The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

They laughed when I told them I will become a millionare

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
Not sure if this is a solution to the problem, but perhaps the problem could be solved with a mobile device (smart phone or tablet) and a bar code scanning app?

Thought about that, but sticky fingers from the honey are a problem. Something rugged is needed.

I might get back to that project at some point and try to sell it without having it built to see if it would sell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
What experience did yo have in Internet Marketing before you wrote the software?

Is it completely automated?

I have been doing IM on and off for a few years, but I am definitely not a very successful internet marketer. I lack the patience to do all the boring SEO stuff and write articles about topics that I don't care about.

But it wasn't my idea anyway, it was the idea of my partner who owns a lot of sites and knows more about SEO than I do. My strengths are in the development. Especially automation, as I did a lot of freelance work writing bots for different platforms.

And yes, the software is completely automated. Install a Wordpress plugin on all your sites (or a code snippet) and you are set. It will collect keywords and build links on autopilot.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler
I've enjoyed reading your thread...

But, it doesn't seem to me that you've proven or disprove the viability of your beekeeping product and it looked like you 've jumped around alot (on different ventures) during the time you've allocated to work on it.

MJ and others have stated that entrepreneurial "monogamy" tends to work better than does entrepreneurial "polygamy". If you've researched and "dissected" your market (Need), start up investment (barriers to entry), and your resources in relation to that you should be able to either a) proceed full speed ahead or b) drop the idea. What has your analysis of these aspects shown you? How did you go about gathering the information and the sources of the information? Is there good research done in the front end? Earlier you said that it was viable but not as viable as you originally thought. We were given the impression that this decision was based off of one person's opinion. Was this person a recognized field expert? It seems a bit flighty to make a business decision (especially one you've invested in already) on one person's opinion, unless there is a darn good reason to trust their opinion.

I'm not attacking or being critical (in a negative way) of you or your progress, like I said, I've enjoyed reading your progress and hope nothing but the best for you. Just some observations and questions that came to me as I read through the thread.

I don't know what you knew about SEO when you started, but you certainly surpassed my knowledge. That's not saying much, but still good job on seemingly grasping it relatively well.

The things you've learned about time management and coding also seem to have been invaluable. I'm impressed that basically you've taught yourself at least one new way of coding (if not more than) since you've started all this....

Again, awesome work.

keep us posted--- subscribed.
b

I completely agree. I jumped around way too much. Also I was not doing proper market research for the first few ideas and just got started.

For the next project I will run a proper test before even starting to code (write a sample order page, send some traffic to see if people would buy).

The good thing is that my programming abilities increased a lot. But I wish I had finished one or two more projects even if just for the portfolio.

As I mentioned above I might go back to the beekeeping product in the future, but I would run a proper test first and then start from scratch anyway as I learned a lot since I wrote that code (It works but maintenance would not be pretty).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.