The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

After seven years, nothing I do in business is profitable and I'm broke

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I think business and entrepreneurship is a field where you shouldn't judge someone's progress purely by their result.

If you hustle and try a prototype for 157th time, and it works and gets sold like crazy, you don't become super smart or super hardworking overnight.

We will be underestimating the grit and skills that are developed over the entire process.
This. As entrepreneurs we need to celebrate not only our change in results, but the change in our product/service/actions/mindset based on feedback. Every time Thomas Edison couldn't make a lightbulb, was a new way he found not to make one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

john3583

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 17, 2018
US
Take a break, go back to the well and find fresh ideas.
See them as fresh and market them like new. A new perspective, a new color scheme, new wording. Make it your own. Go beyond the Facebook ads and the stale ways and maybe create new paths. Be impressive with your new methods.
Retreat discover and advance.

Last edited:

john3583

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 17, 2018
US
Take a break, go back to the well and find fresh ideas.
See them as fresh and market them like new. A new perspective, a new color scheme, new wording. Make it your own. Go beyond the Facebook ads and the stale ways and maybe create new paths. Be impressive with your new methods.
Retreat, discover and advance.

Last edited:

Mr. Tycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Mar 6, 2014
London ,UK
I looked it up in year 7 we had a turnover of 557,000 euros.

now in year 10 we will achieve a turnover of +- 1million.
if you take in consideration the inflation over the 3 years period -the numbers would not look the same. Right ?

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 9, 2016

GoingToSleep

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 3, 2023
Find a problem. Solve the problem. Let people know you found a solution. There you go a good business.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Why are so many people, even those I know personally, or certain users on this forum, able to make millions and retire with ecommerce, dropshipping and affiliate marketing but not others?
Because they are the market leaders...you are just trying to follow them.

You should be focused or determining via your own methods, strategies, tools, and skills, how to serve the market that you want to be in.

I have several girls around me who try to replicate the exact strategies and methods that I use, yet not a single one of them have yet to generate the same results as me....Even when I personally tell and show them exactly what I am doing, how I am doing it, when I am doing it, and why I am doing xyz... I am essentially, literally creating my own competition, in the market that I am winning in! But it's as I learned on this forum many years ago:

You can give someone the whole entire roadmap, if they don't execute with consistency, or take all the necessary action steps to make it go- nothing else matters...It's not gonna go!!!

I adapt and adjust on a near daily basis...because I am constantly testing to see what is going to yield the best results...I see in real time what's making my earnings go up, when they stay the same, and when they decline.

You clearly aren't doing the work. Because you would catch all the nuanced changes about your business that are happening on a daily and constant basis, and you would pivot and adjust to make it go!!! That is not happening at all, because you are trying to plug n play what others are doing (in general), but missing all the DETAILS that come along with the overall strategy.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
My new app idea that I built a working prototype of provides a lot of value. Its probably the closest business I've started that follows Fastlane values. It saves people time. My friends say they like it and some even donated to my Kickstarter. But when I applied to multiple incubators and launched on Kickstarter, the market seems to think otherwise.
When displaying your work, don't rely on people with who you have an affectionate/intimate/friendly relationship, they are biased in your favour and they might not even represent your typical users.

Before launching the app, have you done the testing, iteration, etc.....?

Last edited:

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
Nobody mentioned this but, I suspect OP is not surrounded by good and knowledgeable people who can guide him once in a while like good friends with good skills in their field usually do.

I know a lot about cars because I grew up surrounded by car mechanics who started at 16 years old. I know more than the average people on the real estate industry because of another close person (and his parents) to me who is in the field since the past 20 years.

Another one knows a lot about software and web developing so he gives me additional info I ignore on that topic when we talk about website design, etc.

Have you ever heard of this concept: you are the average (on the level of education, on the level of personal finance, etc.) of the 5 people you hang out the most with.

Who do you hang out with?

When you created that app, was there at least 1 professional in the field who was aware of your project and maybe made a comment about your work?

My friend who is an expert on real estate needed help with marketing, and photo and video production, I gladly helped him because he knows I am an expert in that field with evidence of success. In exchange, he gives me valuable info about real estate (what to avoid, what constitutes a good opportunity for investment, etc.) and yes he has evidence of success so whatever he says is usually legit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.