The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If everything is my fault, it means I have control over everything!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
I have always been able to blame myself, even for things that might not be my fault at all, with no problem. It never bothered me to feel responsible. My take on it is that if you're responsible for everything then you're the one in control.

Accountability on the other hand... I am still a useless lazy fool, but I will change that.
I was ready to go into a much bigger post but I think i've been able to see things a little differently.

I still have a lot to learn but maybe someone else can express their thoughts here too. This post might be a little unorganized but i'm glad I typed this because it really cleared my head.

How does anyone else feel about this? Does it make you feel like you can change the world? I know I sure want to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Look up internal vs external locus of control. It pops up around here every once in a while.

External ends up being people who blame everyone and everything for their problems. The good and the bad are because they are lucky or unlucky. Their life is out of control. Basically people I can’t talk to for more than 5 minutes.

Internal means you have control. Internal means you are responsible and I believe it is a foundation for entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

Stuffing

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 14, 2017
United States
Look up internal vs external locust of control. It pops up around here every once in a while.

External ends up being people who blame everyone and everything for their problems. The good and the bad are because they are lucky or unlucky. Their life is out of control. Basically people I can’t talk to for more than 5 minutes.

Internal means you have control. Internal means you are responsible and I believe it is a foundation for entrepreneurship.
Thanks for the reply. That's really valuable info for me and I appreciate it!
I'm glad I decided to finally post something.

I was having trouble with the relationships part of the wealth trinity, and you seriously helped.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Look up internal vs external locust of control. It pops up around here every once in a while.

How to Internalize a Locus of Control - Jungian Center for the Spiritual Sciences

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
...Does it make you feel like you can change the world? I know I sure want to.
I believe that that the really important, life shaping, decisions are the small, moment to moment ones -- like being polite to your family members -- properly brushing & flossing your teeth -- getting up early to get started on your work plan -- etc.. That's how we change the world -- by taking planned & determined care of our little corner.

By blaming yourself for everything, you are giving up control of your life -- creating a built-in excuse to NOT take action. You can't change the whole world by snapping your fingers -- but, you can make decisions & take actions that change you and your immediate world. Those changes then create a ripple effect, like a pebble skipped across a still pond. And that's how you can systematically change the world!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
My take on it is that if you're responsible for everything then you're the one in control.
I believe you have full control over where you want to be in life. Although, I don't agree blame, shame, and guilt are part of the equation. You can change your life every day by working towards your goals.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
How does anyone else feel about this? Does it make you feel like you can change the world? I know I sure want to.

your personnality is a stable system , not so easy to change, let alone changing the world.

people won't change. you probably won't change as well.

the odds are against you.

the NSA computers and interception systems are currently scanning the internet and any electronic device on earth

if people changed suddenly their behaviours by the millions, right now

then this would be the scramble at the pentagon with sirens, red ligths and so on like the beginning of a nuclear war

because this is statisticaly impossible.

definitively.

people are stable systems that are managed in a game called " society ". they are not supposed to change and evolve on a large scale.

terminator.jpg

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
...people are stable systems that are managed in a game called " society ". they are not supposed to change and evolve on a large scale.
Uh? I guess you haven't heard about the Civil Rights movement -- the women's movement -- the pill, giving women reproductive control -- the Fair Credit Act -- TV -- the end of the Cold War -- the rise of Islam -- the invention and adoption of computers, and then, personal computers -- the creation of the worldwide internet -- cracking the DNA code -- robots and AI -- organ transplants -- space travel and exploration -- the Kindle & smart phones -- stem cells -- and the list goes on & on...

All this has happened during my lifetime. We've experienced more change in the last 100 years than we have in any similar period of time in the history of mankind.

offrs review

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 5, 2018
USA
Easy do... if you own it, you own it. I think you're on the right track. You'll want to work on that laziness thing, but you're off to a great start in acknowledging what you have responsibility for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.