The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I thought that was a really negative and weird reply until I saw your suggestion at the bottom of your post, thats actually a cool idea, have a mastermind section, with subsections on marketing etc where people can create threads where they have a specific thing they need help with and the threads are just solely focused on just that problem until it's solved and the thread dies, if you have a new problem, you need to start a new thread. Yeah we have progress threads, AMAs and sections which you can post in and get ideas and help, but I think this would be different. These would be super easy to search for too to find similar problems that have been solved instead of looking for a random reply in someones progress thread or AMA.

Kade

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 6, 2017
France
the problem with this forum is that this is just random posts with no superior structure to harness the energy and talent of people.

the energy is wasted in pointless replies and boring small talks.

there is no focus. like a light bulb, the energy is wasted in all directions.

View attachment 25740

instead this forum should become a giant laser beam applied to each case to solve problems

the energy is employed to its full extent

View attachment 25741

View attachment 25742

the idea comes from watching hot seats in seminars and masterminds groups

everybody in the room thinks on one problem

there should be topics to brainstorm things.

hot topic : " mastermind group on marketing "

" mastermind group on this "

" mastermind group on that"

so that the power and energy of people can be focused on the right topic instead of being wasted in pointless replies .

Along the lines of this thought:
Is it possible to disable this header ? "Latest Posts | New Topics | Trending"
This would make the forum way more navigable, and allow each of us to dive into select forums.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Give forum members the option to delete their post.
yea that would be really helpful, especially considering how impulsive i am lol

i think MJ may object to this as people have abused this in the past, ie going back and deleting all their old posts robbing the forum of value

but perhaps if there were a time limit on it.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Maybe a delete option available for up to 1-3 minutes after you post it only. Or you can only delete it if nobody has replied to it.
i think just set it for the same amount of time you have to edit your posts...

i think much of the concern is... some people post content, then a year or two later they decide 'i don't want all my business out there' or they get mad at someone on the staff and just go back and delete ALL their shit

i forget the time limit for editing post, but i think it's a WHILE.. i think it may even be weeks. i think the amount of time we have to edit posts is sufficient, and theoretically you can abuse the system the same way with the edit system (ie just going in editing all your posts and writing 'deleted'). but as far as i know, there haven't been any issues with abuse of that

also there are technical limitations to the forums unless you actually hire a programmer you're limited to the settings a forum gives you. and i remember the forum i used to Administrate you had to set the delete and edit time limits to the same limit, just as a limitation of the software

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
so new creative ideas can't really reach people since moderators 's limited point of view decide what is right and wrong.

no place for superior understanding outside the accepted truths

i am fed up with moderators's limited understanding of life and i quit posting on this forum

for ever.

but you should understand that people with superior understanding won't be stopped by your limited point of view in life.

you can stop them here

not in life

when you will encouter them, you will lose 100 % of the time

guaranteed. you can't stop intelligence. hard times are coming. your limited point of view wil destroy you

have a nice day

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hmm, I'm wondering if somehow the INSIDERS section can follow a similar model as Medium.

How about affiliate links to market INSIDERS subscriptions and/or the books?

Maybe a section on the forum for member-created groups (with rules and restrictions).

A section to find and hire freelancers?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Oct 16, 2015
Is there a way to integrate a no-bump feature?

I feel a little impolite pushing something to the top sometimes (I kind of feel that way right now...).

happiness2go

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 21, 2018
Germany
I would delete the men's room section. I do understand where you were coming from by trying to limit these kinds of discussions to a specific section.

However, I feel like creating that section has in fact encouraged people to write more about this kind of "men talk" to the point where the forum is overloaded by it.

It'd probably better to delete those kind of posts altogether.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Is pming moderators allowed?

Should we tag them if we see ppl dropping links or asking for private messages?

I don’t wanna bug the moderators, they’re already so busy but I’ve tagged Vig once or twice and he wiped out a baddie.. but I dunno if that’s annoying to you all or helpful.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
We have a generous Sell me Sat section is there a section where people can make a request to Pay for a Service/Product/Gig?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.