The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Frustrated & Uncertain. Should I Quit or Persevere?

A post of a ranting nature...

ConstantineKA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2023
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I'm 34 and I'm an international trade agent/broker/intermediary/consultant. Been doing this business for over 2 years with my current partner. My partner and I are tight, bring skills which complement each other, and we're both committed to making our business successful and growing it further. Even though we haven't made any money in that time we have worked hard, and almost closed several multi figure deals. But after two years of constant trial & error & inevitable failure I feel like we are back to square one. Currently things have been dead or close to it for the last two months. I don't know if we simply haven't found the right people to do business with or whether we're just too small time for this game. I'm starting to feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. When I first started, I thought we would have closed 1 deal and made some money by now. But still nothing. I feel stuck. Part of me feels like we're just spinning our wheels in the mud going nowhere, and that I should quit. The other part of me feels like we just need to hang around on a little longer, as I am aware that businesses can take 1-3 or 3-5 years or more to become successful and self-sufficient.

I'm not sure whether I want encouragement or discouragement. I just feel lost & stuck, and that life is passing me by with no progress in life whatsoever, and that there never will be. I feel doomed to be eternally stuck where I am. Don't if its just me or the times. I feel like I should have been something by now. Not sure what to do. Guess I just want to know if other people are going through the same thing, & if they did what they did, or what circumstances changed for them to succeed in their business? Or if not, when did they decide to quit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Providence

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Oct 21, 2020
Zambia
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I'm 34 and I'm an international trade agent/broker/intermediary/consultant. Been doing this business for over 2 years with my current partner. My partner and I are tight, bring skills which complement each other, and we're both committed to making our business successful and growing it further. Even though we haven't made any money in that time we have worked hard, and almost closed several multi figure deals. But after two years of constant trial & error & inevitable failure I feel like we are back to square one. Currently things have been dead or close to it for the last two months. I don't know if we simply haven't found the right people to do business with or whether we're just too small time for this game. I'm starting to feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. When I first started, I thought we would have closed 1 deal and made some money by now. But still nothing. I feel stuck. Part of me feels like we're just spinning our wheels in the mud going nowhere, and that I should quit. The other part of me feels like we just need to hang around on a little longer, as I am aware that businesses can take 1-3 or 3-5 years or more to become successful and self-sufficient.

I'm not sure whether I want encouragement or discouragement. I just feel lost & stuck, and that life is passing me by with no progress in life whatsoever, and that there never will be. I feel doomed to be eternally stuck where I am. Don't if its just me or the times. I feel like I should have been something by now. Not sure what to do. Guess I just want to know if other people are going through the same thing, & if they did what they did, or what circumstances changed for them to succeed in their business? Or if not, when did they decide to quit?
It's kinda a late reply...lol

But, it's always darkest before dawn.

Mr. Tycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Mar 6, 2014
London ,UK
Hi guys, I'm new here.

yes, that's a normal feeling... but, YOU NEVER QUIT

you can change the business but YOU NEVER QUIT!!

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
It depends on your definition of "quit."

"Quit" and go back to a job? Nah.
"Quit" this project and find something else? Probably.

The market is pretty quick to tell you if what you're offering is trash. Maybe it's the idea itself, maybe it's your offer. Maybe the international audience(s) simply don't like you and your partner. Either way, if you've tried every option you have, and you still haven't made a single dime in 2+ years, then yeah, I'd say you're probably safe to move on.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...