- Joined
- Dec 4, 2013
- Messages
- 529
Rep Bank
$1,480
$1,480
User Power: 126%
I found a niche that has a ton of people selling their wares, but they have no official platform. They do not move enough product to be accepted into retail. There are a ton of these very small time businesses running off instagram, and they are selling through shopify or free sites like bigcartel.
It seems like a lot of these guys are flying under the radar, and would do better if people could find them in one place, similar to the etsy platform. I would estimate that they are doing $500 or less a month in sales, but there are hundreds of these businesses. Ive contacted a few of them to try and get them to list their products on my site, but they were not interested, and I don't know if they didn't want to be bothered, my pitch was presented well enough or to enough people, or if i wasnt established enough.
I can't really think of how I can attract these people to the level I want though, and the only idea I have gotten so far is to try some arbitrage. Im thinking about listing all their products on my site and when somebody buys something i can just place an order through the vendor and have the item shipped to the customer. The big negative I see is processing fees and people looking for the vendors actual site to get the product for a little bit cheaper. Im hoping I can get some traction though and people will jump on board and I wont have to fake the whole process.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I should possibly do?
It seems like a lot of these guys are flying under the radar, and would do better if people could find them in one place, similar to the etsy platform. I would estimate that they are doing $500 or less a month in sales, but there are hundreds of these businesses. Ive contacted a few of them to try and get them to list their products on my site, but they were not interested, and I don't know if they didn't want to be bothered, my pitch was presented well enough or to enough people, or if i wasnt established enough.
I can't really think of how I can attract these people to the level I want though, and the only idea I have gotten so far is to try some arbitrage. Im thinking about listing all their products on my site and when somebody buys something i can just place an order through the vendor and have the item shipped to the customer. The big negative I see is processing fees and people looking for the vendors actual site to get the product for a little bit cheaper. Im hoping I can get some traction though and people will jump on board and I wont have to fake the whole process.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I should possibly do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
