The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'll be 60 before the next Presidential election and I'm still going to cancel my 'scription!

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I've listened to both books (tomes?) over the course of the last 30 days and they have given me a lot to think about. I definitely want to have FU money and will do so as soon as possible. I've been working a plan to sell Print-on-demand products to pay off debt and build capital for the event company I want to found. POD is not exactly an Unscripted enterprise due to the low barrier to entry and the loads of people in the space. I'll keep working toward this and focus on exceptionalism as I also look for a new enterprise to launch. I'm also using POD to show my 30 year old daughter the steps to run a company.

About me: I' a baby boomer who joined the US Navy directly out of high school. The I received a million dollar computer tech education, spent 4 years on a ship and taught sailors about data systems for the last 3 of my 9 total years of service. When I got out in 1987, I was also reeling from a divorce and took a field service job fixing microfiche cameras and duplicators. (not kidding). During this time I transferred from L.A. to Kansas City and also ran into my stint with an MLM. The boss, unimpressed with my declaring I was going to be rich and not need his a$$ much longer, decided to fire me to save me the effort.

After a year of not much work, I started going to college full time. No I was not eligible for the old or new GI Bill, so I went to school with SallieMae supporting me, my new wife, and daughter. Fast forward 5 years and $75k in loans later, and I started work at a large aerospace firm in St. Louis. I'd never lost the desire to be my own boss, so I side gigged some tech work around town. Made a little money but not much.

After Y2k didn't really happen and the need for my services wound down, I found myself laid off again and back in Kansas City. I worked at a Hospital, was hired away to work at a large medical software entity and then a major PC maker in Austin 'just had to have me' and hired me on as a badged contractor at double what I made before.

Sweet as that was, the CEO was a believer in the housing crash and how it would affect his empire, so he let me and all the other badged contractors go the day before the 2008 election. I stayed underemployed and depressed for 2 years before landing my current gig back at my previous wage and working 100% from home.

I've created systems to do my current job in about 8 hours a week including meetings, so I am perfectly poised to improve myself. I've been working on my health since 2013, backslid in 2018, but back at it this year.

TL;DR By my 60th birthday in September 2020 I want to have some serious grist going in the mill and have set a deadline of January 2021 to be debt free and cash positive enough to move south for some beachfront living.

><>\\\Reed

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hey welcome to the forum!

I'm sure with that determination and experience of your's you'll be able to go pass all the obstacles, challenges along the way and succeed one way or another. You're ahead of most of the people here in terms of experience so use that as your advantage.

Keep pushing forward and good luck!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Reed, appreciate the intro!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I've been seeing you post more and more around the forum, Reed. I enjoy seeing your responses. And may I add, If that's you in your profile picture, you're looking great for almost 60. Keep up the good work on your health journey, and your future goals. I believe we have a similar mindset. :)

Cheers,
Dennis

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
I've been seeing you post more and more around the forum, Reed. I enjoy seeing your responses. And may I add, If that's you in your profile picture, you're looking great for almost 60. Keep up the good work on your health journey, and your future goals. I believe we have a similar mindset. :)

Cheers,
Dennis
Thanks, Dennis! Yes that was me in 2016. I injured myself late 2017, got fat again in 2018, now I'm back to my healthy ways. I should be back to my 2016 self by year end. I found I like adventurous endeavors like Spartan races!
I agree, we are not too distant in mindset.
My current mantra is persevere!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
By moving south, did you mean Mexico by chance? Or more like Florida?

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
South Carolina to Florida, Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize. Definitely this hemisphere. Beach within a block and/or channel access a must for me.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Im looking to do the exact same. Maybe we will cross paths.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Certainly! I grew up not too far north of you. (Springfield, OH)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...