The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ikigai

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
It's been a while since I've checked in. I've been busy getting my a$$ stomped by the unforgiving boot of entrepreneurship.

Anyway, I came across this and thought it may resonate for some people. There seems to be two overarching camps on entrepreneurship: those who think it should be passion-driven, and those who think it should be need-driven. The model I've linked here accounts for both.

The Japanese have a word for "reason for being" and they call it "ikigai". There is also an accompanying model at this link:

https://i.redd.it/xphv07du08h01.jpg

I figured this could serve as a useful reference for folks as they contemplate their identity as an entrepreneur (which is something I personally believe to be vital to success, especially when things occasionally fall apart).

- Cheers

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
I've always wondered how this can be interpreted if you take a number of successful entrepreneurs such as elon musk, richard branson, larry page.

This model doesn't capture that. I don't believe that richard branson truly loved the aviation business and thought that he was good at it. He saw opportunity and exploited it.

Mastering and falling in love with process seems to be the only thing that successful entrepreneurs have in common.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hello everyone! I Quick Story to tell you how working with Chris has been a life-changing...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock