The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

in car portable air conditioner

Justin1999111710

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 3, 2015
Long Island New York
As I was sitting in my hot car "working" waiting for food delivery orders which I do for hours every day I was listening to the audiobook of "unscripted ". I was up to the part about fixing an "I hate it when...... problem. As I sat there sweating not wanting to wast gas by turning the car on. I realized I hate it when I'm parked in the shade with the windows open and it's still hot in the car. So with just the supplies laying here in my car I solved the problem. I took my styrofoam cooler that I use to keep my water cold cut a round whole in it put a small USB fan in the whole plugged it in to my portable cell phone charger messed around with the airflow dynamics and now I'm chilling I a cool car. I think this would be a great device for Uber drivers and people that spend a lot of time in there parked car. I would like to hear feedback of what other people think of my "invention"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
As I was sitting in my hot car "working" waiting for food delivery orders which I do for hours every day I was listening to the audiobook of "unscripted ". I was up to the part about fixing an "I hate it when...... problem. As I sat there sweating not wanting to wast gas by turning the car on. I realized I hate it when I'm parked in the shade with the windows open and it's still hot in the car. So with just the supplies laying here in my car I solved the problem. I took my styrofoam cooler that I use to keep my water cold cut a round whole in it put a small USB fan in the whole plugged it in to my portable cell phone charger messed around with the airflow dynamics and now I'm chilling I a cool car. I think this would be a great device for Uber drivers and people that spend a lot of time in there parked car. I would like to hear feedback of what other people think of my "invention"

A couple things, first you would need to have ice and cold water all the time. Second, it would only work if it's not humid.

Lastly, you should run the numbers and see if just running your car with the AC on would actually cost less in gas than making this device and buy ice cubes.

Here is a bunch of other people who made what you just did: Can You Really Beat the Heat With a $20, D-I-Y Air Conditioner? (We Give It a Try)

Justin1999111710

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 3, 2015
Long Island New York
A couple things, first you would need to have ice and cold water all the time. Second, it would only work if it's not humid.

Lastly, you should run the numbers and see if just running your car with the AC on would actually cost less in gas than making this device and buy ice cubes.

Here is a bunch of other people who made what you just did: Can You Really Beat the Heat With a $20, D-I-Y Air Conditioner? (We Give It a Try)
Thanks the video was cool

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
While on holiday, I hated to drive the car (while +40°C) with a sweaty back. Even with airco on freezing mode, my back was always warm. And I was just wearing a tshirt. So there must be people in a suit having this problem also.

So the idea of a "back cooler" came into mind. No idea how it would work, but it would be something I would buy if I lived in a warm country.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
New cars have cooling seats. Fan / airflow on your back and bottom.
Really awesome!

Maybe you could sell aftermarket cooling seats?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
It's a stupid idea. You're trying to fix a problem that few people have (they just run A/C), it's inferior to A/C, takes a lot of space, and the few people that don't have working A/C are cheapskates that can't afford a half decent car. Instead of leaving to go on a trip I'd have to stay home and spend five minutes filling a bucket full of ice. Most refrigerators don't have large capacity either.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
This company has a KS running right now for something similar:
Zero Breeze - The World’s Coolest Portable Air Conditioner

Just because someone is doing it doesn't mean you shouldn't. As alluded to in Unscripted , skew your product attributes to make it better.

If you could build something effective and lightweight, you may be able to win with those who own very old classic cars or race-ready vehicles. Check out robs radiator shirt at 3:10:
View: https://youtu.be/WDRW-nrlep0

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.