The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 15 years old and about to become a millionare!

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
First of all, I don't know if this is the right section.

Everything started about 4 years ago when I wanted to create websites. Since I didn't know anyone that could possibly teach me, I started doing some research and within a few days I knew the basics (at that time I barley understood English, since I live in Sweden).

It's funny how time flies. I've learnt C#, Objective C, javascript, CSS, jQuery, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Maya + much more. I've developed multiple apps (iOS & Android) and websites. And now all that time I've put into it is paying off. I'm making 5 figures a month and I'm about to multiply it a few times!

All this money has made me think about my future. Today is the last day to change our high school choice (I think it's equivalent to "Gymnasiet" here in Sweden). I'm thinking about the International Baccalaureate but I'm not sure if it's worth it. If I won't be able to continue develop apps/work on my ideas I'll switch to something "easier" (like Naturvetenskap). I'll do a WADM now...

If you're thinking about starting a business/learn to program, do it! If a 15 years old can be successful why should you be any exception?!

Edit #1:
Right now I'm working on something BIG! Just a few days ago I talked to some guy over at Amazon, and apparently they wanted to work with me! Feels absolutely incredible!

Edit #2
I recently passed the 10k barrier, so it''s not like I'll become a millionaire tomorrow, but I'm pretty fkn close! I've found my fastlane and all I need to do now is to just give a bit more gas and BAAM millionaire before I'm 16.

Chose the best school you can, it's even more worth if you are going to gymnasium. Good allround education is also important. What is life worth, if you are over-rich idiot? Colleges for education are also good. Even if you are there, it's never waste of time. You are leraning life, social skills, you can meet and get real-life friends. There are things in life which are not exchangable for any money. And go for college, which will learn you some good skills later on. There are things, which you will only learn on University, but I see, as a very bad thing, than going to college here is being looked as something not worthy anything. Well, the richest and influential people are always highly educated on the best possible universities. Do not give yourself excuses, you're young and pretty rich. Invest in yourself, you don't need Aventador when being 18 old. There are things on this world, to which you need to be mature.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Chose the best school you can, it's even more worth if you are going to gymnasium. Good allround education is also important. What is life worth, if you are over-rich idiot? Colleges for education are also good. Even if you are there, it's never waste of time. You are leraning life, social skills, you can meet and get real-life friends. There are things in life which are not exchangable for any money. And go for college, which will learn you some good skills later on. There are things, which you will only learn on University, but I see, as a very bad thing, than going to college here is being looked as something not worthy anything. Well, the richest and influential people are always highly educated on the best possible universities. Do not give yourself excuses, your young and pretty rich. Invest in yoursels, do dont need aventador when being 18 old. There are things on this world, to which you need to be mature.

It's not like I'll dropout or something. I love learning, I find it as essential as eating. I've never had any problems with school, so I'll finish IB and maybe go to university.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
I just had a flashback of when I was a 15-year-old kid. Crooked teeth, chubby, drinkin soda in my computer chair and playing video games all day...

Much respect for starting so early and having results to show for it

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Would you recommend what sources or some good books that you found beneficial for programming and apps development?

Blair

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 4, 2014
New Zealand
Congratulations to you, you should be very proud of what you have accomplished at such a young age, you most definitely have a bright future ahead of you (and not just in the form of a green Aventador)

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
It's very cool to hear about your accomplishments at such a young age, Stanley. Keep going. We're cheering for you.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
I just had a flashback of when I was a 15-year-old kid. Crooked teeth, chubby, drinkin soda in my computer chair and playing video games all day...

Much respect for starting so early and having results to show for it
Thanks! :)
Would you recommend what sources or some good books that you found beneficial for programming and apps development?
https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston/videos
This was the place where it all started for me. He explains in such way that anyone can understand.
Other than that I haven't really read that many books. I've found this formula to work the best for me:
Start working on your "awesome idea" --> google the problems you come across --> Repeat
That way you learn how to learn.
Congratulations to you, you should be very proud of what you have accomplished at such a young age, you most definitely have a bright future ahead of you (and not just in the form of a green Aventador)
Thanks! I'm very very thankful :) But I want to go even further. Once you reach your goals you push them. I think I'll have to take a break and look back where I came from lol.
It's very cool to hear about your accomplishments at such a young age, Stanley. Keep going. We're cheering for you.
Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated :)

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Start working on your "awesome idea" --> google the problems you come across --> Repeat

That's all it is man. You revealed the secret. Taking specific action -- Working towards your awesome idea and learning whatever it takes to pull that idea out of your head into reality.

People have to get over their fear of programming. In many respects it's a lot like business -- ultimately you'll hear a lot of advice and suggestions but soon you'll realize....you just have to jump in there. I travelled this road too.

Thinking after x y z tutorial then I'll be ready. Not quite, follow that road and all you'll have are completed and half-completed tutorials and nothing of your own. <-- I been here before, it sucks.

You simply scope out problems you want to solve for yourself or others and then figure it out by:

Google-fu when you get stuck
Join Stack Overflow
troll IRC for the rockstar programmers in various #freenode channels get lucky and develop a friendship / mentorship with one -- start doing live calls over Skype
Add tutorials and books
Learn git
Read a lot of code
Write a lot of code

I love learning

Yup that's what set you apart from your friend who couldn't hang with the 15 minute tutorial.

There's quite a few threads hear debating whether one should program or not, I think if you're young enough it's an awesome 2 year investment -- but only if you're dedicated and love learning and building things.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@Stanley Mala ... Could I see some Identification paperwork please Sir ? o_O
Just kidding....you seem very mature for your physical age.
Congratulations on your success so far. Keep pushing !

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
@Stanley Mala ... Could I see some Identification paperwork please Sir ?
Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know! Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo? I ain't stepping out of shit all my papers legit! Haha (Jay Z for those that didn't know)

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Communication error. I was joking with you AND I intended it to be a compliment. You seem like you've got your sit together. So good to see this someone of your age.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
That's all it is man. You revealed the secret. Taking specific action -- Working towards your awesome idea and learning whatever it takes to pull that idea out of your head into reality.
True. When I started I wanted to make a huge MMO, of course I failed but I learned so many things on the way! Failure is just a step closer to an eventual success. I've created 50+ game projects, many which I've never finished (because either got too complex/cluttery or I just wanted to start on a new idea). If I didn't create those 50 god damn projects I wouldn't be here today.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Communication error. I was joking with you AND I intended it to be a compliment. You seem like you've got your sit together. So good to see this someone of your age.
I understood that ;) Btw thanks :))

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Well, the richest and influential people are always highly educated on the best possible universities.
Mark Zuckerburg = dropout
Steve Jobs = dropout
Bill Gates = dropout
Phil Karl = dropout
The list goes on and on...

I'm a creative guy who has no plans what-so-ever to study 10 frickin years to become a doctor. I just want to create stuff, that's what makes me happy.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Reading this thread instantly gives you that feel good feeling.
Great to see such a young guy doing extremely well for himself!
You should create a website for youths like yourself to learn coding or to make it more fun at least anyway. If i had a kid 10+ id definitely be trying to steer them in this direction it.

But congrats and hope you will be sitting in your raging bull soon! (Lamborghini)

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
You should create a website for youths like yourself to learn coding or to make it more fun

Very good idea.

Nowadays it's not so much as "what" you're learning, but rather "who" you're learning it from.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Reading this thread instantly gives you that feel good feeling.
Great to see such a young guy doing extremely well for himself!
You should create a website for youths like yourself to learn coding or to make it more fun at least anyway. If i had a kid 10+ id definitely be trying to steer them in this direction it.

But congrats and hope you will be sitting in your raging bull soon! (Lamborghini)

Just bought a domain ;)
Quick brainstorm:
Flat responsive design, optimized for phones, tablets and web.
Weekly coding challenges with prizes (10$ iGiftcard or something)
Different projects from beginner to pro
Each project = 10 5-10 min videos + written article
Each project must be FUN
Membership - 10$ a month (Starbucks coffe last for 5 min, ******.com lasts for a month!)
50% off when inviting a friends to the member program
Create a ******.com "philosophy", so if I hire freelancers or something they know how their work should look
Advertise until 1000 users = 10 000 $ a month
Now word of mouth will take action, so 10 000 users = 100 000$
100 000$ a month = millionaire in 10 months
"15 years old created a website about coding!" Might be the headlines on every tech site (techcrunch etc etc) = the parents will be interested = $$$$$$$$$

Tadaa I just created a fastlane plan in under 10 minutes! Do whatever you want with it :) See it's really not that hard... You just have to tune your frequency like MJ said in the book :) I get so many ideas I sometimes can't sleep, because I need to pickup my phone and write it down. I've woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea. Goddammit I wish I could duplicate myself so I could work on multiple projects! lol

WorldImperator

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 29, 2014
Just bought a domain ;)
Quick brainstorm:
Each project must be FUN
Membership - 10$ a month (Starbucks coffe last for 5 min, ******.com lasts for a month!)
Create a ******.com "philosophy", so if I hire freelancers or something they know how their work should look
"15 years old created a website about coding!" Might be the headlines on every tech site (techcrunch etc etc) = the parents will be interested = $$$$$$$$$

Tadaa I just created a fastlane plan in under 10 minutes! Do whatever you want with it :) See it's really not that hard... You just have to tune your frequency like MJ said in the book :) I get so many ideas I sometimes can't sleep, because I need to pickup my phone and write it down. I've woke up in the middle of the night with a great idea. Goddammit I wish I could duplicate myself so I could work on multiple projects! lol

Sounds nice, but do you have any idea, what value would have your site, among thousands others related to coding and forum and discussing lists connected to coding?
What should convince me to pay for the 10$ a month, if these same info is available on 50 other sites for free?
Will there be anything what I cannot find free on the topic?

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Sounds nice, but do you have any idea, what value would have your site, among thousands others related to coding and forum and discussing lists connected to coding?
What should convince me to pay for the 10$ a month, if these same info is available on 50 other sites for free?
Will there be anything what I cannot find free on the topic?
Sounds very pessimistic. I don't know, they only way to find out is to actually do it.
"What should convince me to pay for the 10$ a month"
High quality, straight to the point, no "uuummms", short video/articles.
Dedicated email support
100 other things...
Challenge accepted guys, I'll start working on this project when I'm done with my current one. Will keep you guys updates.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK
i'd probably still go to university. Not for any ridiculous reason like needing to get a degree... but because it is an awesome experience, and to satisfy intellectual curiosity, only take classes you love. You'll also meet loads of like minded people.

You'll have loads of time to work on your businesses, and you'll be a big dog on campus if you're making 5 figures a month.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Just bought a domain ;)
Quick brainstorm:
Each project must be FUN

Great mate! Honestly if its simple enough and fun I wouldn't be surprised if you had lots of adults signing up also. They might find them selves embarrassed to admit at first. I have heard for ease of learning in foreign languages teachers try promote children's TV due to the simplicity of it.
If you do hit your million shortly you can buy me a beer ;) ha! Actually your too young a fruit juice will do ha.
Best of Luck!

edit ; also try sign up as many for free first even 100-250 people to give you a base let them spread your word for free. Get up on youtube etc. once you have your basic website sorted. Once the full website is up and running contact local newspapers for a interview (if they are interested) to help spread the word.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Sounds very pessimistic. I don't know, they only way to find out is to actually do it.
"What should convince me to pay for the 10$ a month"
High quality, straight to the point, no "uuummms", short video/articles.
Dedicated email support
100 other things...
Challenge accepted guys, I'll start working on this project when I'm done with my current one. Will keep you guys updates.
Rep$ transferred! Kids these days - awesome minds with the resources to get shit done. I want to see you do this, I have customers waiting for you ;)

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
If you do hit your million shortly you can buy me a beer ;) ha! Actually your too young a fruit juice will do ha.
Haha sure np ;)

also try sign up as many for free first even 100-250 people to give you a base let them spread your word for free.
I've done a pretty big research on this and I think 7/14 days free trail would be the best alternative. That way people can try before they buy (or should I say subscribe). I'll have multiple subscription plans. One plan will also be a "decoy effect" plan.
12 months = 100$
6 months = 80$
Now 12 months will seem like a bargain :D

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah but normally when most people subscribe they will think that they will be putting in their bank details immediately which is off-putting IMO.
Could you not offer a basic introduction for free then sell videos/tutorials individually depending on the complexity?

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Rep$ transferred! Kids these days - awesome minds with the resources to get shit done. I want to see you do this, I have customers waiting for you ;)
I wish more kids get into this whole creating thing, it's not just about programming. I mean there's so much stuff out there, art, sculpting,writing etc. I'm thinking about having a talk @ my school, talk about how I got started and how they can as well, it's a really rewarding experience :).

At first it was just a thought in my head but now I think I'm actually going to make it. I could invest the time into my developing my popular app but this opportunity seems too good to be ignored!

edit: btw thanks for the rep$ even though I don't fully understand what it does lol. (I guess it's a status thingy?)

Last edited:

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Yeah but normally when most people subscribe they will think that they will be putting in their bank details immediately which is off-putting IMO.
Could you not offer a basic introduction for free then sell videos/tutorials individually depending on the complexity?
Good point, I'll make a course completely free (only registration is needed) and a trailer to it that says "So what are you waiting for, sign up for free to start this course!" at the end :)

danielhr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 16, 2014
San Luis Potosi, Mexico
This topic made me think in the social predispositions to disguised slavery and mindset programming into grew laborers, "education" which was embedded in previous generations, if you are actually 15 and you are really thinking as producer instead of consumer, then that's very surprising and of course positive, that might be the key diference between fastlaners ans slowlaners. I'm 29, started to feel uncomfortable with the idea of laboring for the rest of my life at 23, because of environment impositions and economic codependence on employment it has been a little more difficult for other generations to get out of the rat race. Finally I've always believed that 15 is the ideal age to start, so keep it that way and try to always remember to produce something of value and not get distracted by the pursuit of money just for money sake.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Cool stuff Stan,

You are no doubt gonna keep going and be a well off guy.
My biggest concern is this;

At 15 I listened to my parents and authority figures for validation of my accomplishments. Thats bad.
I recommend finding a great A player team in silicon valley to get mentored by.
Surround yourself with like minded people and develop your own personal independance and boundaries.
Otherwise people are gonna be d#ckbags to you and hate on you for no reason (cuz they think they can get hooks in).

Develop some strong rolemodels. Learn how to manage your cash from some grounded and excellent entreprenuers who have a high level of success.

... Also, money isn't everything. Have you considered learning some other stuff to make you more rounded?

Parents, teachers etc, don't know JACK. Become your own man. Only then will this success translate to your freedom.
Don't take this success stuff at face value, you gotta grind, get deep into it etc, cuz thats where fulfilment is (in the grind, in the independance).

Your struggle is going to be translating this cash into independance, and that is where you must grind.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...