The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Uncertain and Afraid

Anything related to matters of the mind

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
So for those that don't know me, I joined this amazing forum as while ago after getting my hands on MFL 4 years ago. I read most of it and thought "this sounds like what I've needed let's do it!". Bouncing around ideas for a bit with no real execution. I got as far as moving on an idea, made a website landing page, and started cold calling businesses in the niche. I was exercising regularly and feeling really motivated. Then my dad got sick, I got cold feet and stopped dead in my tracks.

Fast forward 4 years. Up until now, I was faking it, I thought I was happy but in reality, all I was doing was getting high and pretending everything was okay. Moved 1000kms to be with my partner, changed careers, failed at being an apprentice chef, nearly had a breakdown, felt depressed and slowly tried to recover. Now I work in finance and my job has an expiration date.

I recently realised that I needed to try again. I'm back I'm ready and through reading the MFL again and Jorden Peterson's 12 rules for life, humbled and realising I need to take responsibility for life. But I'm afraid of the unknown and uncertain about the action I've been taken. I know I need to work myself so I've been reading every day, working out (not as often as I need to) and for the first time ever meditating.

I've been listening to business podcasts (Nick Bradley and recently Andy Frisella) and plotting out my weeks to ensure I'm taking small actions each day.
But man it's like there is something primal in my mind that tells me "what you are doing is dangerous, this isn't going to work". And more recently as I've had uncertainty around my endeavours this voice has gotten louder.

I made this thread to get the thoughts out of my head and to quantify them, to get feedback from others on this life path and to stay humble.
All I want to do is be a better version of myself for me, for my future wife, and my slowlane family.

So I struggle forward, repeating to myself: Be Grateful, Be Brave, Be Faithful and Show Up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Do you have some realistic idea that you wish to start with?

eg At school Branson wanted to set up and own a Student Magazine because none at the time were written with articles by young people aimed at what young people were interested in.

ie He simply saw something that already existed and determined that with a tweak (value skew) he would be onto something.

Pretty realistic goal which led to all sorts of opportunities later on.

In a time of instant information the tendency is to overload on it.

Maybe ditch all the podcasts and self help books.

MJ wrote in a thread the best book is the one you need right now.

Take some baby steps and each step is a win.

Dan

PS; Make sure future wife understands and supports your aim.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I'm proud of you @SmoothFranko. It takes a lot of guts to speak up and own that you haven't been living up to your true potential.

@Stargazer has it bang on. You have all you need to get started with MFL. It's very easy to look outwards and get overwhelmed by all the opportunities and potential obstacles.

It's time to get your blinkers on. Find the one thing that you can do that would make a difference and meets the CENTS criteria and hone in on it. Set yourself big goals and baby step goals to get yourself moving.

Your post shows you have the guts and determination to do this. I look forward to seeing you in the fastlane.

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Do you have some realistic idea that you wish to start with?

eg At school Branson wanted to set up and own a Student Magazine because none at the time were written with articles by young people aimed at what young people were interested in.

ie He simply saw something that already existed and determined that with a tweak (value skew) he would be onto something.

Pretty realistic goal which led to all sorts of opportunities later on.

In a time of instant information the tendency is to overload on it.

Maybe ditch all the podcasts and self help books.

MJ wrote in a thread the best book is the one you need right now.

Take some baby steps and each step is a win.

Dan

PS; Make sure future wife understands and supports your aim.
Thanks for replying Stargazer. Ive detailed my endevours over here https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-barking-up-the-wrong-tree.92357/#post-837660

I get what you mean, Im about halfway through Unscripted . Andys podcast MFCEO has been really good and honestly just reinforces what Ive read in @MJ DeMarco great book. He does talk alot about following your passion which concerned me but he put it in the context of providing value.

While what I am working on could easily been seen as a passion project (im not denying it currently violates some of CENTS) I am creating and providing value and looking at how I can make it align with those tenents.

My fiance and I talked at length last night about this and it really helped. Listened to an episode of MFCEO that talked about how everyone has doubts and they never go away. But the important thing is how long you dwell on them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
I'm proud of you @SmoothFranko. It takes a lot of guts to speak up and own that you haven't been living up to your true potential.

@Stargazer has it bang on. You have all you need to get started with MFL. It's very easy to look outwards and get overwhelmed by all the opportunities and potential obstacles.

It's time to get your blinkers on. Find the one thing that you can do that would make a difference and meets the CENTS criteria and hone in on it. Set yourself big goals and baby step goals to get yourself moving.

Your post shows you have the guts and determination to do this. I look forward to seeing you in the fastlane.
Thanks Imgal, I really appreciate your sentiment. It wasnt easy but needed to be done. I need to document this stuff for self-reflection and to keep myself humble and open to growth.

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
Hey, just the the mindset and the switch on your take on things, realizing the issues is a HUGE step forward. It only would be dangerous if you don´t follow the steps as you need to. Get the idea, put the idea to work and reach out for anything you need.
You got it bro.
Best of luck to you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.