The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Implementing 80/20 principle with marketing question

Marketing, social media, advertising

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hi everyone so I had a question about implementing the 80/20 principle in app marketing. So after I read this book it was talking about how to do tasks that will give you the most output with the least input, and as I have read this other book called How to build a billion dollar app it showed a chart, and on the page it had a section called

"How will users find your app?"

And it had these options:

App store search - 63%
Friends/Family - 50%
App store top charts - 34%
Pre-installed apps - 20%
Social - 19%
Websites - General - 16%
Web search - 14%
Websites - blog - 7%

With these stats would you recommend that I focus on the first 2 options as they will yield the best results and not worry about the others?

Before I read this book I signed up for a couple of forums to advertise my app, so the idea was that I help other people on the forum answer their questions, build a reputation, then post my app so I don't just blatantly spam. Would you say this is a waste of time?

Also a question on the side, my app is currently been built by a developer, and its getting there I believe soon it could be ready to enter the app store/google play store, my question is what do I do with the time in-between? I have already planned out what I want, so all the features will be ready, I do a bit of forum posts like mentioned above, but regarding this I don't know how else to fill my time. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Hi everyone so I had a question about implementing the 80/20 principle in app marketing. So after I read this book it was talking about how to do tasks that will give you the most output with the least input, and as I have read this other book called How to build a billion dollar app it showed a chart, and on the page it had a section called

"How will users find your app?"

And it had these options:

App store search - 63%
Friends/Family - 50%
App store top charts - 34%
Pre-installed apps - 20%
Social - 19%
Websites - General - 16%
Web search - 14%
Websites - blog - 7%

With these stats would you recommend that I focus on the first 2 options as they will yield the best results and not worry about the others?

Before I read this book I signed up for a couple of forums to advertise my app, so the idea was that I help other people on the forum answer their questions, build a reputation, then post my app so I don't just blatantly spam. Would you say this is a waste of time?

Also a question on the side, my app is currently been built by a developer, and its getting there I believe soon it could be ready to enter the app store/google play store, my question is what do I do with the time in-between? I have already planned out what I want, so all the features will be ready, I do a bit of forum posts like mentioned above, but regarding this I don't know how else to fill my time. Thanks.
Who's your audience?

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
It just seems really broad. I also get the feeling your lacking something. Like, usually, if you have an idea to solve a problem (from what your customers have told you), you should have an idea on where to market.

Do you have an idea and a plan?

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I see wh
It just seems really broad. I also get the feeling your lacking something. Like, usually, if you have an idea to solve a problem (from what your customers have told you), you should have an idea on where to market.

Do you have an idea and a plan?
I see what you mean, but I haven't spoken to any customers. My goal is to provide value, and am doing that by making an app that is different to the ones on the app/google store.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Do you have the problem your trying to fix?

Some others chime in here!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.