company is OVER -- is news. Ken Courtright is claiming just a temporary work around situation.

Tiffany Clark

New Contributor
Dec 17, 2019
Google is a wonderful tool. I suggest you guys go play with it and see what you find. Try a few search terms like "income store" and SEC and receivership.

UnrealCreative

Be not ye the bondservant of man.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock