The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you think your college diploma is no longer worth it, do this

flyingdolphin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Sep 23, 2020
Philippines
Earlier today, I came across an article online that says a man burned all his certificates including his diploma. Talk about "I'm done with all this sh*t" and means it.

My reaction, coming fresh from reading The Millionaire Fastlane , was "Damn right dude!".

But I cannot find anything that supports my enthusiasm and happiness for this man - after all, he's now coming to his senses! He's being awakened! He's now escaping from the Scripted world! Isn't that supposed to be celebrated??

NOPE -- said the comments and the headline.

"A Man From Somewhere You'll Never Know Burns His School Certificates Because Why Not? School Is A Major Scam"
"Oh no, he needs his credentials to secure work. How can he find work now?"
"The government sucks."
"Others are uneducated and they're making serious money! This is unfair and complete madness."

Well, that man must be crazy for burning a piece of paper that costs him 4 years or more of his life!!

not to mention the tuition fees and allowances that costed his parents' arms and legs and heads and toes and.... yup.

and the amount of patience and hard-work that he had put into his school loads and extra-curricular activities such as internships.

in·tern·ship - noun
definition
: some BS extravaganza wherein you'll pay a company in exchange of a GRAND experience of working in their company for free a.k.a win-win deal for everybody!

Who would do such thing of burning his/her diploma???

Yes, I initially find it cool. Someone burned his certificates? Woahh! I loved the intensity - the rebellion. A simple waste management principle - burn every worthless thing to ashes because we won't use them anyway.

If I happened to come across that article years ago, I might have a completely different reaction. Why wouldn't I? I was just like everybody. I had a HUGE faith in employee life hoping that it'll lead me in the land of milk and honey. Of course, getting a college degree is the only way to get it. Duh?

But later on, I realized that the act of burning the diploma might be someone's cry for help. Desperation. Frustration. Helplessness. Depression.

But more than that it's about FINALLY seeing the BS in everything -- especially in the educational system.

Schools and universities are businesses - nothing more. A manufacturing business producing obedient employees of the future and a diploma is the proof that someone's ready to be shipped somewhere he can be of value for $10USD/day, 5 days a week. Ahhhh THE DREAM!

I hope that more people will know that it's not too late for us to take the control back in our lives.

How??

By not letting a piece of paper dictate our lives or how it's not generating the kind of life promised to us by educational institutions.. because NEWS ALERT: they don't care and never did. I hope they will, but it seems unlikely..

So what now?

Burn your diploma?? -- COOL.
Keep it?? -- SURE.
Get one?? -- GO AHEAD.

No matter what you decide to do, one thing remains the same..

We are responsible for our lives - not the government, not the university, not the diploma, not the economy, but us and us ONLY.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

I don't know, I wouldn't burn my authorization to practice medicine if I had one. Let's not forget that some countries also require higher education to create a company.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Well, that man must be crazy for burning a piece of paper that costs him 4 years or more of his life!!

This is exact the problem which many people have in the U.S. who are trying to get a higher degree. Luckily in other countries you will get your academic degree supported by the government. I know a friend of mine who has studied for about 10 years and he has just to pay 20k+ back. You not only get the study cost paid. You also get money for your rent, food and insurance. Even your public ticket is paid. I still dont understand why it is not in the interest of the American government to support the national education but I guess I have to live in the U.S. before to understand it.

But later on, I realized that the act of burning the diploma might be someone's cry for help. Desperation. Frustration. Helplessness. Depression.

Learn from the mistakes of others. Make your own conclusions. Follow your own decisions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Btw. : when I studied, my parents supported me and I worked . I never had one penny loan because of my stuAnd it was a great time in my life as my thoughts were free.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Earlier today, I came across an article online that says a man burned all his certificates including his diploma. Talk about "I'm done with all this sh*t" and means it.

My reaction, coming fresh from reading The Millionaire Fastlane , was "Damn right dude!".

But I cannot find anything that supports my enthusiasm and happiness for this man - after all, he's now coming to his senses! He's being awakened! He's now escaping from the Scripted world! Isn't that supposed to be celebrated??

NOPE -- said the comments and the headline.

"A Man From Somewhere You'll Never Know Burns His School Certificates Because Why Not? School Is A Major Scam"
"Oh no, he needs his credentials to secure work. How can he find work now?"
"The government sucks."
"Others are uneducated and they're making serious money! This is unfair and complete madness."

not to mention the tuition fees and allowances that costed his parents' arms and legs and heads and toes and.... yup.

and the amount of patience and hard-work that he had put into his school loads and extra-curricular activities such as internships.

in·tern·ship - noun
definition
: some BS extravaganza wherein you'll pay a company in exchange of a GRAND experience of working in their company for free a.k.a win-win deal for everybody!

Who would do such thing of burning his/her diploma???

Yes, I initially find it cool. Someone burned his certificates? Woahh! I loved the intensity - the rebellion. A simple waste management principle - burn every worthless thing to ashes because we won't use them anyway.

If I happened to come across that article years ago, I might have a completely different reaction. Why wouldn't I? I was just like everybody. I had a HUGE faith in employee life hoping that it'll lead me in the land of milk and honey. Of course, getting a college degree is the only way to get it. Duh?

But more than that it's about FINALLY seeing the BS in everything -- especially in the educational system.

Schools and universities are businesses - nothing more. A manufacturing business producing obedient employees of the future and a diploma is the proof that someone's ready to be shipped somewhere he can be of value for $10USD/day, 5 days a week. Ahhhh THE DREAM!

I hope that more people will know that it's not too late for us to take the control back in our lives.

How??

By not letting a piece of paper dictate our lives or how it's not generating the kind of life promised to us by educational institutions.. because NEWS ALERT: they don't care and never did. I hope they will, but it seems unlikely..

So what now?

Burn your diploma?? -- COOL.
Keep it?? -- SURE.
Get one?? -- GO AHEAD.

No matter what you decide to do, one thing remains the same..

We are responsible for our lives - not the government, not the university, not the diploma, not the economy, but us and us ONLY.

You cannot say if this was smart or dumb without more information.

I mean this guy got newspaper coverage and attention which is super valuable in itself.

If he knows how to use that to move forwards it's a super smart move because he can tell that story over and over again and it's a huge asset.

If he does not use the attention he got I think it's not as smart but he will surely learn from it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.