The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 20 Years Old and Trying to Find an Important Answer

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to talk with me today.

My name is Saiful. I'm from Dhaka, Bangladesh(beside India). I'm 20 years old.
I'm commited to become a software developer. And then find a need in the market and fill this.
What I need to do every single day.

I have 12 hours free time everyday for the next 12 month. I have no valuable skill.

My Question is..
If you are only 20 years old have no valuable skills but have an entire year of free time what would you do every single day for the next 12 month.‎

Thank you so much for your help.

Maybe you can help me a little....
:bulb:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Start with what you want to do, who you want to be, what business you might want to own, and what difference you want to make in this world.

Then research what tools / skills you need to do that.

If you have no idea...... google 'how to pick a career' and 'what business should I start' and get to reading.

If you still have no idea...... join a public speaking club, starting coding online, and learn to play the guitar.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Hello!

I have 12 hours free time everyday for the next 12 month. I have no valuable skill.

My Question is..
If you are only 20 years old have no valuable skills but have an entire year of free time what would you do every single day for the next 12 month.‎

Hi Dhaka. I think to be able to slightly help you a little bit you could help us a bit by telling us a little more about yourself. You mention you do not have any valuable skill(s) but surely you have done things in the past that you found you really liked/interested in and that you were [pretty] good at it. This can be a great way to continue diving into that area and perfecting your skill there.

If absolutely no past experience doing anything, is there anything that sounds interesting to you? Design, copywriting, coding, financial analysis, digital marketing, eCommerce, anything? I would pick an area that interests you the most and spend some time learning more about it and practicing it.

Hope this helps

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
It's hard to answer your question without knowing more. What are your goals? What are your interests? What is your background & history?

In general, if you are interested in being an entrepreneur you need to find a need in the market and choose to fill that need. Nobody can tell you what need to fill. You will have to decide that on your own.

Once you decide that, if you need education on it, get educated. There are plenty of free or low cost education resources available online. Set a goal for what success looks like to you. Create a plan to reach the goal. Execute the plan.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Reading books is a good habit to get into. (Using Audible the past 2 years has been a game changer for me)

Podcasts are also good too to help expand your knowledge base.

You could also look into Coursea to help taking some online free courses to help expand your skills.

(Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of the companies I just find them useful)

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
It's hard to answer your question without knowing more. What are your goals? What are your interests? What is your background & history?
Goals- impact 10 million in the next 10 year.
Interests- Computer programming, software development.

Background- Studying Diploma in Laboratory Medicine. It can only help me to take a dead end job. Not help me in Fastlane Process. I can't quite it because I don't have other option. So, I try to make a option. That's computer prpgramming.

History- Failing last 10 years trying many thing.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1

Background- Studying Diploma in Laboratory Medicine. It can only help me to take a dead end job. Not help me in Fastlane Process. I can't quite it because I don't have other option. So, I try to make a option. That's computer prpgramming.

Bro I'm 20 years old and I'll give you the best advice I got...

You need to drop all the "access your subconscious mind" bullshit for now and focus on making money and building a stable base.

The only way you can make money in the fastlane is by providing value.

Buy a $12 course on Udemy for wordpress design and start getting some income selling websites.

I can sell websites all day long just by emailing people who have shitty websites.

And if your english isn't perfect, have someone else write the email for you.

Hell I'll write the email for you, but you have to learn the skill inside and out first.

Just grind like hell and drop the failure mindset. No one is going to help you if you have that sorry attitude man! Tough love, but this shit isn't hard.

Buy a domain for $.99, buy hosting for $10/year on namecheap, figure out how Cpanel works, design an awesome website using wordpress + a theme.

Then use that website as proof and just find people with bad websites and hit them up.

That's the step by step plan bro!

Get a job for now so you can eat, pay rent, and live. But all your free time should go towards learning how to build a website or some sort of value right now.

Once you start making money building websites, you can focus on your software development.

Once you start making money building websites, you can focus on "access your subconscious mind" (profile picture)

But for now, don't worry about anything else. Just zero in on learning a skill that can provide value and produce money in return.

You're closer to success than you think. You're just way over complicating it.

Kennypaul

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria
Hello!

I'm commited to become a software developer. And then find a need in the market and fill this.

My Question is..

You might want to read the millionaire Fastlane and unscripted ...seems logical right?...and if you have read it,start applying what you have learnt into your daily life.

LeoT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 23, 2018
Serbia
Buy a $12 course on Udemy for wordpress design and start getting some income selling websites.

I can sell websites all day long just by emailing people who have shitty websites.

That's some great advice.
Web development opens up a near Infinite amount of Fastlane opportunities for us entrepreneurial minded coders!

You don't need to study X Industry for 3 years, engineer a new product, find Investors, get a patent, etc.
Learn a popular web stack & some marketing and viola, you're In business!

As an aspiring web dev myself, I'd really appreciate it If you could get more In-depth about selling WordPress websites from scratch. Which courses did you like the most? Which technologies do you use on a day to day basis? Did you use UpWork or did you go straight Into cold calling?

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bro I'm 20 years old and I'll give you the best advice I got...

You need to drop all the "access your subconscious mind" bullshit for now and focus on making money and building a stable base.

The only way you can make money in the fastlane is by providing value.

And if your english isn't perfect, have someone else write the email for you.

Hell I'll write the email for you, but you have to learn the skill inside and out first.

Just grind like hell and drop the failure mindset. No one is going to help you if you have that sorry attitude man! Tough love, but this sh*t isn't hard.

Buy a domain for $.99, buy hosting for $10/year on namecheap, figure out how Cpanel works, design an awesome website using wordpress + a theme.

Then use that website as proof and just find people with bad websites and hit them up.

That's the step by step plan bro!

Get a job for now so you can eat, pay rent, and live. But all your free time should go towards learning how to build a website or some sort of value right now.

Once you start making money building websites, you can focus on your software development.

Once you start making money building websites, you can focus on "access your subconscious mind" (profile picture)

But for now, don't worry about anything else. Just zero in on learning a skill that can provide value and produce money in return.

You're closer to success than you think. You're just way over complicating it.

Brother, It's the best advice I receive in 2018. Thank you so much.

I must learn website design and development.

I currently learning English.
It's take about a month.
Because, I don't understand English video.
Then I should learn website design. I have 1 year free time and don't need to take a job.

Thank you for writing this big post.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri

I would disagree that your knowledge in labratory medicine can only take you to a dead end job. It's how you put that knowledge to use that leads to a dead end job. If you can find a pain point within that industry or a pain point of people that industry serves and solve it, market it, and use your knowledge as power you can turn it into a fastlane enterprise.

SEO Guy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
May 14, 2017
Page 1
That's some great advice.
Web development opens up a near Infinite amount of Fastlane opportunities for us entrepreneurial minded coders!

You don't need to study X Industry for 3 years, engineer a new product, find Investors, get a patent, etc.
Learn a popular web stack & some marketing and viola, you're In business!

As an aspiring web dev myself, I'd really appreciate it If you could get more In-depth about selling WordPress websites from scratch. Which courses did you like the most? Which technologies do you use on a day to day basis? Did you use UpWork or did you go straight Into cold calling?

Too be honest, I'm lazier than most people. I bought some courses and said F*ck it and didn't watch more than 10 minutes of each one before just creating a wordpress website on my own. So I can't really recommend any courses. I just youtube or google any and every problem that I run in to and I've never not found that answer.

I use the salient theme for all my clients - and I did not use UpWork at all. I also didn't cold call.

"I can sell websites all day long just by emailing people who have shitty websites." - That's what I did

It's better if you learn how to build a website from scratch with HTML, but wordpress works as well.

@Fox has way more info on this than me. I would just read his thread that is all about how to make money selling websites. He even has a support group on facebook where people give advise and share information.

cwalto12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 21, 2018
Louisville
Too be honest, I'm lazier than most people. I bought some courses and said f*ck it and didn't watch more than 10 minutes of each one before just creating a wordpress website on my own. So I can't really recommend any courses. I just youtube or google any and every problem that I run in to and I've never not found that answer.

I use the salient theme for all my clients - and I did not use UpWork at all. I also didn't cold call.

"I can sell websites all day long just by emailing people who have shitty websites." - That's what I did

It's better if you learn how to build a website from scratch with HTML, but wordpress works as well.

@Fox has way more info on this than me. I would just read his thread that is all about how to make money selling websites. He even has a support group on facebook where people give advise and share information.
Curious if you have any opinions on Wordpress vs. Wix. Wix seems even easier to create a nice looking website than Wordpress. I don't know much about website creation but I have stumbled upon Wix after listening to an ad on a podcast.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Hello!

My Question is..

If you're committed to being a software developer, build something, build an app and while you do that learn to be great. That's who I became a software developer. And I'm still learning.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Curious if you have any opinions on Wordpress vs. Wix. Wix seems even easier to create a nice looking website than Wordpress. I don't know much about website creation but I have stumbled upon Wix after listening to an ad on a podcast.
You can't do things in Wix that you can do in Wordpress, especially if you need a lot of customization. Last time I checked Wix was pretty much for simple web pages.

Scuur

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 9, 2017
stonington
Code every single day.

Go through this course. Learn to code with free online courses, programming projects, and interview preparation for developer jobs.

From there you can start getting freelance jobs that pay well. Once you get to the point where your comfortable coding and have freelance operations going. Use your new knowledge to build something.

That's what I would do.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Hello!

My Question is..

Hey mate, I know how you feel. Coming from the same part of the world as you, I can tell you one thing friend,you are absolutely fortunate to find this forum and Mr.MJ's books.Be greatful and thankful for that first.

First of all before you do anything you must have a clear aim that you are going after.You must absolutely know about your next step.We can't give you that step because we are not you, and you are not us.Within your heart you already know what to do.Go ahead and do it.

Before I end this, I would like to give you my two cents.Do not do anything without a clearly defined plan and a process,this is where I went wrong.Don't just read books for the sake of reading.Find out what skills you have to master then go on find resources that's helpful for that.Also read the TMF book over and over again because each time you listen to it,you absorb it more and more.

All the best for the journey ahead pal

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago

Failure is the LARGEST and Most CRUCIAL aspect of success. If you have been failing for the past 10 years and you simply saw it only as failure after failure after failure, then, you haven't exactly learnt the necessary lessons yet to take you to the next level of whatever you desire in life.

My main question to anyone embarking on entrepreneurship is "Why?" Why is it so important to you to become an entrepreneur? (You don't have to answer this out loud, it's just for you to figure out what you want to contribute to and benefit from life).

You mentioned that you are doing studies with the intention of gaining a dead-end job, if you are looking for a dead-end job, then, you don't have to go study for that, there is a lot of dead-end jobs which already exist that can be done; however, maybe having that dead-end job will open your eyes up to problems which exist within that specific industry that can help lead you to finding a business worth building. A lot of people will explain that their slowlane jobs helped push them - either as motivation, or as knowledge - to build their fastlane ideas and businesses.

Take the lessons of the failures from the past, plus the experiences from the dead-end job and build yourself a remarkable Fastlane Business.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hey mate, I know how you feel. Coming from the same part of the world as you, I can tell you one thing friend,you are absolutely fortunate to find this forum and Mr.MJ's books.Be greatful and thankful for that first.

First of all before you do anything you must have a clear aim that you are going after.You must absolutely know about your next step.We can't give you that step because we are not you, and you are not us.Within your heart you already know what to do.Go ahead and do it.

Before I end this, I would like to give you my two cents.Do not do anything without a clearly defined plan and a process,this is where I went wrong.Don't just read books for the sake of reading.Find out what skills you have to master then go on find resources that's helpful for that.Also read the TMF book over and over again because each time you listen to it,you absorb it more and more.

rep ++

Great advice.
Your advice change my life.

Saiful

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Dec 31, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
My advice for me.

You are 20 years old, what would
you do?
Read this Notable! - What would you tell
your 25 year old self?
Read all gold threads in this forum.
Make a plan, execute

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Pick Something.
Anything that interests you or makes you wish you could do that.

One of the problems we all have to battle is that there are TOO MANY opportunities for all of us.
We begin to jump from one thing to the other before we have really learned to accomplish the first one.

If you can learn English in a month, you can learn nearly any course on Coursera or Udemy or any other learning site.

Again, pick something that you think you would like to accomplish, and provides VALUE to others.

12 hours spent daily, focusing on ONE subject will make you an expert compared to 98% of the people out there.

Next, find the market to sell to, what you have learned.

It's that simple. There is no reason you cannot create money from what you can learn from free or cheap courses online if you spend the time to learn them and do not deviate until you do.

Go for it!

Busy24s

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jul 30, 2021

Great advice.

It's incredibly easy to get into the habit of just learning for the sake of learning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...