The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm leaving

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Should we organize a search party?
No need to.
I'm here to face the fact that I flaked not even 100 miles from my house.

I've let ya'll down, and that's why I haven't logged in since the beginning of December.
I would tell the story but it'd be filled with excuses. I had everything lined up, housing, food, transportation, even a job. But I let my fears hold me back, I let my fears turn the car around.

I Apologize to everyone who wished me luck, and offered to meet-up.

-A

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
No need to.
I'm here to face the fact that I flaked not even 100 miles from my house.

I've let ya'll down, and that's why I haven't logged in since the beginning of December.
I would tell the story but it'd be filled with excuses. I had everything lined up, housing, food, transportation, even a job. But I let my fears hold me back, I let my fears turn the car around.

I Apologize to everyone who wished me luck, and offered to meet-up.

-A

List the fears here in bullet point format. We'll help you fight through them, or work out a way so that next time they're not a hurdle.

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
I did something similar where I just up and moved 9 months ago.

A leap into the unknown—away from friends and family. I packed my car with all my belongings and said my goodbyes. Just me and the road.

Scariest thing I've done in my life.

But, you know what? It was the turning point that changed everything. God knows what I would have missed out on if I hadn't taken that chance.

Now? I've never been happier and I've found my purpose.

I hope the same for you.

Push through the discomfort. All the jewels and gold are waiting for you on the other side.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Sorry to be a ball-breaker but, stop making audacious and unrealistic goals.

I'm not saying any of this to attack you personally (since I don't know you) so don't misconstrue any of my criticism in this post. All the things I'm saying relate to your mindset and lack of action.

I get that you're still just a kid, but if you want to make a real change in your life then step up and make a change. Enough bullshitting yourself.

No one should be surprised that you backed out of this!

You've been a member since March 2014 and you've shown a pattern of action-faking and mindset struggles. I'd tell you to get some cojones and take action but really you need to get your head straight first. Actions will just fail unless you're thinking clearly.

I believe your patterns just shows that you don't know yourself or what you're capable of. At your age, this is probably normal to not yet know who you are or what you want to be, but accept it and own it instead of pretending you've got it figured out. Sure, you 'want' to be that guy who can follow through, just like you 'want' to be an entrepreneur. But you're not. Yeah, you're certainly not the first person like this here on the forum, but let's call a spade a spade when we see them, ok?

You've made threads about 'Losing the mindset', and wanted to delete your 'Like minded Travelling' thread "...due to lost of interest in the industry. I didn't even try, but found another interest..." Hell you even made a thread called "Trying to change from all talk to all show". What happened with that one? You also started a progress thread about custom painted shoes that went dead after two weeks...

See your pattern yet, or do I need to go on?

You're still 'event' focused rather than 'process' focused. You need to get real with yourself and change or give up and go back to the sidewalk.

There was nothing stopping you from heading out and taking your journey across the country. You said that fear made you turn the car around after only 100 miles. Really? 100 F*cking miles and you gave up? Geezuz...you didn't even wait for the sun to set before getting home sick sand turning around.

I question if you even stepped foot out the door. Why? In one thread you claimed that your biggest fear was being homeless. With this journey you'd be setting yourself up for an uncertain future. Unless you had the resolve and mindset to grind it out and make shit happen while on the road, homelessness could have been a possibility. Face it, you don't have the attitude or courage for this. You can learn it, but right now you don't have it.

As recently as July you made a "Can't believe it" thread where you were going through a tons if challenges in your life and were at an all time low. You said "At the time I thought when I turn 18 i'd be living like a king, driving Ferrari's, Cruising on my boat."

Please tell me you didn't just say that...

Ugh...

You had already been on the forum for over a year but were still exhibiting the money-chasing, slowlane, mindset. You listed bad habits that were holding you back...but why haven't you made those changes already? You were given a lot of good advice in that thread. What became of it and you as a result of it? Did you change? Or did you revert back to your old ways?

I get it. Change isn't easy. But if you want it bad enough, you'll do it. Have you done any of it? You know what is the right path to be on, but I'm not sure that you know how to get there even if you had the courage to put in the work and do it.

My advice: Take some time to focus on yourself. Re-read the book. Make changes in your life to help set you up for success. Change the path you're on. Learn and understand who you are and your capabilities. Don't worry about all this business and entrepreneur stuff just yet. You have to get yourself in check first before you can make an honest attempt at anything.

Can you change? How the F*ck would I know? You talk a big game but as you've proven, trash-talking doesn't mean shit once you step onto the court. Only you control your destiny. You've got the ball, now it's time to make a play.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I've been wanting to move since the last 1.5 years. Never did it, why? Because, I realize now that no matter where I moved it felt as if I was running away from the real problem. Everyone I told said the same thing. Didn't believe them, go figure right.

I had no vision, purpose, goal or anything to why I was moving. Now after all I've been through this year I understand myself better then ever. I was in Canada from Mid July to December, helping my brother-in-law with their hotel renovation working for free. That changed me in ways that I can't even imagine.

What I'm trying to say, is the unknown is scary but sometimes you may not understand the outcome to why you do what you do and in those moments you just gotta reflect on why you initially wanted to move in the first place.

I wasn't planning on staying in Canada for 3-4 months only for 1 month intially but, I knew I had to stay longer didn't know why but I just had a gut feeling.

My family didn't understand why, know one thought I learned anything in those 4 months I was there but I stuck through all the bullshit and now it's clear to why.

I'm moving to Houston, TX with my cousin for about a year or less until I'm able to fincially support myself completely. Is it the right move? I have no idea, but I know that I have to start taking control of my life or someone else is going to do it for me (parents) and I can't have that.

Thought I would give you some of what I have experienced this year. In the beginning of the year, no purpose, vision, or even goal and know I have a purpose vision and goal.

Making a decision and staying committed to it is very hard but, you know you have to man up and do it someday, so why isn't someday today?

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
You don't need to post you're leaving on the forum if you're still uncertain.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@RadioActive - Big respect to you for coming back and updating. There are many on this forum who profess they are about to take things to a whole new level and blow everyone away.... and then we never hear of them again. Maybe some do, but I'm sure a lot do.

@LateStarter might sound harsh, but actually that is a post worth reading time and time again, especially concerning focusing on the process over events. I'm guilty many a time of getting over-excited about a grand idea and it's disappeared into nothing.... because I got so caught up in a single thing that had no ties to anything, no start, no finish planned out. A process doesn't sound as exciting as an event, but it's oh so much more rewarding.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
List the fears here in bullet point format. We'll help you fight through them, or work out a way so that next time they're not a hurdle.
-Fear of Uncertainty
-Fear of homelessness (Doesn't make sense)
-Fear of Failure (being here as long as I have been I should know that Failure is good)
-Fear of my car breaking down

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Making a decision and staying committed to it is very hard but, you know you have to man up and do it someday, so why isn't someday today?
Thank you for sharing. I respect that you worked for free and that you have no selfish desire, which a lot of people (me) have.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you for sharing. I respect that you worked for free and that you have no selfish desire, which a lot of people (me) have.
Hey man.. Whats the next plan then? since leaving didnt work out?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
You have more courage than you think.

Coming back here to update us is a testament to your character

Most people would simply tuck tail and run.

Never to return.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I wasn't able to get out and stay out until I was 28.
Until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, you'll be where you are.

Not a knock or an attack, but I was leaving home and coming back so many times it made me crazy.
Wherever you go, there you are... so stop talking to us about what you're going to do... and just hold yourself accountable to you.

JollyOllyMan10

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 28, 2015
Your are a verified MONSTER and you post makes me feel like a BITCH!!! I need to invest more into myself 100% Congrats man good luck
If your ever magically land in Sacramento dinners on me IN & Out Burgers Baby

Jakawan

We Buy Houses
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
Sep 19, 2013
Oklahoma City
You're so young man, keep a journal/diary, and just write SOMETHING in it every day to create the habit.. if you have nothing to write at all.. just write a few things that you're grateful for, or something noteable that happened that day.. it will show you how fast time goes by.. 3 years has FLEW by for me.. I remember my brother looking me in the eyes with burning conviction and saying.. "You'll be 40 before you know it!"

A big lesson I learned these past 3 years is.. be focused, protect your thoughts, remove your distractions.. and get traction.. don't just be busy to be busy.. don't be an action faker as they say here.. actually MOVE DIRT. If you're digging for gold, you have to move a lot of dirt.. who's going to find gold faster? The guy using a 14" garden trowel, or the guy operating a back hoe? Or better yet.. the guy subcontracting several companies to use backhoes and dozers at several different sites? Right now.. it's like you're just shopping for shovels.

Also.. it doesn't matter which industry you choose at first. The grass is not greener on the other side.. there's always something on the other side of the fence trying to get your attention.. The guy in California is having a hard time and says.. OH if only I was in the Florida market I'd do so much better! meanwhile.. the guy in Florida is saying.. OH if only I was in the California market..

My advice to you..
Brainstorm on a piece of paper.. what skills do you have? What are people willing to pay you for? Save and invest your money.. don't upgrade your lifestyle for 5 years.. stop caring what other people think about you. Do it for YOU. If you have no skills, I suggest learning sales.. learn to talk on the phone. Your phone is a money harvesting tool! Not a candy crush machine or Facebook time wasting machine. Write down on a piece of paper.. what do you want? TRULY want? Why? Took me a few years to learn that.. a car is just transportation. I can rent one for fun, I don't have to own a depreciating liability. A movie is entertainment, I can go to a theater, I don't have to own a depreciating life sucking TV and have negative cash flow subscriptions that don't better my life.. and a house is just a place to relax, sleep, read, cook a meal.. it doesn't need to impress anyone.
I think a lot of people get started because they get excited about the dream and possibility of owning big houses and cars and fancy watches.. (pleasure)
But if the person you love the most in your life.. Mom, Dad, whoever.. was kidnapped (pain), and you had to come up with $5000 in the next 30 days.. You'd work much harder for that $5000 than you would for the possibility and dream of big houses and cars..

Read a book a week. Learn to speed read. Sell your tv, sell your video games, sell EVERYTHING that will not help you get where you want to be.. buy used books on abebooks.com

Watch this video. I learned a lot from it.

Alright, that's all. Good luck to you. Reprogram your mind. Nothing worth having is easy, or quick. (usually..)

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
I know this maybe a morbid reply to this thread but it came to mind and thought it may help in some way.

At the start of the this thread I was really hoping you'd do it! Taking your fear and twisting it's balls.

I recently went to see my grandad un well in hospital and he looked so fragile. He was surrounded by others who we had also lost memories and did not know who their family are! It was pretty horrid to see but it also opened my eyes to the truth...

My grandad and, my dad stood next to me, never took risks. Their fear of failure stopped them everytime. Now laying here his dreams were slowly fading and all his regret would mean nothing.

When we left the room, I turned to my dad said isn't it obvious we must take the risks, beat the fear because things will mean nothing in the face of death.

You and me are going to meet the same fate and we either take the chances while we can walk or regret them when it's too late. I now live with with a just do it attitude. Yea sometimes I freak out and feel like my body is made of cement but I have to break through it because I know one day I'm not going to be here.

So go for it... There will always be ways to make money, as you have the right mind set. Homeless people generally don't. I offered to buy a homeless man a book the other day but he said he wanted alcohol. The worst that will happen is you'll end up where you are.

Instead of asking what's the worst that will happen, ask what's the best that will happen?

Last edited:

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
-Fear of Uncertainty
-Fear of homelessness (Doesn't make sense)
-Fear of Failure (being here as long as I have been I should know that Failure is good)
-Fear of my car breaking down
The answer to all those is: work ethic.

With a 10/10 work ethic, you will have the confidence of knowing that you will be able to do whatever it takes to survive. Develop your work ethic by setting daily goals and accomplishing them.

Try running survival experiments i.e. pretending that you already ARE in a new city, with no money, and seeing if you'd be able to survive. It will show you when you are ready to make the leap.

Elon Musk explains why living off a dollar a day as a teenager convinced him he could do anything he wanted with his life
http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-living-off-a-dollar-a-day-startalk-2015-3
"Forcing himself to live mainly off hot dogs and oranges wasn't the result of poverty or some charitable movement, but an experiment to see if he had what it takes to lead a life as an entrepreneur."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.