• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

If possible to provide an organically lower price for a premium service, is that a problem?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Fightrepreneur, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Fightrepreneur

Fightrepreneur Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $241
    MJ and others have discussed how "adding value" by undercutting competitor prices is a poor long term business model because it will become a battle for increasingly slimmer margins because of a price war. But what if your business model allows you to make profit while offering the same service at a lower cost than the competitors?

I am starting a service-oriented business that is often offered by other larger companies but isn't generally their main product. I am targeting a niche that I believe is generally priced out of this service, and I believe I can offer a better price/better deal structure because my costs will be lower, as I will specifically be targeting this service.

Is this dangerous long term?