The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ideas using Machine Learning?

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
My advice after being in or seeing a few startups doing advanced machine learning / analytics, don't overthink it. Unless you really love research, don't do a startup along the lines of "I will make a highly advanced model that can predict the future / stock markets / ... and extract insights" better than others.

There's a lot of lower hanging fruit along the lines of selling shovels vs mining for gold. E.g. there are tools used by data scientists, from slack to AWS. Those are more straightforward to build and can be a more realistic Fastlane. Unless you are specifically aiming to make history.
That's my 2 cents anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
As a C# application programmer of X years, I've got a few ideas of my own that are proprietary.

But for you? Think of something involving the SaaS business model.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Ho
Subscribe to me on YT (link in signature) - yes a shameless plug.

You can freelance right away. Head on over to my channel and check out the machine learning freelancer series, and then check out @Lex DeVille content for some more in depth material on how to land gigs as a freelancer.

@Remiremi has also had success doing some freelance stuff in ML, and that has translated into other opportunities for him.

YT is a tough grind. I've been doing it off and on for almost two years and just crested 1,000 subs. I quit my last gig and now I'm doing YT full time as I build an audience to sell material to.

I'd recommend Fast.ai over Udemy courses, in general, but if you want to go the Udemy route, check out Lazy Programmer's stuff. It's quite good, though I don't care for his coding style.
Hi,
I am a subscriber of you and joined the forum by your recommendation but i have read TMF before i know your channel.

My question is how do you freelance, most of them ask phd and shit.
I do have skillset but i find freelancing in web and app is easier.

I would love to combine my my skillset and give a Complete automation solution with web and mobile app.

Please provide some steps how to do this

P.S. I am a college student from india

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Ho

Hi,
I am a subscriber of you and joined the forum by your recommendation but i have read TMF before i know your channel.

My question is how do you freelance, most of them ask phd and shit.
I do have skillset but i find freelancing in web and app is easier.

I would love to combine my my skillset and give a Complete automation solution with web and mobile app.

Please provide some steps how to do this

P.S. I am a college student from india

I need to do a video on this, but I'm not freelancing anymore, for a variety of reasons.

As to your particular question: asking for a PhD is just a stall. It's not an objection. The real objection is that they don't think you can complete the task. The best way to break through is to find smaller gigs and demonstrate competency, build a portfolio and reputation and then move up the ladder of jobs.

In the mean time, keep doing the web / app work to make some money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
The best way to break through is to find smaller gigs and demonstrate competency, build a portfolio and reputation and then move up the ladder of jobs.
do you suggest any platform for this or how should I get small gigs?

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Ok, so once I find a need and can provide value, is someone like me who already has years of experience with programming in machine learning (but nowhere near expert-level and there's tons of people who can program better than me. I also have no web programming skills) better off working on the machine learning/technical side? Or am I better off just outsourcing that work and devoting my time to sales, marketing, etc?

I saw some of the previous threads here about whether to outsource the coding or learn it, but those seem mostly for people who have no prior programming experience. I've already devoted years to programming
I am experienced software developer, with some experience in ML , I try web design ,and many other businesses but didnt seem to make me millionaire , so I am still employee with side hassle.
as for ML , by itself it is useless, you need something to analyze such as some data like customer data , what people are buying , etc . Try to find some datasets that you can use to get some valuable information that people are ready to pay for, in general most obvious datasets are already analyzed and some published for free , however you can still think of other

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.