The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 15 years old and about to become a millionare!

Tobars Dobbs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Mar 3, 2014
I wish more kids get into this whole creating thing, it's not just about programming. I mean there's so much stuff out there, art, sculpting,writing etc. I'm thinking about having a talk @ my school, talk about how I got started and how they can as well, it's a really rewarding experience :).

At first it was just a thought in my head but now I think I'm actually going to make it. I could invest the time into my developing my popular app but this opportunity seems too good to be ignored!

edit: btw thanks for the rep$ even though I don't fully understand what it does lol. (I guess it's a status thingy?)
@Stanley Mala kudos on all your success! I was so impressed by your story I sent the thread to my 12yr old son, and 10 yr old daughter. I've been encouraging them to learn to code, create, and design/build websites. You should definitely give that talk in your school. If it could be broadcast, I could arrange for it to be seen at schools here in Atlanta, GA. I agree with you, more young people need to become creators.
Keep pushing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
WELL DONE!! 15 AND A MILLIONAIRE! AH, HI 5 :D
I'm not a millionaire yet, but I'm not far away. Haha I'll turn 16 soon (next week), I'll contact MTV and see if they can make a show "16 and millionare" LOL jk
... Also, money isn't everything. Have you considered learning some other stuff to make you more rounded?
Can confirm. The fact that I can buy almost whatever I want doesn't really make me happy. I'm a extreme sports type of guy so when I'm not coding/in school I'm skateboarding with friends, which I absolutely love! Btw I think I wouldn't succeed without skateboarding, because it gave me some sort of warrior mentality. Before I went home I told myself "I just need to land this trick before I go home" which later translated into "I won't stop til' I learn/code this". I've pulled my hair for days just to solve a tiny problem/tweak things until it felt right.
I'm soon 16 so I have a lot of things to learn/go through.
@Stanley Mala kudos on all your success! I was so impressed by your story I sent the thread to my 12yr old son, and 10 yr old daughter. I've been encouraging them to learn to code, create, and design/build websites. You should definitely give that talk in your school. If it could be broadcast, I could arrange for it to be seen at schools here in Atlanta, GA. I agree with you, more young people need to become creators.
Keep pushing!
Thanks man! :) Tell them about thenewboston on youtube, that will definitively get them on the right track! :)
Today was the last day of school so I guess I have to wait until high school! If I do a talk I'll let you know!

Btw just a random thought; Here in Sweden a lot of people are starting to vote on racists parties (Swedish Democrats, SvP etc)... It's really sad!:( Why can't everybody be friends and work together?! If they win the election I'm out of this country.

Funky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 25, 2014
Good work Stanley! With all the online classes and online coding academies.. I can hear yaa. You can buy all the silver, gold and whatever else courses you want but you can't buy dedication and strong work ethics. You got it already by intrinsic drive!

i'd probably still go to university. Not for any ridiculous reason like needing to get a degree... but because it is an awesome experience, and to satisfy intellectual curiosity, only take classes you love. You'll also meet loads of likeminded people.

Guys, I agree with all the arguments you give here and I see where they coming from for going to college. And I'd like to add one more to the list: GIRLS and all the fun, crazy and amazing moments you'll remember for the rest of your life. Most likely the friends you'll make in this time will turn into friendships or even strategic relationships for the rest of your life.

I understand that most of you are in HULK mode for success, but I strongly encourage you to go to university Stan. And not only from the standpoint of meeting likeminded and developing particular – technical - skills.

But for your overall personal development (social skills, learning how to present yourself, interacting with people from various study tracks and departments and not only technical/ business people). Plus, we - the people here in Europe - getting a good bang for your bucks compared to the education costs in the US. Educational quality is high and relative cheap in Western Europe. You'll still have a lot of free time to pursue your projects.

Good luck, brother and keep us updated :)

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
The fact that I can buy almost whatever I want doesn't really make me happy. I'm a extreme sports type of guy so when I'm not coding/in school I'm skateboarding with friends, which I absolutely love! Btw I think I wouldn't succeed without skateboarding, because it gave me some sort of warrior mentality. Before I went home I told myself "I just need to land this trick before I go home" which later translated into "I won't stop til' I learn/code this". I've pulled my hair for days just to solve a tiny problem/tweak things until it felt right.

You have a good head on your shoulders.
Maybe my advice on getting mentors was too hastey.

I'm really glad you board, its a great sport (I'm more of a surfer myself), amazing stress relief.
I found that having a passion taught me more about life than school ever did. It balanced me out. Your boarding is important, keep up with stuff like that, cuz it'll help you figure your life out better than anyone's words.

Aight, with the money man, now that you have that you are playing chess with life, and that money is like your queen. If you move the queen out early usually it gets sacrificed early, so don't let anyone without any clue pressure you to do anything.
Perfect your inner balance first.

Money can be two things, fire or an ember deeply nestled between coals.
Fire consumes, but an ember spreads deep into other coals, building a stable fire that lasts all night and only needs a little help to keep burning.

To make money freedom, it must become embers, not fire.

Its like boarding, you can kick your legs and go crazy and it does nothing, but if you focus, a little of the right movement is more than enough to do the trick.

Money is the same as a board. Initially it does nothing, and you can be like "stupid board! how does anyone use you!". But once you understand how little is needed to do very cool stuff, thats where you need the focus.

I found that when I was dumb about money, I wanted to buy stupid stuff, an office, a house, a huge sound system.
But none of that makes you free.
What makes me more free, is now that my mind no longer craves stupid sh#t that other people tell me I should want.
Now that my mind no longer wants to be like a fire, I can rely on my own subtle understanding like an ember.

Image = fire
Remove dependance on all that = clear, focused, skilled, ember.

I try not to look at money as a problem to "solve away". I try to look at it as blank potential, the most important thing I need to protect my dreams and my soul etc.
Parents cant protect dreams, they can't protect your soul, but money when you learn how, can.

Sometimes 50 dollars is all a guy needs to change the path of his life. And if you are sensitive to those smaller opportunities, larger ones will not be as pressing.

For example, I got kicked out of an apartment, most people would say then "screw renting", but I had a wad of cash in my hand, so I just laughed and started calmly contacting people to find an even better place for myself. I did.

Being who you want, rather than who others try to force you to be is exactly what that wad of cash was for. But not by playing THEIR game.
Money is nothing when you play "their game", it is everything when you know how to play your own.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
You have a good head on your shoulders.
Maybe my advice on getting mentors was too hastey.

I'm really glad you board, its a great sport (I'm more of a surfer myself), amazing stress relief.
I found that having a passion taught me more about life than school ever did. It balanced me out. Your boarding is important, keep up with stuff like that, cuz it'll help you figure your life out better than anyone's words.

Aight, with the money man, now that you have that you are playing chess with life, and that money is like your queen. If you move the queen out early usually it gets sacrificed early, so don't let anyone without any clue pressure you to do anything.
Perfect your inner balance first.

Money can be two things, fire or an ember deeply nestled between coals.
Fire consumes, but an ember spreads deep into other coals, building a stable fire that lasts all night and only needs a little help to keep burning.

To make money freedom, it must become embers, not fire.

Its like boarding, you can kick your legs and go crazy and it does nothing, but if you focus, a little of the right movement is more than enough to do the trick.

Money is the same as a board. Initially it does nothing, and you can be like "stupid board! how does anyone use you!". But once you understand how little is needed to do very cool stuff, thats where you need the focus.

I found that when I was dumb about money, I wanted to buy stupid stuff, an office, a house, a huge sound system.
But none of that makes you free.
What makes me more free, is now that my mind no longer craves stupid sh#t that other people tell me I should want.
Now that my mind no longer wants to be like a fire, I can rely on my own subtle understanding like an ember.

Image = fire
Remove dependance on all that = clear, focused, skilled, ember.

I try not to look at money as a problem to "solve away". I try to look at it as blank potential, the most important thing I need to protect my dreams and my soul etc.
Parents cant protect dreams, they can't protect your soul, but money when you learn how, can.

Sometimes 50 dollars is all a guy needs to change the path of his life. And if you are sensitive to those smaller opportunities, larger ones will not be as pressing.

For example, I got kicked out of an apartment, most people would say then "screw renting", but I had a wad of cash in my hand, so I just laughed and started calmly contacting people to find an even better place for myself. I did.

Being who you want, rather than who others try to force you to be is exactly what that wad of cash was for. But not by playing THEIR game.
Money is nothing when you play "their game", it is everything when you know how to play your own.
Awesome insight.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I'm not a millionaire yet, but I'm not far away. Haha I'll turn 16 soon (next week), I'll contact MTV and see if they can make a show "16 and millionare" LOL jk

Can confirm. The fact that I can buy almost whatever I want doesn't really make me happy. I'm a extreme sports type of guy so when I'm not coding/in school I'm skateboarding with friends, which I absolutely love! Btw I think I wouldn't succeed without skateboarding, because it gave me some sort of warrior mentality. Before I went home I told myself "I just need to land this trick before I go home" which later translated into "I won't stop til' I learn/code this". I've pulled my hair for days just to solve a tiny problem/tweak things until it felt right.

Thanks man! :) Tell them about thenewboston on youtube, that will definitively get them on the right track! :)
Today was the last day of school so I guess I have to wait until high school! If I do a talk I'll let you know!

Btw just a random thought; Here in Sweden a lot of people are starting to vote on racists parties (Swedish Democrats, SvP etc)... It's really sad!:( Why can't everybody be friends and work together?! If they win the election I'm out of this country.

LMAO. LMAO. LMAO Stanley. Way to go though--its an inspiration!

Jam Wheel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 14, 2014
UK/US/SE
Stopping in to also offer congrats - in my (take it with a grain of salt) opinion there isn't enough opportunity and support for creative entrepreneurial expression in Sweden. Keep on chugging and keep livin' different. Not much to gain from following the herd!

That being said - you could get your HS diploma/pass gymnasium and consider applying for the US Green Card lottery once you are 18. If you have solid income you can make from anywhere, and you really want to be in the US, you may as well give it a go because the requirements are really limited, entry is free, and fast tracks a GC with no employer requirement. And before anyone suggests that's a long shot - my Swedish partner of 10 years won on his very first entry and became a US citizen 2 years ago. Ironically enough he is downstairs right now learning/working on code for a website of a new biz we are launching with a friend. ;)

Ajay2390

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
@Stanley Mala i am impressed to say the least. fantastic story. I am very happy to know that your handling yourself well and developed a good mindset. At your age, i was on the wrong track getting into trouble without a care in the world. No doubt, You are in the right place, Welcome.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Great job! Keep up the good work!

Just out of curiosity, how did you develop Android apps without knowing Java?

samdee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 3, 2014
Because my life goal is to learn "native" English and move out to the states (+own a green Lambo Aventador).

I just want to learn advanced math + higher level English, so I can make more complex stuff. I know I can just buy some books off Amazon and learn easily on my own but high school (Not college, sorry I'll edit the first post) is an experience where I'll make new friends etc.

I don't know I'd feel comfortable sharing all my stuff here for various reasons (No one knows except my parents and my best friends (The best ones that I've been with since kindergarten));

You're right, I'll edit the post.
Btw tackar! :)
You can make new friends, anywhere,anytime.

Stanley Mala

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 27, 2013
Sweden
Thanks everybody! Updates coming soon..! :)

Great job! Keep up the good work!
Just out of curiosity, how did you develop Android apps without knowing Java?

I do my stuff in C# and let the game engine convert it to native platform code. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...