The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm broke and I had this idea

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
Finding a job in my town from Venezuela has been really difficult so I thought "perhaps I can study programming, becoming a data analyst and start to work so I can earn some money and infiltrate myself in an industrie" but MJ says that it is useful to study persuasion (marketing, sales, negotiation etc) in your free time until you find an idea. I don't know what to do. I just want to increase my monthly income what do you think about it guys?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
If you look online, there's heaps that you can try online and see how it goes. I would recommend reading a lot of threads in the forum as it may give you some ideas or open your mind on what course to take, what market to cater, what problem to tackle, etc...day by day most us are exposed to possible ideas to change our lives.

You don't have to rush, things take time but it doesn't mean you can't improve daily. So keep reading threads, contributing to the forum, I'm sure you have a skill that most of us don't.

Keep moving forward.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
You must obtain stability before you fully explore entrepreneurship. That doesn't mean you have to do them separately.

Learn development then move wherever. From there, you'll possess not only stability, but skills capable of assisting you throughout your entire fastlane journey.

Good luck.

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
Finding a job in my town from Venezuela has been really difficult so I thought "perhaps I can study programming, becoming a data analyst and start to work so I can earn some money and infiltrate myself in an industrie" but MJ says that it is useful to study persuasion (marketing, sales, negotiation etc) in your free time until you find an idea. I don't know what to do. I just want to increase my monthly income what do you think about it guys?
I think anyone can learn to code but knowing how to apply it to a certain niche is what will differentiate you. If possible try to learn the fundamentals and really focus more on deploying the skills on real world applications.

The way I started out was like this and offered to work for free so I could get that real world experience.

It is a bit of a double edged sword because it's hard to get that first gig / job / project but once you have the experience the barrier to entry goes away. Plus I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get real project experience because you learn so much more about the software development ecosystem besides just writing the code.

What language you focusing on? Python?

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
I think anyone can learn to code but knowing how to apply it to a certain niche is what will differentiate you. If possible try to learn the fundamentals and really focus more on deploying the skills on real world applications.

The way I started out was like this and offered to work for free so I could get that real world experience.

It is a bit of a double edged sword because it's hard to get that first gig / job / project but once you have the experience the barrier to entry goes away. Plus I can't emphasize enough how important it is to get real project experience because you learn so much more about the software development ecosystem besides just writing the code.

What language you focusing on? Python?
I was learning logic programming then I would move to SQL and Python

chazwazzer

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Jun 22, 2022
I was learning logic programming then I would move to SQL and Python
I went down the python x sql route. Hind sight is was a good choice. One mistake I made is not being open minded to javascript. JS is a good one to know too.

BogdanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 27, 2017
UK
Great choice on Python, lots of demand for machine learning, data analytics and I agree that stability is important. It’s just easier on your mental well-being if you have some income coming in. Focus on the technical aspect first to get a good grounding in the skill, it’s fun to learn, and then build some apps in a space you enjoy or would like to work in. When you need a break or have some time to yourself, definitely explore the skills you’ll need to either create your own product or a service (salesmanship, marketing etc)

I’d also recommend looking at cloud technologies, there are still a lot of reservations to get into cloud around the world (compliance etc) but generally the trend is going in that direction

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.