The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Here :) I'm broke and ready to hustle

Clayman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 9, 2017
Germany
Hello everybody!

I'm a broke 26 year old who lives with his parents. I got a lot of time on my hands and no job, so I decided to join this forum and learn as much as I can.

A little back story... I graduated with a degree in Management Information Systems at the end of 2014. Found out my Mom had cancer and moved to be close by. Well, I was in Missouri and now I'm in Germany. I've been here the last two years learning German, but i didn't really work on any IT skills, or manage to find employment.

I'm ready to take matters into my own hands. I got a laptop and time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Welcome! Plenty of great information here for you to learn from.

If you haven't already, you should give The Millionaire Fastlane book a read!

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Start a side hustle, I hold a full time job and spend no more than 1 hour daily looking for local stuff on eBay often worded badly or not advertised properly hence get them for cheap. I then clean them up take a few nice photos and relist them for more.

Tricks I use:

- On ebay do a zipcode search to only find collection only items close to your home, often auction items are cheaper as not many people are willing to travel
- after a few sales find what is hot in your area/ region then set up craigslist and eBay alerts for those items

Once you do it a few times you get a feel for it and will know what to look out for. Good luck!

P.S. If you really are short on funds and want a job just to get by for a short while try telemarketing/ telesales they often will take on people with no experience, if you are willing to work harder than others you can make a good salary with a commisions based job

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Hello everybody!

I'm a broke 26 year old who lives with his parents. I got a lot of time on my hands and no job, so I decided to join this forum and learn as much as I can.

A little back story... I graduated with a degree in Management Information Systems at the end of 2014. Found out my Mom had cancer and moved to be close by. Well, I was in Missouri and now I'm in Germany. I've been here the last two years learning German, but i didn't really work on any IT skills, or manage to find employment.

I'm ready to take matters into my own hands. I got a laptop and time.

Welcome to the forum! My advice to someone in your situation is to join a freelance website like upwork.com and choose a niche that plays to your abilities..ie: cold calling, web research, writing, social media, etc.

Start applying to jobs and build up your reviews and rep...You can quickly start generating money and go from there.

On the side I would focus on a more fastlane business model or develop skills that would be beneficial for one in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Clayman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 9, 2017
Germany
Welcome! Plenty of great information here for you to learn from.

If you haven't already, you should give The Millionaire Fastlane book a read!

Thanks, yeah, I'm going to read around the forum for a week or 2 before i get the book. The reviews seem really good.

Start a side hustle, I hold a full time job and spend no more than 1 hour daily looking for local stuff on eBay often worded badly or not advertised properly hence get them for cheap. I then clean them up take a few nice photos and relist them for more.

Tricks I use:

- On ebay do a zipcode search to only find collection only items close to your home, often auction items are cheaper as not many people are willing to travel
- after a few sales find what is hot in your area/ region then set up craigslist and eBay alerts for those items

Once you do it a few times you get a feel for it and will know what to look out for. Good luck!

P.S. If you really are short on funds and want a job just to get by for a short while try telemarketing/ telesales they often will take on people with no experience, if you are willing to work harder than others you can make a good salary with a commisions based job

thanks, i'll look into that as well.

Welcome to the forum! My advice to someone in your situation is to join a freelance website like upwork.com and choose a niche that plays to your abilities..ie: cold calling, web research, writing, social media, etc.

Start applying to jobs and build up your reviews and rep...You can quickly start generating money and go from there.

On the side I would focus on a more fastlane business model or develop skills that would be beneficial for one in the future.

Thanks for the help so far guys. I'm going to be researching pretty hard and see what I come up with. Probably the most interesting thing was the thread GOLD - Learning to Program is STUPID! (or SMART?!) i was toying with the idea of learning a program langauge for the last few months, but it seems focusing more on marketing and Sales Copy might be a smarter idea.

I'll let you all know what I come up! peace :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...